Originally Posted by sse
Someone needs to get over themselves.

how many of them are there..... me?

lol

Something clever here.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dude give up the plans for fridge gal....comon!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S

how many of them are there..... me?

And that somebody is ewe...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J

OK, due to the FIRST PART of this thread, I have studied the linked BBQ video extensively and my brother and I constructed a pit based on the video. We're going to try it out this Saturday with 70# of chicken halves, 30# of pork butts and two bundles of hardwood slabs. Anybody hungry?!?

IC B2

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Pictures please!!!!!

Thanks

Go Nats!!!!

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I tried this the other week after watching the video and got all exited. It worked real well just went thrue a lot of wood burning it down on the side of cooker to get coals.I have smaller pieces of wood and i'm going to use some charcoal tomarow. In the pic my neighbor gave me some salmon it turned out real good just could of been a little more smokeier. The wings,legs and theighs turned out excellent.My plans are to make it bigger and build a fire box on the side so could have both coals and inderect heat. I could use that peice of steal you have and use it for the lid. Tomorrow i'm going to bbq some small turky legs,a small pork roast and some italian saosage. I'll post pics tomarrow or probably the next day.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I don't feed em I eat em
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by byc
Pictures please!!!!!

Thanks

I'll try to get some up over the weekend!

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nice bigbrie...nice yard also!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This thread still here! I was thinking, you might want to try the Italian way. My Grandfather would stack cinder blocks 2 high in a rectangle out in the garden and dump a couple bags of charcoal in. After it got hot, out come the spits and grilling baskets. I have a whiskey barrel out in the lean-to full of grilling baskets! I like to bring one camping because it's handy as heck over an open fire! When I was little, we'd skewer meat and vegetables, and put chicken and fish and steaks... in baskets. You'd take them off the fire to baste them and put them back on. Flip as needed. It was fun. So long as you just wipe them off after using them and don't think you feel the need to wash them. Baskets are fun.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
IC B3

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J

I cooked 19 halved chickens and four pork butts Saturday. The pit worked great, the food was fabulous!! In my excitement though, I forgot to take any pictures with meat on the grill. The only thing I would try to do differently next time is that I created too much heat. The pork was done in half the time it was supposed to be. I used an oven thermometer and had trouble keeping it below 300. I think 225 to 250 would be about right.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Looks pretty doggone nice.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm really digging the shop you have in the background. What's that all about?

The pit looks great too and as long as the Q was good it don't matter how soon or long it took to cook.

Nice job Jester!

Go Nats!!!!

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J

Thanks. That's my brother's (DonSM70 on the campfire) garage. He's the guy vigilantly tending the fire in the next to last pic. I'll let him jump in here.

We're trying to plan a baby back rib event for the pit next.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
byc,

My brother (Jester) alerted me to your comment on the shop that is pictured. I'm 62, and retired, and I spend way more time in there than I do the house.

We bought this place about 3 years ago and the first thing Jester and I did was to build a "man cave" in the top floor of the original barn (top, left in the picture, with the row of windows). The first floor (approx. 60' x 100') is workshop and garage space. I'm working very hard to fill it up!

It's been a great property and between the man cave and the 28 acres, it has become party central for family and friends.

donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I would have bet my life on there being a man cave up in there. My Dad has about the same setup but a smaller barn. Nice digs for sure. I'm envious.

David

Go Nats!!!!

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J

byc,

Looking back in the thread, I see that you're the one who posted the Kentucky BBQ link. Thanks a lot!! That's the only reason we're talking now. If you ever get to PA let us know. We'll give you the grand tour then eat some BBQ! I'm sure you could teach us a thing or two as well!

Dale

S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
We bought this place about 3 years ago and the first thing Jester and I did was to build a "man cave" in the top floor of the original barn (top, left in the picture, with the row of windows). The first floor (approx. 60' x 100') is workshop and garage space. I'm working very hard to fill it up!

If you need any cheap labor to pick up and police the yard, run for beer, lemme know...LOL

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
sse,

Can always use some good, cheap labor! Did you happen to notice the floating half keg in Jester's first picture, next to the ladder. It's a good thing that he can cook 'cause he sure does drink a lot of beer.

donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
LOL

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (222ND, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 2003and2013, 10Glocks, 163bc, 68 invisible), 2,569 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,176
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.