Print Thread
Hop To
S
Shadow9 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Wondering if anyone has any insight or preference to these three? Any experiences or suggestions?

I've been leaning towards the Glock, but upon handling a 232 in the store recently, fell in LOVE. Very low bore axis, .380 (controllable), blowback (fast), and Sig accuracy/reliability. However, $46/mag for only 7 shots? Plus .380ACP is borderline power...especially with 8 rounds total. However, I enjoyed the beautiful craftsmanship, and easily concealed manner of the 232.

The CZ83 I found recently, 12 vs. 7 shots/mag, but still $43/mag, and again - .380. Plus, the CZ is only a hair smaller than the G19, which boasts full 9mmP, and 15 rounds of it (cheaper mags too!).

My aversion to the G19 lies simply in "Everyone has one...", and being mass-produced, typical "sketchy" feeling. Plus, I've heard of striker/firing pin breakages, as well as other issues with Glocks...although, these can happen with ANY gun. Lastly, it kinda lacks...zazz. Although, it's a carry weapon and a tool, not a gunsafe beauty queen.

I'm a small-frame shooter, used to .40 S&W weapons, albiet they are an upper-limit on recoil for me (as far as ease of control on the weapon)

Opinions?

GB1

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Get the Glock. It's cheaper than the SIG and there's really not much difference in recoil. If you can conceal one, you can conceal the other. I work at a large gunshop/range and am a Glock armorer and I've yet to see a firing pin break. Not saying it's never happened, but it must be rare. If you want a "nicer" gun, get the SIG P239.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Shadow9

My aversion to the G19 lies simply in "Everyone has one...", and being mass-produced, typical "sketchy" feeling. Plus, I've heard of striker/firing pin breakages, as well as other issues with Glocks...although, these can happen with ANY gun. Lastly, it kinda lacks...zazz. Although, it's a carry weapon and a tool, not a gunsafe beauty queen.

That's about the stupidest reason I've ever heard to not buy a gun. I've yet to ever hear of a Glock striker breaking, trigger springs, yes, but that's a wear/maintanence part. If I could only own ONE handgun, it would be a Glock 19.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Sig P232 has perfect ergonomics. And, it can be fired single-action it you wish.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
The Sig P232 has perfect ergonomics for me. And, it can be fired single-action it you wish.
There, I fixed it for you. It also has the butt mag release, which is slow to reload. Since the OP was questioning the price of extra mags, I take it that means he wanted to carry a spare, which would slow him down.

Last edited by UPhiker; 08/14/11.
IC B2

S
Shadow9 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
UPHiker - yes. Due to it being a carry weapon, I will also be using this frequently at the range - fire most what you carry often, so you know it in and out. Thus, I'll need more than 1 or 2 mags. Also my reason for liking 9mmP, as .380 last I checked is more buck for less bang...

Knee - Agreed, I worded that poorly - my intention was that since Glock 19's are EVERYWHERE, and in my experience the most mass-produced items typically suffer some degree of QC setback due to high-production rates, it made me a little hesitant. However, being very popular, you hear of as many success stories as failures.

A better way to put this entire question - is there any decent reason one should buy a Sig P232 over a Glock 19? Especially for the $150 price difference?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Shadow9
A better way to put this entire question - is there any decent reason one should buy a Sig P232 over a Glock 19? Especially for the $150 price difference?

If you want a smaller, thinner, slightly more concealable pistol that also has an exposed hammer, then choose the P232.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Buy the Glock. A carry gun is just that. A gun to be carried always.

I am tough on a carry gun. Today I was in the pool with my little boy. My glock was sitting on the side of the pool as my little boy was splashing and squirting water with a super soaker. He soaked my gun but who cares. The worse thing that could happen is the sights will rust.

Think about the times that you will slide the pistol between or under the seats or placed somewhere other than a holster. It will get bumped and knocked around alot. I have found that if you have a "nice" carry gun it won't be long until it will get left behind because you don't want to "hurt" it.

Dink

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Please forgive me....last week I agreed with JeffO and today I'm going to say: of the two I would get the Glock whistle .

If the ergos work for you (they don't for me) go with it. I went with a S&W M&P Compact in .357 Sig becaue the Glocks don't work for me. Same/same as far as a down and dirty, don't care if it gets scratched/soaked/muddy carry gun.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I don't currently own a Glock, but, of the guns you mention, I would take the Glock anyday. As far as I'm concerned the mid-frame .380 is obsolete. The new breed of compact 9mm's has overtaken it and unless you need the smallest gun possible, there is no reason to choose a .380. Exceptions made, of course, for old Colts and the PPK grin The exception is made because cool is a very good reason indeed. cool

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, 35, 10Glocks, 14idaho, 6mmbrfan, 6 invisible), 1,593 guests, and 737 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,557
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.