Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
OP Offline
S
On Saturday I went to purchase a new Polaris ATV. I had the deal negotiated to my satisfaction and was ready to finalize it when a man strolled past me and the salesman and blurted out loud "Are you really going to buy that made in Mexico crap made with mostly china parts". I was shocked, as I thought they were made in the USA. As I am all about each of us doing our part to "buy American", I decided to hold off until I researched his claim. I did not leave there with a Polaris.

It's not that I have a problem with "made in Mexico" per say, it's the fact that Polaris is moving or has moved ATV manufacturing there. As far as this American is concerned, they can just let the Mexicans purchase their ATV's!

I know GM and Ford make some cars in Mexico and thats ok only because they still employ thousands of Americans and only make a small percentage of thier products there.

To save a few bucks,I read Polaris closed down the factory and layed off over 515 American workers and now builds their ATV's in Mexico.

The CEO of Polaris recently said that the American people wouldn't care that the ATVs were made in Mexico! Well, I'm speaking up as one American who DOES CARE! Polaris will not get a single cent of my money. I have owned Polaris products in the past, but no more. I guess its Artic Cat for me!

If Artic cat and others can make there ATV's here, why can't Polaris? confused

GB1

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Same reason that GovtMotors stole taxpayer money through repayment of Union graft.

Because they can, and did.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Good for you more should follow in your steps

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I will come out and tell you that i guarentee that the atv you have looked at was not made in mexico! The reason for Polaris having a plant down south of the border is for exporting mainly to other countries where they were not able to send products before! Good Luck with your Polaris. It will be a great quality machine!

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just how many ATV's are actually made in America?

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by SirHuntsALot
On Saturday I went to purchase a new Polaris ATV. I had the deal negotiated to my satisfaction and was ready to finalize it when a man strolled past me and the salesman and blurted out loud "Are you really going to buy that made in Mexico crap made with mostly china parts". I was shocked, as I thought they were made in the USA. As I am all about each of us doing our part to "buy American", I decided to hold off until I researched his claim. I did not leave there with a Polaris.

It's not that I have a problem with "made in Mexico" per say, it's the fact that Polaris moved their whole ATV manufacturing there. As far as this American is concerned, they can just let the Mexicans purchase their ATV's!

I know GM and Ford make some cars in Mexico and thats ok only because they still employ thousands of Americans and only make a small percentage of thier products there.

To save a few bucks, Polaris closed down the factory and layed off over 550 American workers and now build all their ATV's in Mexico.

The CEO of Polaris recently said that the American people wouldn't care that the ATVs were made in Mexico! Well, I'm speaking up as one American who DOES CARE! Polaris will not get a single cent of my money. I have owned Polaris products in the past, but no more. I guess its Artic Cat for me!

You are SO WRONG.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
except the ones that aren't.

So you got all the paperwork ready before you did any research and then listened to some random dude walking through the showroom, who was probaly a Ski-doo rep?

Call the boys up in Roseau, MN and see how they're doing on the Mexican ATV's they're building in the good 'ol US of A.

Last edited by tzone; 09/12/11.

Camp is where you make it.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by bea175
Just how many ATV's are actually made in America?

Hondas are made in Timmonsville, SC, unless something has changed recently.

CO School of Trades, Gunsmithing, '76
Clemson University '74
Go Tigers
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
By brand or how many manufactures? And polaris does have 2 factories in the U.S that build atv's and other products. the other japanese makers also have factories in the U.S. Yes some components are made elsewhere but alot of the parts are made in the U.S. just as every other thing you now see in stores are made elsewhere too.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by BuschPilot
By brand or how many manufactures? And polaris does have 2 factories in the U.S that build atv's and other products. the other japanese makers also have factories in the U.S. Yes some components are made elsewhere but alot of the parts are made in the U.S. just as every other thing you now see in stores are made elsewhere too.

How would you know? whistle grin

Something clever here.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You guys respond with such conviction. Almost like you would know what you're talking about.

I'm willing to wager the OP never did look at a Polaris product.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
very trollish indeed.

guy hops on here with a bunch of wild stories, stirring the pot with a big ole spoon.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Do you know hondas are assembled in tennesee. the parts are not made in the U.S. Some parts are made in the U.S for them but very little. What kind of Vehicle do you drive.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
And who makes the ATV's for all branches of the U.S military! Its Polaris. Because they are the #1 Recreational vehicle maker in the World.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SirHuntsALot

It's not that I have a problem with "made in Mexico" per say, it's the fact that Polaris moved their whole ATV manufacturing there. As far as this American is concerned, they can just let the Mexicans purchase their ATV's!

To save a few bucks, Polaris closed down the factory and layed off over 550 American workers and now build all their ATV's in Mexico.

Yawn. The first engine you should consider starting is a danged SEARCH ENGINE.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
POLARIS ATVS Made in Mexico? So that's what those illegal immigrants have been carrying on their backs - parts for the Polasis ATV's!

I've seen "Border Wars" on TV and oberved illegals carrying bales on their backs. I thought it was illegal drugs, but now I know better.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by BuschPilot
Do you know hondas are assembled in tennesee. the parts are not made in the U.S. Some parts are made in the U.S for them but very little. What kind of Vehicle do you drive.

Aren't Honda's assembled in Marysville Ohio. I used to visit the Marysville plant on business and watched them being assembled there, as were Honda motorcycles. I know that Nilsson�s are assembled in TN.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by SKane

Yawn. The first engine you should consider starting is a danged SEARCH ENGINE.

grin

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
You golf course ball washers make more money than the course pro leads on.

Nice try though.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Somebody is right and somebody is wrong here about Polaris building their product in the US. Let's hear it? No BS, just fact.

And GM using tax dollars to save US jobs has nothing to do with where ATV's are made.

If you don't know what you are talking about and do not declare it, you are a troll.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

321 members (01Foreman400, 1lesfox, 1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 160user, 12344mag, 28 invisible), 1,870 guests, and 966 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,601
Posts18,454,644
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.