Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
amx1047 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Does anyone know how/why Fred Imus (Don Imus' brother) died? All I can find is that he died in his sleep.

Thanks much - from Ft. Mill SC

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Really? That is a shame, I really enjoyed listening to him on XM radio.

Talk is cheap. It takes money to buy whiskey.
amx1047 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mudstud
He was a frequest (phone) guest on Don Imus' show too. My 81 yr old mother watches Don on Fox Business channel every morning - she loved it when Fred was on smile. Fred was on of her favorites. (I rarely had the opportunity to listen/watch....)
Kinda strange why nobody has said what he died from.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mudstud

So did I. Sad to hear that he died, when did this happen?

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I used to think he was pretty amusing when Don Imus had him on the old MSNBC TV show, and I'll bet old Don is hurting over the loss.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fred Imus dead at 69

Fred Imus Dies at Age 69
August 10, 2011 09:50 AM EDT
comments: 1

The lesser known brother of Don Imus, Fred, passed away in Tucson, Arizona, on Saturday. He was found in his trailer after he didn't report to work, and apparently died peacefully in his sleep. It's a sad day in the radio world, and especially for Imus fans.

Fred Imus was a frequent call-in guest on Don's popular radio show, delivering dry, matter-of-fact humor, and gaining his own following. He was a co-host for his own satellite radio show, "Fred's Trailer Park Bash" and spent time writing country songs.

Fred was the impetus behind his brother's success, convincing Imus, who had just been "thrown out of radio school", to bring an audition tape in to a station. Don was hired immediately, and the rest is history.

The appeal Fred Imus had was mostly from his uncanny talent of putting a down-to-earth spin on any topic of discussion. He came across as droll, gruff, uncomfortably honest, and completely unaffected by his brother's fame, or his own, for that matter.

Who hasn't sprayed coffee over themselves while listening to the dead-pan humor of Fred Imus? The banter between the brothers will be sorely missed, and to be sure, the loss cuts deep for the I-Man himself.

Fred Imus never seemed to fit into the world of celebrity, preferring to ride the range and "work on Chevys," reports the nydailynews.com. He did fit in with his brother, though, and the two not only held a mutual respect for each other, but a deep emotional connection that was reflected at the end of each call. "I love you," they said.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
amx1047 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by sse
I used to think he was pretty amusing when Don Imus had him on the old MSNBC TV show, and I'll bet old Don is hurting over the loss.
Yeah, I bet he is too. I've heard Don tell Fred, at the end of the phone conversation, "I love you". It had to be sudden and unexpected, so I feel like Don wasn't prepared for it.
I ordered some of their coffee and mugs a few years ago. Sadly, both of the mugs somehow got broken.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I ordered some of that stuff back in the late 90's in the hey-day. I also attended one of his roadtrip appearances at a movie theatre. Lot of fun.

My brother get's Fox News Channel and can still get him on TV. He used to wear one of those 'fat loser' ball caps, those were the days.

Last edited by sse; 08/11/11.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Wasn't he the mascot for "The U"?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 2500HD, 257man, 204guy, 57 invisible), 2,308 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,640
Posts18,455,347
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.