Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 32 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 31 32
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by safariman
THAT there, is the problem. Toes shoes, no socks, and thusly a BAD odor from the resulting 'jam' stuff is not the way to win a ladies heart!

She's definitely not a foot lover, or an odour lover, and she prefers sock wearers.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Miss Lynn, if perhaps you don't get to purchase a new rod/reel setup before you get here, don't fret. We will get you properly equipped so safariman can get you into the trout - or the Muskies.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I PM'ed achildofthesky/Patty a couple of days ago and just got a reply back. She is seriously considering coming out to this event. I encouraged her and offered to allow her to use the shower in our 25ft camper, which I will offer up to the other ladies in attendance who might be camping out with us. The camper is equipped with both indoor AND an outdoor shower heads, so the NICE ladies might even get to use the INSIDE shower! smile

Looking more and more like a pretty nice event, with good participation.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
After receiving several unexpected and very pleasant PM's from Safariman /Mark and Ken, I am sold and plan on coming barring hell, high water or just falling apart to this years Quemado Campfire shindig. It will be a pleasure to put faces with handles/names and meet new folks. Meeting new people and friends is always a pleasure and I am certain this will be a great opportunity for both.

I will bring as big a passel of low and midrange loads for my 30-30's, 45-70 and 44 Mag leverguns as I can afford (ashamed to say that events of the past several years sees me living without a 44 mag revolver, embarrassing I know, but a body needs to eat and keep shelter) and a 22 bolt action and a goodly supply of 22 for those needing some for the festivities.

It would be helpful to know what was in short supply last year (from spices to TP to trashbags, whatever)and I will try mightily to bring extras so folks don't run out. Also, I will bring some Pennsylvania venison for munchies for any and all as it lasts. Do you reckon I should bring a chili kit or 2 (1 kit feeds about 8 or so decent portions and if I say so it is a very decent recipe, not champion stuff for the conneseur but Quite nice and easy to assemble). If it is over kill let me know as I hate food to waste and I am a light eater. I don't have the means to cook a large pot afield or store after after lunch/dinner.

If there is libation universally enjoyed for apres hours that ran short last year, please let me know I'd be happy to bring a case or 2 for the coolers. Not much of a beer drinker myself outside of Oktoberfest style and Guiness I am at a loss for what is the going tastes of yinz'all, and am generally a single malt or Evan williams and OJ (please don't hate me for that concoction, give it a try, I'd suggest a no less than 4-1 ratio oj to whitsey) but I am into it. Looking forward to good conversation and tales of derring do and life's travels from all.

As I will be power driving to the event from NW AArghkansas, are their provision palaces or gas stations in the general area or better I drag in couple jerry cans of gas and all provisions prior to turning off I-40 for those that may need it for toys and gennies? Tool kit, first aid and cleaning supplies will be brought there as well.

I'd really like to sincerely thank all that took the time to invite me and appreciate the chance to meet yinz'all.

Be safe, enjoy the weekend and may the creator see fit to keep all safe an comfortable.

Patty

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great news for all, Patty! Especailly you, I think.

PS can you bring the bobcat in your avatar? Wifey of mine LOVES cats of all kinds! smile

Last edited by safariman; 03/02/12.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
achildofthesky,

This is more than excellent news, I am so looking forward to meeting you !!!!

This is going to be a great time for all smile

Lynn

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Patty, I am looking forward to meeting you in July, as are others, and sure hope it all works out. For now, I suggest focus on the best way to get yourself here in good shape. There are enough folks much closer to the scene to deal with most necessities, but a small nicety here and there is good.

As time for the gathering draws nigh, we will be getting rather organized and any "needs" will pop up here - for all to consider and help where possible. Just stay well, and stay tuned.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Patty, I look forward to meeting you as well. smile

It might be good to count heads and plan the accommodations. Whatever beds are currently available please don't hold one for me, save for ladies or families. I've no problem reserving a motel room...or throwing an air mattress in the bed of the truck, either, but I will eventually want a shower to maintain a veneer of civility grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Patty, I look forward to meeting you as well. smile

It might be good to count heads and plan the accommodations. Whatever beds are currently available please don't hold one for me, save for ladies or families. I've no problem reserving a motel room...or throwing an air mattress in the bed of the truck, either, but I will eventually want a shower to maintain a veneer of civility grin

I'm looking forward to this!

Patty, I'm also glad to hear you're going to make it!

tex_n_cal, I was thinking of renting a room at the Largo Motel for folks to use for showers, or if they can't stand the snoring... grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good thoughts guys - we will do a hard count in late June, and for overall cleaning, I suppose there always is space for a dip in the lake.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by CCCC
Good thoughts guys - we will do a hard count in late June, and for overall cleaning, I suppose there always is space for a dip in the lake.

Yeah, but there will be fewer cameras in the motel room! grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hotels close?

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Largo is right in Quemado.
If my wife and kids are coming we will be getting a room there.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tom gonna do my damndest to be there....

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Ya'll have me digging through through my overloaded powder, primer and piles of brass and other stuff to peddle locally to get there. Sounding better each day.

Thank you kindly for something to look forward to and to the warm invite. I look forward to putting faces with names/handles and having some fun for a long over due change. I may not have attained the exalted turd like status as of many but am house trained and pretty civilized and will bring as much ammo and vittles and misc. stuff as I can dig out of the larder and afford to even the card and share with any that run short of this and that.

Should be freebies to whoever on some oddball brass (first come, first to be served) and I will bring at least 1 chili kit for your judgement along should it be deemed necessary more chili is needed with a few packages of Pennsylvania Venison for appetizers for any interested to snarble on. Of course my shootin irons are available for any interested in Leverguns.

I ain't rich, but ain't cheap either. Again to all, thanks for the warm invite, sphit has been pretty crappy in the past few long whiles and I reckon this may help sort the mind, spirit and best of all make a friend or better yet many more than just a few. Mebbe the creative spirit saw a need for me to get my self up and out or what ever, but I am looking forward to it.

Will try to remember a few memorable pix from the past for story tellin.... Being Irish I do blather on sometimes (ok, more than a little) about this and that, especially apres shooting times with a dram or more onboard.

Be safe all and heres hoping the balance of the weekend to all and those held dear and close for the weekend if a fine one indeed.

Patty

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Keith sounds good to me buddy.
Careful though to all the folks that haven't been before... the folks you'll meet can be habit forming. Its truly a great group of people, and its a pleasure to meet up everytime we do.
Looking forward to meeting a lot of new faces this time around too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
eh76 - the motel Tom mentions in Quemado is approximately 17 or 18 miles from the lake where we gathered last year - about 14 miles south on NM32 and 3 or 4 miles roughly east on the road in to the lake. All paved - about 20 minute drive.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
...and its a beautiful drive especially in the morning.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
OK, wifey is asking for her vacation days, is it still set for July 14-15?

Also, in looking on the 'net, there are several campgounds at Quemedo Lake, we need to know which one's you guys will be using as the outdoor activities base so that we can reserve and or set up there and be in the middle of everything as wel as make our camp trailer avaialble for them that need it for indoor toilet, shower etc.

Please reply to this or via PM as soon as possible so that Sherri gets the right days off and we reserve the right spot.

Outside of health problems, we are COMING! WooHOO!! Motorcycles, Rokon, handguns and the mule kickin Rigby smile

Would love to have an ORV legal REALLY steep hill close by for folks to try the Rokon with. It is a slow, but amazingly capable climber and a HOOT to ride and goof off with.

MARK

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
PS if it is the weekend prior to that, 8[9 folks could use thier paid vacation day of July 4th for part of thier travelling days, but if everyone has 14/15 dialed in, we will make that work.

Page 13 of 32 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 31 32

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

658 members (160user, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1973cb450, 71 invisible), 2,928 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,263
Posts18,467,132
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.