24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Some time ago, somebody here was looking for a Mac version of QuickLOAD. I couldn't find one at www.neconos.com either, so I e-mailed my friend Ed at neconos.com. He was on vacation and just got back.

There's still no version of QuickLOAD for Mac, but QuickLOAD for Windows will run on a Mac with Windows-simulator software such as "Virtual PC" or "Parallels."

Sorry to be so late getting back with an answer.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

BP-B2

M
MZ5 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Another solution is to run it through Codeweavers' CrossOver Office. Or, I suppose you could install Wine and run it direct, if you are more technically adept and willing to take some extra time and effort.

I find that QL v3.4 runs well on our MacBook under CrossOver Office Pro. There were some things that were a little odd at first (a year or two ago?), such that a person would have to click a button twice rather than once to get a calculation to run and a result to draw on-screen, but that was about it as I recall. More recent updates to the Codeweavers product have improved things, but I cannot recall whether operation is flawless at this point or not, as I am no longer using a Macintosh for my primary computer.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Cmon quickload its 2014 how about a mac version. Why wouldnt they want to increase their base.

M
MZ5 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Under 14% market share means small potential.

Crossover (from Codeweavers) is well worth the money for Mac users, and linux users alike. It lets you use the Windows versions of programs like Quicken (Win and Mac versions are totally incompatible; can't even share data correctly) and Office if you want to, and QuickLOAD runs very well on any of the 3 main PC platforms with it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I tried running QL on my mac air using crossover, and it was a trying affair. Went out and bought a cheapy windows machine to run it, instead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B2

M
MZ5 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Odd. No trouble here, even on a brand-newly-opened iMac.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would buy it if there were an Android version, or one that would run on an Ipad.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I run Windows on my mac in a window using Parallels. Quickload (and every other Windows program I've tried) works like a champ.

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then think that half of the people are stupider than that" - George Carlin
M
M
I am trying to install Quickload under Crossover on a Mac and having a devil of a time getting it to install. Anyone have any tips on how???

Thanks

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know nothing about the Mac and its idiosyncrasies, but if I recall correctly you need to be logged in as administrator on a Windows machine to install the program. Hope that helps.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

IC B3

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mddan
I am trying to install Quickload under Crossover on a Mac and having a devil of a time getting it to install. Anyone have any tips on how???

Thanks

Add me to the list -- the unhappy list regarding Crossover. frown

Although I didn't have Quickload, I futzed around with Crossover a lot during their 14 day trial (even contacting their tech support) but I finally gave up. This was a while ago though, and I do not recall which version of Crossover I had.

On the other hand, VMware Fusion worked OK for the Windows programs I tried to run on a Mac although they ran slower as expected. Note that, again, this did not include Quickload because I have not bought it. However, 'fer Christ sakes, VMware wanted more money for the software than I could buy a cheap PC and run the program flawlessly in native Windows -- so no sale.

John

M
M
I bought the full version of QuickDesign and installed in on my Mac through Codeweaver's Crossover program. It runs perfectly, at least so far. Very pleased I did not need to buy a copy of Windows or Parallels/VM Ware emulator. Crossover will not run the demo of Quickload or Quickdesign due to files they leave out to cripple it as a demo.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
86 members (308ld, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 99Ozarks, 257robertsimp, 11 invisible), 1,587 guests, and 732 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,759
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.