-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Get over it E. Quit tryin to be a brand loyal Leupold kiss azz and actually crawl out from under your rock once in a while. I don't give a schitt how you focus it, the VX 3 sux hind tit to the Meoptas.

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by 280Ackleyrized
I don't give a schitt how you focus it, the VX 3 sux hind tit to the Meoptas.

Haha, you speak the truth. Meopta is the best deal going in optics. Wish I would have discovered them sooner.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Eremicus
Oh, I see. A VX3L is the same scope as a VX3. Even though the name is different.
You never did answer my questions of your focusing method or the fact that Leupolds test virtually as well under twilight conditions as they do in daylight.
Leupolds work fine at night or during twilight. Unless the operator does not know how to adjust them. E

Please tell us how tweaking the focus ring brings out better twilight performance. If you can focus a Meopta you can do the same for a Leupold therefore your basis for a discrepancy is invalid. Please do as others have asked and try and be at the very least objective and opened minded. Leupold doesn't build the finest/brightest optic on the planet, good value, "yes", the best, "no".

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Swampman700
A little off topic but I just bought my first Zeiss. I don't like it near as well as my Leupolds.

I would comment but I will hold my comments in reserve as to Leupolds. Do you want to sell the Zeiss?

CO School of Trades, Gunsmithing, '76
Clemson University '74
Go Tigers
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by 280Ackleyrized
Be interested to see how things look through one at last light and in pre dawn hours. But I'd bet the 4-12x50mm Meopro will keep pace without breaking a sweat. And for about half the price. Leupold could become a viable option if they weren't so full of themselves. But like other product manufacturers, they are pricing themselves out of the market.

I know you are right , but what I ordered was the 7X 56 and the 6X42 and I am confident they will do what I want here in the South at low light.Still if Swampman wants to get rid of his Zeiss put it in classified and let's see.

CO School of Trades, Gunsmithing, '76
Clemson University '74
Go Tigers
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Im sure with that 7x it will still look like noon when looking through it at midnight. I have never tried a fixed power scope before. I may have to try one some day. I tend to instead run a variable with a low end of 3 or 4 x and a high end of 12x. I just wish they made the 3-12 Meostar in a 50mm as well. The 56mm obj gets me a little farther away from the stock than I like being for consistant cheek weld.

Custom Strings/Tuning
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by Eremicus
Oh, I see. A VX3L is the same scope as a VX3. Even though the name is different.
You never did answer my questions of your focusing method or the fact that Leupolds test virtually as well under twilight conditions as they do in daylight.
Leupolds work fine at night or during twilight. Unless the operator does not know how to adjust them. E

you act like it's rocket science to focus a scope for maximum clarity. we were in the stand for hours, the more we fiddled with them, the better the meopta looked compaired to the lupy. If lupy priced closer to their scopes are worth, I'd be willing to buy one, but they don't so i wont. There are enough people out there willing to pay for a name that i don't have to put a dime down to try one out.

nock off about 40% of the price of most leupolds and thats where their price will match their performance. If they were worth every penny then they wouldnt have made the redfield line.

Loving life in the Great North West one day at a time.

sounds like its time for a new gun.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
if they made a 4 or 5 by 56 meopta i would probably buy two lol. probably only cost about 400 bucks and it could be the baddest nachtjagd scope around.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by bea175
Yes it could, but just haven't been able to make myself buy one. Back in the early 70's i was a Redfield man and would use nothing else. I made the mistake of buying a Leupold and my life changed onced i used it.

That brings back memories. My first centerfire rifle was a used Rem. 722 with a Redfield 3x9 purchased in about 1965. At the time I lived very close to the old Redfield plant in Denver, and I took it there to have the parallax adjusted. Later on a tip I tried a Leupold and, like you, became a convert. Mainly, my eyes just felt more comfortable looking through the Leupold. A bit subjective, like others have said.

I have had to use Leupold's warranty service more often that I would have liked to, but I won't belabor the point.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jagd
If lupy priced closer to their scopes are worth, I'd be willing to buy one, but they don't so i wont. There are enough people out there willing to pay for a name that i don't have to put a dime down to try one out.

nock off about 40% of the price of most leupolds and thats where their price will match their performance. If they were worth every penny then they wouldnt have made the redfield line.

That's how Leupold is able to fix stuff for free even when it's the user's fault. Swaro probably does the same thing by charging more up front than they should.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B3

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I try not to compare leupold to sworo, more to nikon. apples to apples. This thread is realising that lupy and minox might not be the same fruit either lol.

which turns the wheels raider, why isnt nikon charging so much for their warranty? which is just about matching lupy's? Just an interesting thought you brought up.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The written warranties from nearly all the manufacturers are very similar.
It is in actual practice that Leupold excels by going above and beyond the verbiage of their warranty. They routinely replace and repair product which was clearly damaged by owner abuse.
This is a superb practice if you abuse your scopes but it is surely not without significant cost largely borne by the purchaser.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Right on Nsaqam. I believe Nikon's customer service to be hit or miss, a far cry from Leupold or Swaro. Nikon would probably be close to the bottom on my list of scopes or binocs.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I buy Leupold when size & weight are at a premium. When they aren't, I'm pretty sold on Conquest. The 3-9x40mm Conquest is a shockingly good scope for $400...

Hmm... thread idea...

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I am starting to take another look at Nikon. The earlier monarchs weren't very nice in my opinion, but the new ones with long eye relief, and available do it yourself target turrets have me thinking. Not impressed with the prostaff or buckmasters though.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I find Nikon, across the board, to be some of the most overpriced for quality, optics out there. That's not to imply that they don't make some good stuff, but it's seldom a value.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you can find instances where a conquest will fit your needs, you got to give the Meopta Meopro 3-9x42 a shot. It wont disappoint.

Custom Strings/Tuning
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
To like a Buckmaster, you gotta drive the 4-12x50. One resided on my Borden 280AI for a quite a few years. No complaints, No issues. The Monarch might get a second look from me if they made a 3-12x50 instead of the 42mm. But I dont think even the Monarch has a chance beside the Meopta.

Custom Strings/Tuning
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (160user, 11point, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 54 invisible), 2,987 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,352
Posts18,468,867
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.