Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks for the compliments. As to caliber selection, a few things to ponder; Virtually identical ballistic performance with slightly better Sectional Density to the 450. Also, 458 caliber bullets are readily available and a lot cheaper than 470 bore. Same for brass and loaded fodder. Perhaps more importantly, the 450 can be built on a trimmer action making for a lighter, better handling rifle.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Thank you for sharing your reasoning. Have you decided which bullets you will use, Woodleigh, Swift, Hornady? Do you have a choice of which bullet/load the rifle will be regulated for? Sadly, I have not had the pleasure of handling a 450 NE or a 470 NE so I have no reference on how much trimmer and better handling one is over the other. Good luck with your project.

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Rifle is regulated for factory Hornady ammo and I can duplicate with either DGX/S or Woodleighs

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Hi Jorge,

I'm really glad to see you like french firearms. Your Verney Carron is a great rifle made by Atelier Verney Carron, the custom shop of that french gunmaker. For other guys on the fire this "Atelier" was the former Demas company of Ste Etienne, firearms capital of France. Verney Carron reorganized every thing under the management of a custom gunmaker called J�rome Lanoux. Under his direction the old french company produce double rifles, shotguns and single shot break open. This custom shop is a answer to Chapuis Armes their african doubles... That's good business
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Here are two pictures of one 500 NE they made last year and one of a custom shotgun. Jorge you are a man with "taste and class"!!

Experience is a lantern, carried in our back, only lightening already walked path. (Confucius)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't encourage him. Can't find a hat to fit his head as it is. It come with the joystick and the Dress Whites........................:)

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
OK that is cool..but let's get back to the Bra thing!

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jorge,

I think even Allen wold approve of that double. Pretty sexy.

-Steve

Carpe' Scrotum
jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Marseille: Thanks and those are beautiful! I'm really looking forward to receiving mine sometime this September. I learned about VC from a friend of mine then I had an opportunity to check VCs and other comparable rifles at the Dallas Convention and the VCs were just superb!

Jeff you know me too well. Me an ego??? smile

Steve, I think you are right, Allen must be looking down with approval!

jorge

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grin...and I get a new Sharps grin Looks like we both hit some kind of lootery (misspelling intentional grin)

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
It's a disease!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Wow! First class fit and finish there. Did you go in for a fitting or two??

Last edited by 1minute; 07/01/11.

1Minute
jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I was fitted at the Dallas Safari Club convention. Fitting took about 45 minutes.

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Boys, I just sent the check, the rifle is finished and shipping this week. I should have it in my hands week of 5 Sept. jorge

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I can't wait for the photos.

Praise the Lord for full Salvation
Christ Still lives upon the throne
And I know the blood still cleansess
Deeper than the sin has gone
Lester Roloff
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Road Trip!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Excellent!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It seems that there are two words used when you are envious, and Jorge: You Suck! Looking forward to the pictures and more importantly, the stories.

When are you going to test it on what?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PieterKriel
It seems that there are two words used when you are envious, and Jorge: You Suck! Looking forward to the pictures and more importantly, the stories.

When are you going to test it on what?

grinIf ya want to put a sharp point on it Pieter, it is :JORGE, you OFFICIALLY SUCK!!! grin

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[/quote] grinIf ya want to put a sharp point on it Pieter, it is :JORGE, you OFFICIALLY SUCK!!! grin[/quote]

I was laughing so hard my yougest came in and asked why I was laughing. When I explained, he said: Oh, you are on the Hunters' Facebook.

Well said my boy.

Secondly: JORGE, you OFFICIALLY SUCK!!! grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grinWell done Pieter grin He already owns a classic grinthe new and pretty one is his. The old decrepit one is mine. grin
[Linked Image]

Now he can hunt anything,anywhere on the planet grin

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (204guy, 007FJ, 2500HD, 1minute, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 65 invisible), 3,179 guests, and 1,185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,528
Posts18,452,881
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.