Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
MADMAX Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I just purchased a nice EGW Picatinny base. Now I need some solid 1" rings. Right now I am split between the two. Any advice is much appreciated.

GB1

MADMAX Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I should state that this will be mounted on a 700 in .270

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Leupold

WildidontrustburrisAlaska ��2002-2011

Es ist nichts schrecklicher als eine t�tige Unwissenheit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Burris Signature Zee.

Nsaidontlikeleupoldqam

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Is this going on a tactical rifle or what?
byouguysarephuckinfunnysa

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Oops, I see it is for a 270 so it probably isn't a tactical model. I've got these on my 300wsm and they go on the picatinny base:

[Linked Image]

Burris xtreme tactical rings. They are as solid as anything you can get and work great on the picatinny rail.

Here's another pic, they are pretty beefy rings:
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
PRWs

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
leupold, signaturs, and warnes are all rings i would put in the "solid" selection.

I run warnes and burris on a few rifles and have shot a few with the prw's. No problems. The warnes definately appear to be the beefiest.

Go with whatever you think will look best on the rig. You have to be happy with it, not us.

Loving life in the Great North West one day at a time.

sounds like its time for a new gun.
L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Burris signature zee

FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jagd
leupold, signaturs, and warnes are all rings i would put in the "solid" selection.

I run warnes and burris on a few rifles and have shot a few with the prw's. No problems. The warnes definately appear to be the beefiest.

Go with whatever you think will look best on the rig. You have to be happy with it, not us.

I agree with you.
I will say form a couple times lapping Warne rings and seeing how much they needed to get a good percentage of contact I no longer use them unless better options aren't available.
I like their steel bases for Weaver type applications.

Burris Zee rings are great but ugly,IMO. I don't like the looks of the long exposed screw but they certainly work well.

PRW's,IME, have had very good tolerances, hold fast, haven't marked up scopes even though the top strap needs a bit of snap to get over the scope tube, and look good.

Weaver type rings , though they work fine, have a loose fit in the slot in Picatinny bases. I always make sure both rings are slid forward against the front of the slot before final tightening.

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by FVA
Burris Zee rings are great but ugly,IMO. I don't like the looks of the long exposed screw but they certainly work well.

PRW's,IME, have had very good tolerances, hold fast, haven't marked up scopes even though the top strap needs a bit of snap to get over the scope tube, and look good.

Weaver type rings , though they work fine, have a loose fit in the slot in Picatinny bases. I always make sure both rings are slid forward against the front of the slot before final tightening.

+1. to further prevent the PRW's from marking the scope when snapping the top ring half on, I place a piece of folded printer paper inside the ring half and then snap 'em over. There's enough slack to then remove the paper. I've never marked a scope with the PRW/QRW rings using this technique.

MADMAX Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Thanks for the opinions guys, sounds like I can't go wrong with either.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I've got a couple of sets of both the Leupold rings and the Burris Signature Zee rings, and while I like the Leupold rings just fine, I find the Burris Signature Zee's to be much superior. They eliminate the need for lapping, don't leave rings marks, and are very durable. I just can't say enough good about them. They are my favorite rings out there if you are trying to stay under $100.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by nsaqam
Burris Signature Zee.

Nsaidontlikeleupoldqam

That costs ya $1

Wildimseriousaboutthe��andcanenforceitbutisettleforabuckAlaska ��2002-2011

PS...

Is this going on a tactical rifle or what?
byouguysarephuckinfunnysa

You too laugh smile

Last edited by Wildalaska; 08/26/11.

Es ist nichts schrecklicher als eine t�tige Unwissenheit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
burris are ok, they use the screw as the cross bar, the leupolds and warnes use a machined piece of metal. I like the machined metal the best. I also like warnes and nightforce ultralights for that matter.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

436 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 48 invisible), 2,989 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,569
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.