I have a 16 guage Bernardelli Italia made in the 1930s that I was able to import back in the late 1960s after having used it in Europe (the "former Yugoslavia"). One of my favorite guns to use when hunting over a pointer. But if you have never hunted with a hammer gun, you need to ask yourself "Why do I want a hammer gun?" It is very different from a hammerless gun with a safety catch, and can be very slow when you are getting used to it. Fine over a pointer, not so fine when hunting with a flushing dog or alone.

Look for a used Husky and be prepared to have at least one barrel rechoked or tubes fitted. Most are choked really tight. Simson Ltd. had a raft of them the last time I looked. Most also need short European shells, so find one with American length chambers if you are planning on shooting it a lot.

Partly because of the Euro versus dollar issue, Italian hammer doubles, never cheap, are sky high right now. I'm going to the Fausti factory in a couple of weeks, and will probably just be able to drool....not order.

Was Mike Armstrong. Got logged off; couldn't log back on. RE-registered my old call sign, Mesa.
FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong