guys at work were discussing this today, I never heard of
it. H&K makes a full auto version as far as I know, but
I have never heard of a CETME auto.

GB1

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
the CETME is the H&K G3s dad. Some of the WW2 german small arms technology migrated to Spain after the war and became the CETME. It was then licensed to Germany and product improved to become the H&K G3, which is the military full auto version of the civilian H&K 91. so, yes there are full auto CETME. they were used by Spain for quite a few years as their primary battle rifle until it was relaced by a 5.56 rifle in the 80s. The German arms that it morphed from was the roller locking system from the MG42 and IIRC the Stg45 (which never made it into production). I don't believe there are any "real" transferable CETME in the US. IIRC there are a couple Pre-May dealer samples and there are some "real" semi-auto Cetme Imported by the Mars company. Century International made a bunch of Semi-auto from de-milled full auto parts kits over the last 10 years. Some of the Century International Semi-autos were then modified to take registered transfereable H&K sear packs to make legal Full auto CETME.

advntrjnky

8mm-06 = perfection
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Yes, it does. The Spanish govt. model is a select fire, but you can't control it on full. I've shot one. When I worked for the S0, we had five of them, paid $200 each, I think, non-transferable.

The wood forend gets awfully hot even in semi fire.

I had one of the street legal ones that was VERY accurate. I also had a HK 91 that was pretty accurate.

Not many problems you can't fix
With a 1911 and a 30-06

J
Jericho Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Thanks for the input guys. I did some research and I guess
there two different pistol grips with trigger assemblies
for the CETME and from what I understand they are not
interchangeable between semi and automatic rifles. I would
assume the auto recievers are marked S, F, & A. The CETMEs
I have encountered were marked S & F.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
The newer type semi-auto lower recievers have a shelf milled into them that won't accept the S, F, A trigger groups, I think. I have an older one, made by Special Weaponsfrom a stainless steel cast reciever. These were made by Special Weapons before they sold out to Century Arms, and it is a pretty accurate rifle for it's original intended purposes. I bought the G-3 furniture as well as the telescoping butt stock for it. The nice thing about these to me, is that the magazines were very inexpensive, they are very reliable in the field conditions they were designed for, it has been accurate, and the recoil is almost nil. The ergonomics did take a little getting used to, there is no last round bolt open function, and they do dent the cases when they are ejected about 40 feet away. Once I got adjusted to the placement of the controls, it grew on me. It is fairly heavy, but it has the nickname of "The AK-47 of the full-power main battle rifle" for a reason. Mine has continued to function fine in very filty conditions. The reciever on mine has the 3 positions on the trigger group, but will only shoot semi-auto, but it shoots when placed in either position besides "SAFE". This makes it easier to go from SAFE to FIRE with my strong hand, as the safety can be pushed forward and down for fire instead of having to be pushed up and forward, which is much more difficult to do without taking my eyes off of the target. I have heard that the Century Arms CETMEs are a crap shoot, but I have been well-pleased with mine. My health is declining, so mine will be sold soon, but I had a lot of good times running her.

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

616 members (01Foreman400, 160user, 2500HD, 204guy, 257 roberts, 257Bob, 57 invisible), 2,398 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,636
Posts18,455,269
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.