Hop To
Page 10 of 30 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 29 30
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Originally Posted by Kimpek
Wow this place is exciting! After reading this it is apparent that Sean is more screwed up than anyone else on this thread and I feel sorry for those people that have to deal with him!

I'll take the 4 dozen or so here that've met me, and their thoughts, over your guesses, any day.

Still doesn't change splat's options, though, does it?

As per usual, folks just don't seem to want to look at facts.

He has, exactly, two choices...other than whining, that is.

For what it's worth I don't see your 4 dozen friends here backing you up, You need to be honest....your here to make points with art for defending him and going after Splattermatic, you keep saying he needs to grow a set of balls and sue or shutup, when your the one who should grow a set and tell your buddy to just return the property , you seem to think that the "Fire" is your castle and your the king ,the way you go around trashing people because you disagree with them, if anyone has a problem with whining it's you.....no grow a set and quit acting like a chick!

GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by splattermatic
Why am I a prick ? Splain that one to me.

For starting this stupid thread.
The man wronged you. Starting a stupid thread hiding behind usernames to call out someone who has no reason to be intimidated; has shown himself to be dishonest; expecting some sort of result is stupid. If you want your property back, take what evidence you have and give it to the right people.

You'll either win, or you'll lose, but you won't sound like a schoolboy at recess.

Regardless art's reputation here at the fire, if he has your property and you've requested its return and he's refusing, he's dishonest. That he can joke about it depicts a lack of character that I can't believe anyone would defend. Still, you can start a thousand threads like this and it won't result in the return of your property. Take legal action, or hunt him up.

Dan

Last edited by Dan_Chamberlain; 08/17/11.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by Dan_Chamberlain
Why am I a prick ? Splain that one to me.

For starting this stupid thread.
The man wronged you. Starting a stupid thread hiding behind usernames to call out someone who has no reason to be intimidated; has shown himself to be dishonest; expecting some sort of result is stupid. If you want your property back, take what evidence you have and give it to the right people.

You'll either win, or you'll lose, but you won't sound like a schoolboy at recess.

Regardless art's reputation here at the fire, if he has your property and you've requested its return and he's refusing, he's dishonest. That he can joke about it depicts a lack of character that I can't believe anyone would defend. Still, you can start a thousand threads like this and it won't result in the return of your property. Take legal action, or hunt him up.

Dan

I disagree art deserves to be called out on an issue as this, he could stop it at any time but chooses not to!

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Think of the logistics of the situation though. Splattermatic will have to file court papers in another state. I beleive, he will likely have to travel to that state for the court hearing. He will most likely win, unless there are hidden details. Chances are he will be the only one who shows up in court. The win will get him a settlement, which is just as hard to collect as the situation he is in right now.

Pressure here might be enough to get the return of his rightful property. It would be worth the try. I would also be filing papers.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Aint gonna take sides in this battle but if someone had my property and wouldnt return it, I would go ballistic.

On the other hand I would have chosen to take my matters in a different course than online.

Trying to stay in the middle here.... grin

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
gay my dick calvin.

Dude...that does sound pretty gay. Just sayin'.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Oakster
Think of the logistics of the situation though. Splattermatic will have to file court papers in another state. I beleive, he will likely have to travel to that state for the court hearing. He will most likely win, unless there are hidden details. Chances are he will be the only one who shows up in court. The win will get him a settlement, which is just as hard to collect as the situation he is in right now.

Pressure here might be enough to get the return of his rightful property. It would be worth the try. I would also be filing papers.

If I were Splattermatic I'd try law enforcement actions before trying the courts. You often can't get any traction with the law enforcement approach, but if you do get action it will work well.

Was the Post Office used for any part of this transaction? Involving the Postal Inspectors to investigate this fraud brings a lot of teeth to bear.

If you are in different states you might try acting through Sitka's state's Attorney General's office. They will take a complaint, whether or not they will investigate and prosecute it will depend on their budget.

If it is an interstate transaction, an inquiry to Splattermatic's local FBI office is also worth a try. They really don't like fraud, but they too will have budgetary restrictions on what they can bother themselves with. If his local office can't help, he should inquire of Sitka's local FBI office.

Since the value of this property might amount to Grand Theft, there is a fair chance of a law enforcement solution.

I hate bullys!

Last edited by GunReader; 08/17/11.

National Rifle Association - Patron Member
National Muzzleloading Rifle Association - Life Member and 1 of 1000
Illinois State Rifle Association - Life Member
Carlinville Rifle & Pistol Club
~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Seriously? You think pressure on an internet forum is going to pressure him enough to ship his crap back to him? Fact of the matter is, this thing should have stayed private, between 2 men but someone decided that wasn't the way it wanted it handled.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
For Pete's sake,...send the stuff.

You're better than this, Art.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I know Splatt from way back on the Falfiles,..done business with him.

He's a regular kinda Joe.

I've seen Sitka around here enough to know that he's a good guy too.

But this long distance thing has caused a tribulation for them.

I'll bet my bottom dollar if both of them could just sit down face to face for 5 minutes, this would all go away and they'd end up being buddies.

But whatever,..Art needs to send his stuff back in whatever condition it's in for whatever reason.

Knowing Splatt like I do,..that would most definitely be the end of it forever.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A used car salesman,who was a friend of mine,said:

You have to screw your friends ; your enemies and strangers watch you too close.

Art Peck has probably lost the opportunity to screw a few more "friends" as a result of this thread.Splatter' accomplished that much already.

Sounds like the "payment" barrel blank may have done been "spent".

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You keep mentioning Splat's two options but why haven't you mentioned Art's options?

It's not a one-sided deal.

Art's easiest option is pretty simple. Box up Splat's property and send it back. At this point there's no need to complete the work. Splat had to buy a new stock so that he could hunt with his rifle this year.

OTOH, maybe it's better for Splat if Art doesn't send his property back. If it were me, I'd seek monetary compensation not only for the items that have not been returned but also punitive damages equal to the cost of the replacement stock. Instead of hassling with boxing everything up Art can keep it and just put a check in an envelope and mail it. Easy peasy.

Like Art always says, I'm just guessing on matters in which I have no experience. I've never let a little thing like that stop me from speaking my mind though.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr

Seriously? You think pressure on an internet forum is going to pressure him enough to ship his crap back to him? Fact of the matter is, this thing should have stayed private, between 2 men but someone decided that wasn't the way it wanted it handled.

Fact of the matter is art should have completed the deal in a timely fashion "17 months is not a timeley fashion" or sent the parts back to the owner,but he chooses to cause himself all this grief, not a smart man in my book!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Really hate to side with Sean, I mean the prick should give the stuff back. But its way past time to sue the azzhole. Should have just kept things quiet, paid for some hunts, bought numerous items for the trips, then cancel out at the last minute because he had no gun, then sue the [bleep] out of the prick. Make it worth your while. Its good to have this azzhole and his business out in the open, protects others. But it aint puttin anything in splatts pockets. JUST SUE THE PRICK!!

K
K
Brutal place here---state the obvious and oh well! It sure is not looking good for Art.

1. Art has something that does not belong to him and will not return it by his own written word.
2. Art�s friends that continue to attack the OP are really showing the lack of honor and character they posses as well as misguided loyalty. Will be interesting after this is over to see not only how Art but his friend Sean will be treated by the people here because now it is clear that neither can be trusted. Art if he really was their friend should have told them to stand down because all they have accomplished is making themselves look like fool�s.
3. Hopefully with all of the alternatives pointed out here and the Post Office is a very good idea to look into the OP will get his property back because at some point Art will measure what he has to gain by what he has to lose. The respect part is gone but at least he might save himself some money, time and further trouble by just sending the stuff back because once LEO and others are brought into this situation in a small town tongues will wag like a pack of hounds chasing a coon.

If all else fails don't get mad get even!

K
K
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
Originally Posted by Kimpek
Wow this place is exciting! After reading this it is apparent that Sean is more screwed up than anyone else on this thread and I feel sorry for those people that have to deal with him!

I'll take the 4 dozen or so here that've met me, and their thoughts, over your guesses, any day.

For what it's worth I don't see your 4 dozen friends here backing you up, You need to be honest....your here to make points with art for defending him and going after Splattermatic, you keep saying he needs to grow a set of balls and sue or shutup, when your the one who should grow a set and tell your buddy to just return the property , you seem to think that the "Fire" is your castle and your the king ,the way you go around trashing people because you disagree with them, if anyone has a problem with whining it's you.....no grow a set and quit acting like a chick!

I was thinking about that statement. There are some people who know it is not wise to run through a Teamsters Convention NAKED with a sign on their back that says �I�m Gay�!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You speaking from experience? For someone that has been here less than a month you sure seem to have a lot to say about this situation.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I am using the "quick response" option, this is aimed at no ONE particular poster.

I have no dog in this fight, but fer crying out loud Y'all sound like a bunch of premenstrual teeny boppers at a sleep over.

B!tching on a forum is akin to wrestling a pig in the mud. Sooner or later you must realize you are just getting muddy and smelly and the pig is the only one enjoying it.

Splatt and Co. need to take it to PM's with Art and act like grownups, that seems to be what Sean Has been saying for pages a lot more politely than I.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Sean, didn't you have a big call out on a fella who sold you Leicas a couple years back?

If I got screwed by a fella here, I'd be letting the whole world know about it and wouldn't be too concerned with who it annoyed.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Too bad they're too far apart for a good 'ol azz whippin. Sometimes that's the best answer.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Page 10 of 30 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 53 invisible), 2,280 guests, and 1,154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,609
Posts18,454,873
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.