Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I am planning on buying a new caller this year, for coyotes. Does anyone have one, and what do you think? It looks like they have a better selection of coyote calls,compared to Foxpro. I was gonna buy the Foxpro Fury until I saw this one. Which should buy. Any in-put would be very helpful. Thanks Tom

Last edited by savage223; 07/12/11.
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Get the Fox Pro and heres why. I've had a few Fox Pros and had one WT2030 and have hunted with a Mighty Atom 21. The best part of the WT calls are the coyote vocals, however, the bad of the call itself out weighs the good. Bad: The remote on the WT doesn't have LED readouts, at all. The remote also "goes to sleep" during the stand forcing you to hit at least two buttons two stop the sound, or change the sound, etc. The vocals are excellent, BUT the vocals that Fox Pro have now are very good as well.
Without LED readout you'll have to do like so many have done and that is make a print out version of the sounds and tape them on the back of the remote, instead of looking at the LED readout and finding the sounds you want. Also, the Fox Pro LED readout shows time elapsed on stand and battery life left, neither of which can be found on the WT callers. Also, the WT has 6 volume settings, and no way to know which volume you're caller is on, again the Fox Pro LED has more like 15 volume settings and shows you which setting you're caller is playing. Might not seem like a big deal, but if your caller is 50 yards away from you and you have a coyote coming and want to play low volume, you may not be able to hear it but at least with the Fox Pro, you'll know if it's actually playing or not.
Also can download sounds onto Fox Pro callers, and add or re-arrange sounds right on your own computer to your remote. Can't do that with WT either.
The Mighty Atom that I hunted with did have excellent remote reach and again, the coyote vocals are excellent. Also, Fox Pro has got way better selection of distress sounds, not even a contest in that regard.
One other thing, Fox Pro customer service is several steps ahead of WT service. One of those things that you hope you don;t need, but when you do, it's nice to get good service.
And on edit, check and see how much the Mighty Atom weighs too, it's a tank!!

Last edited by TRnCO; 07/13/11.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
TRnCO pretty much nailed it. The remote is the deal maker in favor of the FoxPro. I was in the same position as you last year and I chose the CS-24 FoxPro. It's a great tool and the ability to program it from home is a real advantage that WT can't match. Good luck with your decision.

V
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
V
FOXPRO. For all the reasons mentioned but especially for their commitment to CS.

Curiosity killed the cat, But for a while I was a suspect.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Both are very nice callers. Comparing the two WT has better more realistic sound and more volumn with less distortion.

The remote on the FoxPro is better with a lighted display which is nice if you like to constantly change sounds.

I can't see the remote display on either without reading glasses so the lighted display isn't that big of a deal. I prefer the better sounds and volumn of the WT.

IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
WT all the way as far as sound quality and volume go. I'd go with the 21 also. I've hunted over both, and there really isn't a comparison, side by side.

Last edited by SGT26; 07/21/11.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I would go FoxPro.They are the best for the money out there IMHO.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil...
...is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by SGT26
WT all the way as far as sound quality and volume go. I'd go with the 21 also. I've hunted over both, and there really isn't a comparison, side by side.

I've owned both brands and that has been my experience also. FoxPro is a pretty good caller. Their more popular than WT because FoxPro markets and advertises their callers a LOT more than WT.

Comparing the two my success rate increased dramatically when using a WT caller vs a FoxPro. The WT sounds are much more clear and realistic. IMO the Mighty Atom 21 is the BEST electronic caller made.

Last edited by Ghostman; 07/23/11.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Which Fox Pro unit are you comparing the WT too?

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by TRnCO
Which Fox Pro unit are you comparing the WT too?

I had a FX-5 and my buddy has the new Fury

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I've had the FX3, and the FX5 and now the CS-24 and sure enough the WT is louder than both the forementioned units, and probably a little better sound, but the same can't be said about the CS-24. BUT in reality, full volume is needed very seldom, IMO. After all, we all hear how good the hearing is of a coyote, so unless you're sitting on stand for any hour waiting for the coyote to come from 1.5 miles, ya just don't need full volume on any of the units to get the job done. On the FX3 and FX5, I usually ran at volume level 22, of course with the WT units you get 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 volume setting and when using my old WT I rarely ever used the highest level.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

126 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 007FJ, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 35, 11 invisible), 1,480 guests, and 793 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,570
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.