Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Weich is bobbing & weaving but it's patently clear he's fudging his answers...

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Weich's body language as he left the hearing spoke volumes about his state of mind!

He left there with the understanding that even the senior Democrat on the panel is VERY unhappy with him and Holder.

I hope that the message gets back and that they really get dwon to it.

I'm concerned that the POTUS will claim executive privelege and have documents and/or testimony will be withheld.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There's very strict limits on Presidential executive privilege, and emails between ATF director Melson and Holder or others about operational details or operational statuses wouldn't fit into it. DOJ is hosed, and they are running scared.

Weich will very possibly be charged with lying to Congress for his earlier letter on February 4th stating that ATF did not allow guns to be walked.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Calhoun
There's very strict limits on Presidential executive privilege, and emails between ATF director Melson and Holder or others about operational details or operational statuses wouldn't fit into it. DOJ is hosed, and they are running scared.

Weich will very possibly be charged with lying to Congress for his earlier letter on February 4th stating that ATF did not allow guns to be walked.

Dont hold your breath on that. We'll get one mid level head rolling, a little, and the rest re-assignments, early retirements, and the like.

This too shall pass, and the hand slaps wont be heard round the world.

Also, be prepared for some world class spin which turns all of this into a gun control issue.

Fully supported by your MSM (GS)

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Weich shoulda been led out in handcuffs.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think you missed Issa yelling at Assistant Attorney General Ronald Weich, and wanting him to produce the person who wrote that line in that letter.

The February 4th letter states, "At the outset, the allegation described in your January 27 letter - that ATF "sanctioned" or otherwise knowingly allowed the sale of assault weapons to a straw purchaser who then transported them into Mexico - is false."

It doesn't say that it's false to the best of their knowledge, it says that it's false. That's been proved a flat out lie. And he repeated it in a letter in May.

The media isn't going to be involved in this, Issa has the power all by himself to move this along and he will. It is NOT going to die.

And it won't be a "mid-level", acting ATF Director Kenneth Melson is proved to have been involved, and it will go higher than him.

I expect to hear about the next hearing and set of subpoena's to in the next day or two. I'm betting it will involve Newell, Melson, etc. Then they will have to name people in the DOJ, and the next hearing will involve them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Obiged for the updates , Calhoun.The video on the link only plays a couple of seconds for me so I can't track it.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Anybody thinks is "Going Away" is really delusional, and today was a GOOD kickoff..

I didn't see ALL of the hearings today,.....( damned fire is keeping us all hopping here in the potential path of it).

Did catch Issa's 'How dare you' and "Don't apologize for me" lines though.

Do you reckon these hearings will be up on Youtube ?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I like this Trey Gowdy dude.. He's tryin' to get potatoes and the respondent is givin' him lettuce.. laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The entire 4 hour hearing can be viewed here on cspan, don't know how long the video will stay there.

Since it's 4 hours, doubt it will make it in it's entirety to youtube. Maybe, and there are a couple other places it might be available at.

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/300051-1

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Will a transcript be available on line , do you reckon ?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
my gratitude to those agents that at least tried to interdict and seize those weapons.

imo a perfect example of gov't bureaucracy run amok, when higher ups brushed off their concerns.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

629 members (19rabbit52, 1badf350, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 66 invisible), 2,604 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,689
Posts18,456,511
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.