Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
GunGeek Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
All,

Many may know (and some may not) I now have a web based magazine (www.ShootersJournal.net). I just finished a piece on the Marlin 39 and the gentleman who was going to lend me his for photography sold it before I could photo it. So I was wondering if there is anyone here on the Campfire who could help me out with a couple of photos of their Marlin 39�s. High resolution, good exposure is a huge help. Anything you can do to help out would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can get you pictures of a 39D and a Mountie too, but this is what I can get my hands on at the moment.

Centennial:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

39A with peep:

[Linked Image]

39A with scope:

[Linked Image]

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I also did a "picture essay" on how to replace the plastic bullseye in the stock.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

Italian Proverb

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Please tell me about your peep .....

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

dogzapper

Italian Proverb

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Never seen a house cat kill pic before.

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Swampman700

Me neither. I would like to see many more.

dogzapper

Italian Proverb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr

uhh, O.K.......
[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Gents,

If you have high resolution versions of thos photos, would you mind e-mailing them to kevinshootersjournal.net ?

By the way, VERY nice rifles my friends. You gotta love the Marlin 39. I always say it; best damn rifle no one's talking about.

Since there's nothing "new" about them, the gun magazines really don't write anything about them. That's why I'm doing my piece on the Marlin 39. A rifle that great needs to be written about.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'll send ya a dollar, if you use one of them dead kitty pics.

grin

Never drilled any "excess" farm cats or ferals with my M39, but a mess of 'em have been culled over the past 50+ years, with 22 rimfire handguns and assorted 22 rifles.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not to hijack your thread as I don't have a Marlin 39 any more but your online magazine looks to be well done. Good articles, agree with you on the SKS. I never owned a Yugo but owned a Russian and a Chinese. Never had a malfunction with either. They work.

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I can get you pictures of a 39D and a Mountie too, but this is what I can get my hands on at the moment.

Centennial:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

39A with peep:

[Linked Image]

39A with scope:

[Linked Image]

SAKO..isn't that second gun a rare 39D?? 20" tapered barrel with dovetailed front sight and pistol grip stock???

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Good for you, Kevin ! Happens to be the .22 of choice for me. I've had mine over 15 yrs. now and still love it. E

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Not the greatest photographer, but here is a pic of a 39D I have with the box. My dad gave this to me for Christmas over 30 years ago. Still have the original receipt from Grand Central Dept. Store January 1972, $69.99 + $3.15 Sales Tax. I had a Winchester 67 I used alot, but this Marlin has seen only 1 box of shells put through it.
[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 30WCF
Not the greatest photographer, but here is a pic of a 39D I have with the box. My dad gave this to me for Christmas over 30 years ago. Still have the original receipt from Grand Central Dept. Store January 1972, $69.99 + $3.15 Sales Tax. I had a Winchester 67 I used alot, but this Marlin has seen only 1 box of shells put through it.
[Linked Image]

Almost seems criminal to have that rifle & not shoot it

George
Associate Gypsy

Originally Posted by GOD
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I thought the same thing several times when I first received it. My Dad encouraged me to keep it as new in the box and use the 67 single shot. He figured with the 39D being made only a few years it may be worth more if kept in pristine shape. The one box of shells I did shoot through it was when I grew tired of shooting at a running jack with a single shot and snuck it out. It worked great, and as I recall shot a little high. I cleaned it when I got home and placed it back in the box. To this day my Dad thinks its never been fired. I get it out and wipe it down from time to time, but got a used Winchester 74 for the jacks. I guess one of my sons will probably get to decide whether to use it some day down the road.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RJM

Centennial:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

39A with peep:

[Linked Image]

39A with scope:

[Linked Image]

SAKO..isn't that second gun a rare 39D?? 20" tapered barrel with dovetailed front sight and pistol grip stock???

Bob

Whoops, I was wondering what happened to that picture! yeah. That gun is in great shape too.

dogzapper

Italian Proverb

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Still you have far more self control than I.... smile

George
Associate Gypsy

Originally Posted by GOD
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Here's a nice one (not a housecat). If this is of benefit to you, I might do better with a little more time (plainer background, or your suggestions).

[Linked Image]

"I have always disliked the words 'authority' and 'expert' when applied to those who write about guns, shooting,and hunting. I have never set myself up as either."
Jack O'Connor
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
[Linked Image]

"I have always disliked the words 'authority' and 'expert' when applied to those who write about guns, shooting,and hunting. I have never set myself up as either."
Jack O'Connor
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
[Linked Image]

Jack O'Connor
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I missed those "Annie Oakleys" at Wal Mart years ago. I did get one of the AWF rifles though. Go it on closeout for way cheap! It's still in the box although I do have 3 other 39's I've gathered over the years.

Anything Worth Doing Is Worth Overdoing
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Kevin, I cannot get your magazine to open . Any thoughts? thanks, jt

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
the 39 is quite accurate, I sure like that rifle.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tahnka
[Linked Image]

I was sorely tempted by one of these in my local gun shop recently. They wanted $650 for it if I recollect. I was able to resist though as I have two 39's already. Nice looking gun.

Last edited by Mink; 07/08/11.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tahnka
[Linked Image]

First - Sorry guys, went on vacation; just getting back to this thread. Tahnaka, that's a nice shot. Generally closer shots are better than longer overall shots. Would you mind if I use this one?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by huntsman22

uhh, O.K.......
[Linked Image]

Guys -
I'm sure you will flame me, but we shouldn't post pictures of kill shots on "domestic pets" here. I'm sure they we're feral cats, but these pictures are exactly what the anti-hunters like to find and it will be advertised as "hunters bragging about killing your pet cat".
Why give the anti's ammunition against us? Always promote the positive side of hunting because the vast majority of people are neutral on hunting until someone convinces them otherwise.

Think about it for a moment before you start ragging on me.
H

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I did think about it. For a moment......

The antihunter ass-kisser part, anyway......

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Hey Huntsman,
Its better to have a hunter tell you your pictures are damaging to our sport than waiting for PETA to take a screen shot of your post with your picture and put it on a bill board telling the world "hunters are indiscriminant killers of all animals". Even Swampman made a comment he's never seen cat kill pictures before which tells me you are one of the first individuals EVER to do such a thing.

Show these pictures to your hunting buddies in private, but ask yourself...
Are you PROUD enough to show your cat killing pictures to:
Your 8 year old daughter?
Your 80 year old Grandma?
Your Minister?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I will jump in here and show you the other side of the fence. STOP BOWING TO THE ANTIS BY BEING POLITICALLY CORRECT!!! Screw the antis! They can go pound sand. We are hunters, we kill stuff. NOTHING you can say or do is going to change the minds of antis...nothing.

These are feral cats and do more damage to song birds, pheasants and quail than you can possibly imagine. I have watched one cat wipe out an entire brood of 10 baby quail in a matter of minutes for FUN!

Sorry to hijack the thread, but being politically correct is spineless submissiveness. We have given up so many rights and freedoms, due to being "politically correct". Flinch

Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Flinch,
I already hijacked the thread so no need to apoligize. Its not about political correctness, but protecting your sport you love. The problem with politics and sound bites is they can be twisted and taken out of context to the advantage of the person who wants to make a point.
None of those cats had "feral cat" written on them so PETA can use them and put whatever caption they want. Again I ask why give them the ammunition?

Did you take firearms safety? I teach it and we have a segment on ethics and responsibility. The US population has about 9% avid hunters, 11% anti-hunters, and the rest are neutral. So 80% of the people see pictures of dead cats, shot up road signs, tresspassing complaints, hear stories of people shooting each other, and being drunks in the woods and they start to side with the anti-hunters.
Feral cats are bad and I'm not opposoed to controlling the population, but I get tired of people driving by my cattle farm shooting our farm cats, dogs, and shining the cattle and many of these guys are "hunters", but slobs out shooting anything that moves on my private property.
It's not being spinless to watch how you promote hunting, its being aware of that 11% of the people are waiting for you to screw up no matter how proud and defiant you are about taking care of wildlife & conservation and then someone publishs pictures like that. One picture of a shot up cat goes a lot farther than a 1000 of your words about killing feral cats they won't read. They see the picture and their mind is made up.

We're part the 9% of the population that is losing to politics, future generations of kids lost to electronic entertainment, urban sprawl, developers, land owners that don't want hunters on their land due to liability, and baby boomers losing their interest in hunting.

Sure... Screw the anti's, but don't screw the rest of us in the meantime.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes I did take hunter ethics and have tried to educate people on what it really means for years. Draping a bloody elk across the hood of a truck, shooting up road signs, and shooting feral animals comes to mind. You will NEVER change any of their minds or their actions (slob hunters or PITA advocates). They will continue to think and do as they please, no matter what pictures are posted here or anywhere else. If some PITA knothead is here looking for an ax to grind, it is easy to find. Same with animal cruelty sites, animal shelters pics or basic Google searches. But being politically correct is a bunch of horse excrement. Being tasteful with posted images is COMPLETELY different than being politically correct. Again, I understand where you are coming from, but trying to make the tree huggers happy is a losing battle and always will be.

A picture of a shot dead cat would sway them against hunting in a heart beat. You could show that same person a picture of the same cat batting around and killing a bunch of newly hatched baby quail and their tune would change again, wishing the cat was dead. You could show the same person 50 deer starving to death on the winter range and they would want the DWR to feed them. If one of those starving deer came into their yard and ate all their bushes and flowers, they would want them all dead. You could show that same person hunters reducing that herd that is eating their bushes and they wold again hate hunters. I live in a mountainous area and go through this scenario on a daily basis with the citizens here. Those are your "neutral" people. They are who they are...uneducated on nature and easily swayed for what suits their needs at that moment. Anywho...it is what it is. Flinch

Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We don't need photographic documentation of everything we've done. The shot cat pictures are no more appropriate than pictures of him taking a dump would be. Sure he does both, but we don't want to see either.

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Good points Flinch.
I've read several articles on feral cat predation showing a cat stalking a birds, but I have never seen a picture of shot up cat in any of those articles. Even the people promoting cat hunting seasons know better than to do that even if it's for "shock" value.

Its not being politically correct, its being politically savvy to watch what you post. WE hunters have to watch ourselves because people are watching us for our slips.

In the end, no one has given a good reason why to post pictures of shot up cats. Just defensive statements about anti's or wildlife or political correctness to sooth their pride that a fellow hunter called them out to behave better in public.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Look around a bit. More than just a couple pics of cats with extra holes in them.

Cant say as I ever gave a schit about it either way. The fact the anti's might not like a pic like that makes me like the fact that its up a lil more. [bleep] 'em, same goes for the Politically correct web police as well

Last edited by mud_bogger; 07/20/11.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
[Linked Image]

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
This one is my favorite pic of my Mountie. Not too bad for a simple instant camera. It was a cold winter morning out on the Sagebrush Sea of the Great Basin.

[Linked Image]

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Thanx .... I like it!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by avagadro; 08/01/11.

George
Associate Gypsy

Originally Posted by GOD
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (11point, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 56 invisible), 2,863 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,350
Posts18,468,852
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.