Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
^ ^ good one - lol

yep - - - it's in the tellin that makes most jokes ,great ones - didnt think about that -- thats true about jokes

AZCOUES___Border Rat Clan
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Well that was certainly uplifting!

"You've got to be slow in a hurry." Wyatt Earp
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
You know very well that we grown-ups have to take genteel pity on the poor puerile Campfire coprophagists who suffer perpetual pangs of penile fantasies that excessive cloacal capsicum exacerbates. Can't expect 'em to know the difference between "whoa" and "woe."

grin cry grin

I personally hope to see more of that writing, in the future smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Campfire Sh�thead is right � I�m the guy whom he called a �miserable old bastard,� but I�m not the guy �who refuses to die.�

Must be I missed something.

Who's the SOB that said this?

Speaking of jokes, anything with a punchline of, "Wrecked him?!? Damn near killed him!" is funny.

Last edited by RWE; 08/09/11.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by azcoues
� it's in the tellin that makes most jokes ,great ones �

A bunch of us were enjoying a "tasting" at a winery on the Rhine. As the gaiety grew, one of our guys told the "check for bees" joke � in a much longer, much more elaborate version than the above � and the crowd roared and rolled.

The German who ran the winery didn't have enough English to "get" it, so my friend Wolf (a German who'd been educated in England � spoke English with a veddy proppa British accent) retold it in German for him. There weren't any German translations for some of the American words, which Wolf therefore had to use untranslated. Thus we who had no German could tell, at several points, just where he was in the joke that we'd just heard. Wolf's enunciaton of the American words enriched the retelling for us "colonists."

Bunches of belly laughs all around the table for the second time.

Then the winery guy roared with laughter at the end of the joke, and we all roared and rolled for the third time.

Yep, the tellin' o' the tale is its white corpuscles (irrespective of whether the audience is drunk, sober, or gettin' drunk).

And I've been sitting here thinking of three thigh-slappers in which the punch "lines" are unwritable gestures and facial expressions. They'll have to wait until we're lookin' at each other.

Remind me � (a) the North Dakotan and the fish tank, (b) the guy who made a cat into a road rug, and (c) the black gal in the "wrong" donor line.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE
Campfire Sh�thead is right � I�m the guy whom he called a �miserable old bastard,� but I�m not the guy �who refuses to die.�
� Who's the SOB that said this? �

Telling his name here now wouldn't do anybody any good. Besides, he's a deservedly appreciated Campfire member with a passel of good posts. His contempt for me and his stalking of me onto one thread after another are just minor quirks. We've never met, but I assume (and I've heard) that he's a good guy. Really.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[We've never met, but I assume (and I've heard) that he's a good guy. Really.

And so are you--really!

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks! If only the flattery were true!

Oh, by the way � meant to ask you last month at the lake � isn't mudhen an old parlor name for coot? CLEVV-ERR! grin

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

Hey, Dr. Ken. . .

We have unfinished business. I got your copy of a book autographed by one of YOUR FANS and purchased another new tome for your edification, which he also autographed.

'Shoulda been dedicated to you. It's about getting published!

See you in a couple of weeks. Hang in there unless other instructions from a higher court are received.

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

719 members (1936M71, 160user, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 163dm, 19rabbit52, 72 invisible), 3,096 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,582
Posts18,454,167
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.