-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 42 of 71 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 70 71
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You are correct! Iphone. If the light is right you can get some impressive shots. If the light isn't the best they can still stink for sure.

www.bgoodeknives.com

NC Knifemaker
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Alright, this seems like the right place to put a picture of my new rifle, even though I started a thread on beautifying it already grin. I call this one my "elk killin machine":

Pre 64 model 70 (1954) H&H magnum receiver chambered in 338 win mag. Custom stainless barrel, Custom cerakoted midnight blue and bolt jeweled by a local Smith, 3-9x36 Swarovski Habicht, Talley lightweight lows, butler creek flip up on the objective, factory trigger, glass bedded by some guy named BSA, aluminum bottom metal, brown precision stock painted brown with red decelerator recoil pad. Rifle holds 4 in the magazine and weighs right at 8 pounds loaded and ready to go:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Shoots alright. Here are the first 2 groups I shot with this rifle after getting it all put together:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Wind was blowing that day, but I'm not making any excuses grin. Rifle functions perfectly and is ready for elk hunting in 2015!!!!! Let's see some more of your awesome model 70's!!! This is the thread for it grin

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by blgoode
You are correct! Iphone. If the light is right you can get some impressive shots. If the light isn't the best they can still stink for sure.

Thanks Brian. I thought it was an I phone. Pretty outstanding. That is a sweet rifle. I like how you have it set up..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I tried to have this rifle in the sweet spot between being light enough to not be an issue and heavier than a "light weight" setup. I don't have a decent scale but from my bathroom scale with me holding it, then weighing me it sits at 9lbs. 24" barreled 30-06 in sporter contour. 13" LOP. It's noticibly heavier than my compact featherweight but not really an issue in real world use. Now my father inlaws 12lb 80's Browning it too much weight in my opinion.

www.bgoodeknives.com

NC Knifemaker
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Just picked up this '41 30-Govt-06. She's pretty original except for a tapped rear bridge and missing front sight hood. (Where can you get those by the way?)
Anyhow she likes 150gr Interlocks just like my Supergrade '06 and this was the first three shot group she turned once sighted in. Very happy as the pre-war was the one I've always been keen on and pre 64's are super hard to come by down here.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
-Beside the Supergrade and wearing a Leupold in Redfield rings:
[Linked Image]
I like to think that maybe she came over with a 2nd Division Marine before they took on the japs during WW2 but you never know!

Last edited by FRST; 01/09/15.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by FRST
Just picked up this '41 30-Govt-06. She's pretty original except for a tapped rear bridge and missing front sight hood. (Where can you get those by the way?)
Anyhow she likes 150gr Interlocks just like my Supergrade '06 and this was the first three shot group she turned once sighted in. Very happy as the pre-war was the one I've always been keen on and pre 64's are super hard to come by down here.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Very cool all the way around. Pre 64 in New Zealand, looks awesome and shoots awesome. Those groups also need to go on the thread I started, titled "first group impressions of your new to you model 70's":

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...rst_group_impressions_of_you#Post9473041

Your SG is also a very nice rifle. Thanks for sharing...

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Alright, this seems like the right place to put a picture of my new rifle, even though I started a thread on beautifying it already grin. I call this one my "elk killin machine":

Pre 64 model 70 (1954) H&H magnum receiver chambered in 338 win mag. Custom stainless barrel, Custom cerakoted midnight blue and bolt jeweled by a local Smith, 3-9x36 Swarovski Habicht, Talley lightweight lows, butler creek flip up on the objective, factory trigger, glass bedded by some guy named BSA, aluminum bottom metal, brown precision stock painted brown with red decelerator recoil pad. Rifle holds 4 in the magazine and weighs right at 8 pounds loaded and ready to go:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Shoots alright. Here are the first 2 groups I shot with this rifle after getting it all put together:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Wind was blowing that day, but I'm not making any excuses grin. Rifle functions perfectly and is ready for elk hunting in 2015!!!!! Let's see some more of your awesome model 70's!!! This is the thread for it grin

AWESOME setup, although you need to work on that group! lol. laugh

Eric

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by FRST
-Beside the Supergrade and wearing a Leupold in Redfield rings:
[Linked Image]
I like to think that maybe she came over with a 2nd Division Marine before they took on the japs during WW2 but you never know!

Very classy, and nice shooting with those 150 gr Interlocks!!!

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Dammit, I'll have to go out tomorrow. I have some loads worked up for this rifle. We'll see what she can really do. laugh

BSA MAGA
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I really like how it came together, BSA. Really well thought out, and at 8 lbs shooting .5" groups... [clapping]. smile

Eric

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Thanks Eric. You'd like this one. I think you'll really like the other one with the wood stock too. grin

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have no doubt, BSA!! grin

I wish I had it here with me in Africa now! Could do some damage. lol.

Eric

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Ha ha.. I'll bet it would. cool

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
New guys or old guys with new Christmas presents, post some pictures of your model 70's. I don't care if they are pushfeed XTR fwt's or pre 64's. Let's see them. Open a free photobucket account and start showing off some of your nice model 70's. We aren't prejudice, just a little partial sometimes laugh. These guys know I'm partial to pre 64's, but hell, the new FN's are looking good too. Post them up!!!

BSA MAGA
TDN Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
While this is now on its way to a new home, this Classic was good to me this past Fall:

In PA:

[Linked Image]

And WY:

[Linked Image]

Last edited by tdn; 01/15/15.

"You know why nobody panic buys 30-06 ammo? ... Because men with 30-06's don't panic"
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
It made it! Looking forward to carrying on the "Legend"!

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Beautiful rifle. I'm surprised you let that one go!!!!

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Congrats tdn, nice buck!! smile

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nice looking rifle and buck TDN, and a great snag for you Sako. I really like the SS classics. They have always caught my attention!!

Reno

The time is drawing nearer for the American People to stand up for what they believe in. To stop having their rights trampled by the a$$holes in Washington D.C.
Page 42 of 71 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 70 71

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (01Foreman400, 160user, 2500HD, 204guy, 257 roberts, 257Bob, 57 invisible), 2,417 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,636
Posts18,455,269
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.