Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 24 of 32 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 31 32
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Come see for yourself!

Less than 50 days until. I was thinking that a new thread letting us first timers know what we need to bring for the group, and maybe some ideas for our personal comfort. Will we be eating as a group some or will everybody be on their own? If it is a group feed, I can bring things, if I know what will be needed. New thread or Hijack this one? miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We have usually done community meals for our get togethers. I think everyone has usually brought drinks for themselves, and some to share. I always try bring bring a case of bottled water too, and its a good idea for everyone to do the same.
I will be putting on pulled pork for Saturday nights dinner. I'll bring two shoulders worth of meat that should be plenty and then some. I'll have bbq sauce as well. If someone wants to do buns and chips that would be awesome.
I was also considering making a pot of green chili pork, but was going to hold off on committing to that until we had a handle on what all was being brought by folks.

Another thing that came to mind for me was that without KRP's company we will be missing a couple of vital things(other than our good friend). We will likely need a grill of some sort. I have a a good grill that I can ccertainly bring, but its a charcoal deal. If fire restrictions are in effect we would need a gas one. So if somebody has a small to medium sized gas grill that they could tote along that would be excellent. Like I said I think that will mostly depend on the when the rains come.
Also we will likely need a campstove. I know a number of folks are bring camp trailers so that might not even be an issue at all then, but I wanted to put it out there.

{I had go back to edit this a tad it wouldn't all show up on Kidle Fire's touch screen}

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a a good grill but its charcoal deal. If fire restrictions are in effect we would need a gas one

I do have a gas grill, if it still works. It has not been used in a long time. I can do buns and chips, no problem, and could bring some fresh frozen corn on the cob and a gas fish cooker to cook it in, if it will be wanted. I will check out the grill. miles

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good thoughts, guys. Once we establish a list of "for sure" attendees and arrive at a total number, we will start rounding up the necessities and planning overall food/equipment issues. It seems to work out well because folks are so generous and helpful in attitude.

Only because I am near the scene and should have a grip on any forest (fire) restrictions, I volunteer to start the final info thread and get the finalities underway. Will start that about 30 days out and we will wrap up final about a week or so ahead once we (I hope) start getting the needed rainfall.

Once we call for the final "for sure", we will then try to do all communication through a group PM so as to keep personal and travel details from being overly broadcast.

Tom, thanks for the pulled pork for the Sat evening meal - guys, his pork is sooooo good - and we will get the fixins gathered around that. Some others tend to do the main part of a breakfast or evening meal, and we will fill those in the same way. For sure, I will do the main part of one of those.

Yes, all should try to bring their own beverages and some extra for the group - cooled, if posssible - this seems to help the overall good. As for needed cooking equipment - we will make certain we have that nailed once we know the specific site and any fire restrictions. It will work out fine. Those who drive/tow in an RV type can really be helpful in the cooking dept.

Looking forward.

Last edited by CCCC; 05/27/12.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
A
A
Please help me with this. It's hard to believe, but I can't find any videos of how to properly clean and lube my new Dillon XL 650 reloading machine! Can you send this question out and hopefully someone can help with at least some pics, but hopefully a video. What brand of grease do you recommend, etc. Thank you very much!

Angus

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hello Angus. I do not own a Dillon and cannot help here..

You would be most likely to get the most helpful answer to your inquiry if you were to post your same message in a forum devoted to such issues. I suggest a "reloading" forum or maybe the "gun writers" forum. Best wishes.

Last edited by CCCC; 05/28/12.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I have a superfluity of tableware, so nobody needs to bring any or will have to diddle along with plastic forks and spoons. Got lots of paper plates, too. Also kitchen knives up the kazoo (figuratively! laugh ).

My fancy new gas stove hasn't been used since I got it six years ago, so anything that can be cooked here and hauled twenty miles won't be a problem. Also a nice slow cooker and one or two pressure cookers.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Darn! I was given a CRKT stainless super spork and was planning to use it. smile

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Permission granted! laugh

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by safariman
Interesting that you mention forearms.... I just got mine all decked out with new ink last week. Collossians 2:14 tatoo'ed on the whole inside of one and "SOLE FIDE!" on the other. Ken, I bet taht you can interpret the SOLE FIDE! for everyone. Large enough print in both cases that the underside of both forearms is now pretty well full coverage ink work. Ya'll have seen the photos of my shoulders and upper arms already scriptured up I think. When these heal up fully I may take some photos and post here, or might just wait and show them off at Quemedo.

Forearms rock! smile

Still have room for Leviticus 19:28? grin

Sycamore

Used up all the room I could have had for that one on my right forearm with Collosians 2:14 (REALLY!)

"Having CANCELLED the written code with its regulations, that was against us and stood opposed to us he took it away, nailing it to the cross"

Photos soon to follow, but those really are all over my forearms, permanently.

Did not mean to hijack this awsome thread about the great times to come so getting back on topic I can bring a table or two if needs be and plan to camp at the campgound. Is that where the grubbin will be goin down or will that be closer to Kens house?

Last edited by safariman; 05/28/12.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Loading up some .38 special rounds to bring. 150 gr. wheel weights with 3.1 gr. of Red Dot powder. Used a Lee mold and cast straight wheel weights. miles

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
safariman - good news. When you bought the princess style gown, the vendor shipped it ahead so you would not have to carry it down here. Arrived a week or so ago - sittin in a box up at Ken's place waiting for you to model it for the gang here in July. Maybe we'll build a runway for you at camp. 'Tis a nice lavender color - should go well with your tats.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Oh, heck! Was that lovely gown s'posedta be for somebody else?

Didn't fit worth a shuck, anyway � 'twas more like a convulsion than a fit.

So I sent it to Jon. Knew it wouldn't fit Joe, Ron, Gary, or Tom.

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
you sure it wasnt a bunch of mosquito netting?

AZCOUES___Border Rat Clan
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CCCC
safariman - good news. When you bought the princess style gown, the vendor shipped it ahead so you would not have to carry it down here. Arrived a week or so ago - sittin in a box up at Ken's place waiting for you to model it for the gang here in July. Maybe we'll build a runway for you at camp. 'Tis a nice lavender color - should go well with your tats.

Lavender and Tat's, now THAT is a fashion statmemnt if ever there was one! Laffin here, but if there is a gown at the event, well...... smile

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I ain't taking that picture... crazy

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Some of you probably will not be surprised to find out I wore a dress at work every day for while.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Is it still 14-15 July?

I'm going to be TDY to lovely Wichita Falls Texas for 2 weeks sometime in July. Hope it doesnt get in the way.

Jon

Lifetime member: Backcountry Hunters and Anglers & Wild Sheep Foundation
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes sir July 14th-15th
I am shooting to be up there the evening of the 13th

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Not looking good. Not certain on the dates of my TDY yet.

Lifetime member: Backcountry Hunters and Anglers & Wild Sheep Foundation
Page 24 of 32 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 31 32

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

113 members (338reddog, 4xbear, 673, 444Matt, 257robertsimp, 450yukon, 16 invisible), 1,678 guests, and 992 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,187
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.