Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by 6mm
I love my Schnee's boots and will purchase another pair if these Hunter model's ever wear out! Great boots and love the made in USA.

Well, not entirely. When I needed to have the bottom part of my boots replaced several years ago, I asked if they were made in Bozeman. I was told "No they are not made in Bozeman. They are sourced from somewhere in the Asian rim." Maybe that has changed. Dunno. Nevertheless, great boots regardless of country of origin.

GB1

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
6mm - Thanks for the kudos!

Carbon12, you are correct, the rubber bottoms are manufactured overseas and have been since LaCrosse closed their rubber manufacturing plant in the US, this is the case for nearly all U.S. Pac manufacturer's.

The rest of the boot, from the hand-selected U.S. sourced leather hide's and solid milled brass to the custom made thinsualte liners, are cut, sewn and assembled right here in our Bozeman factory.

Thanks!

http://www.schnees.com
Customer Service available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
1-800-922-1562
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Schnees_Boots
6mm - Thanks for the kudos!

Carbon12, you are correct, the rubber bottoms are manufactured overseas and have been since LaCrosse closed their rubber manufacturing plant in the US, this is the case for nearly all U.S. Pac manufacturer's.

The rest of the boot, from the hand-selected U.S. sourced leather hide's and solid milled brass to the custom made thinsualte liners, are cut, sewn and assembled right here in our Bozeman factory.

Thanks!

Does Schnees make Thinsulate liners for LaCross? Curious because I have a set of LaCross liners that I change in when the Schnees are damp. The LaCross set are identical in every way except for the LaCross label.

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Schnee's does not make liners for LaCrosse, only for our own Pac's. I'm sure that Schnee's thinsulate liners would fit fine in a variety of models (LaCrosse or other brands), I know many people stop into our Main St. store in Bozeman to buy our Schnee's felt liners to replace their worn out Sorel liners!

1-800-922-1562
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I have been considering the unlined pack boots here in Oregon its not cold just wet. Last year I bought a pair of the Forester boots for walking the dogs and had heck of a time getting them broke in and had to send them back for a leather tongue to be sew in the heal cup area. Now they are fine my concern is with your uninsulated boots has that been fixed? I know that wearing the liners covers a lot of those issues where the rubber and leather meet? It almost seems like they need a foot liner up to your ankle to be able to protect the heals in those boots.

What is differnce if I buy a 13 inch boot than the Forester in the heal area?

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer or elk but how he hunted it.
IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Ehunter, any of our uninsulated boots can be ordered with a Heel Slip. Every individual fits into our Uninsulated boots differently, many do not notice any rubbing or catching, others find the seam to be very noticeable.

There will be no difference in the area that you are referring to whether the boot is a Forester, 10" Guide or 13" Guide, so I would recommend the heel slip at the time of ordering!

Thanks~

1-800-922-1562
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Thanks the forster is now broke in and I may hunt with them this year along with a gator.

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer or elk but how he hunted it.
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Just a reminder that we have a "Replace My Boots" contest going on over on our Schnee's Powder Horn Blog as well as our Schnee's Montana Facebook page!

We want to see photo's of your trail shredded, over worked boots for a chance to win a FREE PAIR of Schnee's brand boots (Pac Boots OR Mountain Boots)!

Sunday is the last day for photo submission. Send your photos to rob@schnees.com or upload them to this thread or our Facebook page! Visit our Blog for full details A winner will be announced next week!

Thanks~

1-800-922-1562
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Been wearing Schnees Boots for over 20 years. A bear chasing buddy has too, and He covers many miles a year.

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Rob, Is thre any reccomended way to shrink some boots? I bought a pair of Bozemans last spring and have pretty much wore them every day since. Problem being they have stretched out to the point I cant lace them tight enough to get the slop out. The main area of stretch is ahead of the laces in the wide part of the foot so lacing them tighter realy isn't helping anyway. I was thinking of adding another set of insoles, but no sure if that is reccomended? Also, with that boot, the eyelet that is halfway up the laces that sits sideways is a shoe lace eating s.o.b. I'm on my third set of laces this summer.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Rob, welcome to the fire. We've got all manner of boots and shoes around the house from Schnees, including your excellent Pacs!

Looking forward to trying the Wilderness boot. A friend has a pair and loves them.

The Granite, unfortunately, didn't work for my feet. The Primalof insulation is thin and allows the interior eyelet rivets to rub the tops of my feet. Not good.

I like that you're thinking outside the Goretex/Thinsulate/Duratherm box, but in my case it just doesn't work.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by loborojo
Rob, Is thre any reccomended way to shrink some boots? I bought a pair of Bozemans last spring and have pretty much wore them every day since. Problem being they have stretched out to the point I cant lace them tight enough to get the slop out. The main area of stretch is ahead of the laces in the wide part of the foot so lacing them tighter realy isn't helping anyway. I was thinking of adding another set of insoles, but no sure if that is reccomended? Also, with that boot, the eyelet that is halfway up the laces that sits sideways is a shoe lace eating s.o.b. I'm on my third set of laces this summer.

Unfortunately there is not a way to shrink a boot without causing problems or damage to other boot components (like the sole/midsole). Adding a spacer or volume shim would likely be your best bet, look for a completely flat insole from a company like Spenco or give us a call and I can help you find one! As far as the eyelet, a small round tool file should do the trick!

Thanks~

1-800-922-1562
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Thanks for the "welcome" Brad! Sorry to hear the Granite didn't quite work out, once we get our next shipment in we should have some Beartooth's in the Insulated version back in stock, that may be something to consider as well! How are you liking the Crispi boots so far? I have been wearing a pair for a couple years that aren't too shabby.

Thanks~

1-800-922-1562
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks Rob. Loving the Crispi's for my feet.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Hey Campfire friends! Our new Fall catalog is now available and features all of our signature Schnee's footwear and apparel as well a lot of other great products from Sitka, Badlands, Adventure Medical and more!

If you would like to receive a FREE copy, give us a call at 1-800-922-1562 or visit us online at www.schnees.comDon't forget, we also are offering FREE shipping on all orders for campfire members through August 18th (use promo code Camp24 at checkout)!

[Linked Image]

Thanks~

1-800-922-1562
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Rob,

Whatever happened to Schnees Gators? I've got a pair that I bought about 10-12 years ago now that are the best I've ever found but to my knowledge they haven't been offered in many years. I believe they're GoreTex lined and have camo fleece on the outside. Nice synthetic strap that wraps around the bottom of your sole and velcro on the front. Wish Schnees still carried them.

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Test1328, you do not know how often we hear that! Long story short, it was a small company making those for us and their production was purchased by another company. We still offer some great gaiters from Sitka and OR, and hopefully we will be able to add a quality fleece style gaiter to the mix before too long!

Thanks~

1-800-922-1562
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I gotta know...why do your imported blue jeans cost $110

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by tedthorn
I gotta know...why do your imported blue jeans cost $110

Because it's too hard to get people to pay $120 for them.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
LOL

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,883 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,346
Posts18,468,775
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.