Campfire Regular
C
When was the last time those legs saw that much light? grin

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Light? What's light. I live on the Olympic Peninsula where it rains every day. You are the one who lives in Central Oregon where the sun shines 350 days a year. grin

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
for all the people planning to fish-

non resident fees - one day- 12.00 license

4.00 habitat management fee
4.00 habitat stamp
depending wher you buy a 2.00 vendor fee

so a one day license to fish will be 21 minimum if you buy online before you go.

5 day would be 24 plus fees

you can purchase at quemado lake resturant/tackle shop

i bought mine at 12 noon on saturday it was good till 12 noon on sunday a 24 hr period.

worked out great could fish in the evening when the gun talk went over my head and then agin early in mornin when most wer still cutting the zzzz's

just passing on info for those who ar interested in trying for a musky or the big trout available
Gary

AZCOUES___Border Rat Clan
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
laugh laugh laugh

That works! Just leave the stilettos to Patty, Miss Lynn, and the other ladies, PLEASE! grin

Ed

Crikey, If I am blessed enough to make it to the gathering, I will have my Tony Lama's and a pair each of my hiking, Nike's and Chippewa flying boots. Sorry, I will leave the stilettos behind. That is all I need to do , bust an ankle or torque my poor knees worse than they are now... I can picture being unceremoniously dumped on my behind upon firing any number of large bore rifles in such foot squabs.

I am up for a catwalk side seat for a Quemado fashion show though... Also, I am first to offer my services as a judge, of decorum and general chicanery for any impromptu such event.

While I do not tote or wield a whip (handcuffs safely stashed away in a secret place), I have been accused of a possessing occasional rapier like wit and I am a self proclaimed good judge of bad whiskey and somewhat of a legend in my own mind on matters of geometry, symmetry and taste and matters of the non-sensical...

To catch up any that care to read on:

Just today returned from a overly packed sojourn (and thusly fort he moment deleted trip to central Va which may likely happen on a trip to a concert I am going to in Cincy, Oh in late summer) to SW Fl today and am most giddy at the prospect of a "power sleep" tonight after "power driving" from SW fl to NW Ar in one swoop. Wonderful what a gutload of turbo coffee can do for stamina. Now the fatigue and healthy serving of Evan Walker and OJ is beckoning me to the land of snore.

Amazing how a couple good audio books and an Ipod stuffed with my faves eats the miles by clumps of hundreds, 2-400 miles in 1 sitting. Heck after NOLA last night around IIRC 7pm EST, I listened to the better part of a 10 album compilation I had programmed for my bike rides of my favorite singer/songwriter.

The '09 CRV averaged over 28 mpg (right at to a tiny smidgeon above 30 MPG on the highway at 68-70 on cruise with the first 3 tanks supplimented with about 4 oz per tank of acetone for fuel nozzle cleaning) over 3500+ miles (measured) including the real estate tours and at a magnificent a B-day party at my dearest friend in Wings South Airpark in Naples, Punta Gorda, Ft Myers and Venice, Fl. from NW AArghkansas for any interested in such stuff.

Great WX on the trip till the return leg through Memphis (there was 1 day of on and off rain in the Punta Gorda/Charlotte County, Fl area and my profound apologies to TLee for for not stopping in, I may well return in a few months for an attempt on a deal we are considering for a slab of dirt with seawall there in the coming months and will bring extra ammo if that happens as penance for our overly burdened recent schedule) to about 60 Mi west on 40 as the rain was being horizontally as well as on the vertical plane driven hard enough that my spidey sense was searching for funnel clouds in the amazingly frequent vivid and brilliant lightening strikes over the course of more than an hour.

Racing the moon from early last evening to nearly dawn was SPECTACULAR, tearfully so, as it shown its beauty all through Louisiana, Mississippi (has anyone else noticed the absolutely intoxicating, faintly cedar tinged scent crossing into Mississippi from Louisiana on I-55 Nin late May-early June?) and then it was a fixture in my windshield between storm cells in Arkansas and after the storm finally broke before Little Rock.

One must savor such perfect drives with ones love softly slumbering alongside and wondrous sounds of joy issuing forth from such the tiny B&O ear-bob speakers so as not to disturb another's well deserved slumber, all the while being in mesmerized and completely in awe of the supreme power of Mom nature as the storms and cloud to cloud lightening build many miles in the distance...

Such a fine road trip does wonders at re-centering a slightly adrift core of being.

Best Wishes to all and Be Safe
Patty

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
And you never called, shame on you! smile smile

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Sounds like she's willing to make up for it later, though!

Glad to hear you made it back home safe and sound, Patty!

We will have a number of folks there capable of chicanery, mopery with intent to gawk, and general tomfoolery, so your abilities as an impartial judge will be greatly appreciated! grin

Glad to hear the Gathering is still on your schedule.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Guess that means I have to bring my kilt after all.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scott F
Guess that means I have to bring my kilt after all.

Just be careful what you wear under it.

There WILL be gawkers and peekers, I'm sure.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Wear under it? Why wearing something under it is out of the question blush

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
TMI!!! eek eek eek shocked

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Scott, yes, wear your kilt, sans underpinnings, and do some somersaults - Jon will wear his pink plaid shirt and aqua toe shoes - Mark will wear his lavender gauzy prom dress - and all of the above will set the avant garde Campfire style. The remainder of us will wear cameras.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
OK, you win, I'll ask the Grand Poobah for one of his leopard thongs.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Isn't The Poobah going to grace our Gathering with his presence?

Ed

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

With that.... Lets all take a moment to bow our heads and pray for calm winds during the shin dig.... grin

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
laugh laugh laugh

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM

With that.... Lets all take a moment to bow our heads and pray for calm winds during the shin dig.... grin

The word 'Fervently' seems appropriate...

Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Isn't The Poobah going to grace our Gathering with his presence?

Ed

Well, if he is I may have to make the shin'dig no matter what... wonder if I hang a bottle of Makers to a really long stick and wave it, it'll bait him in from Montana...

Kent

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
That would really be great and it would save the cost and hassle of shipping the thong back and forth.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You boys are some SICK PUPPIES! smile smile smile

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
That would really be great and it would save the cost and hassle of shipping the thong back and forth.

Scott, I don't know which thought disturbs me more,

You wearing one of Ingwe's thongs, or him taking it back after you wore it... eek

If Makers will lure The Poobah in, then I will gladly chip in.

Ed

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by T LEE
You boys are some SICK PUPPIES! smile smile smile

It is great to be a success in life! grin

Page 26 of 32 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 31 32

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 10gaugeman, 59 invisible), 2,077 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,075
Posts18,463,807
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.