Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I would like to copy a Remington KS 350 mag or 35 Rem in stainless. Wouldn't mind having a 7600 in 358 Win with 20" barrel.

Ken

BP-B6

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by nyrifleman
Originally Posted by Tony
It would be a light and lean 20" barreled Mannlicher 8x57 built on a M96 Swede with a nice stick of Cal English. Low double square bridges with QR one piece rings (similar to my 280 below) and a rear peep and front cover that store in a Biesen trapdoor buttplate. Came darn close to pulling the trigger on such a build with Roger Green a bit ago. Some day it will get built.

[Linked Image]

Tony, details on your .280 man!! grin

It's built on one of 50 small ring actions Pete Grisel made before he started his work with Don Allen to lead to what became Dakota Arms. The wood is California English. The rifle was built by Roger Green as a lightweight mountain rifle for the original owner. I am the second owner. Mr. Green's work is absolutely flawless.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd like to have a nice SxS rifle in 303British.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SuperCub

A customer just had one transfer through my shop about a month ago....it was nice!

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Anything built buy Karl Kampfeld, high grade Cooper 52 in walnut /blue in 25-06. Biesen built model 70 in anything.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
my baddest custom craving is for a .25 copperhead... bought my h&r L461 .222 intending to rebarrel/rebore...

shot the donor, and am looking for another!!!

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
being older, i did have my custom made. it's almost done.
living out here in nm., hunting here and other places a 9 kb. rifle or there abouts isn't all that heavy.

mine is a benchmark built 280ai, with a fluted number 4 lilja contoured 26 inch barrel. benchmark blueprinted the action, made, chambered and test fired the barrel and sent a casing drilled and tapped for a stoney point oal gauge.
carl kampfeld did the bolt.

first stock i had made is still MIA in ak., with art peck aka sitka deer, but jim62 made me another out of english walnut and carol at ahlman's in mn., is doing the checkering.
jim did a custom foreend tip and inletted talley sling swivel studs.

it'll wear a leupold 3.5-10x40 with a b&c reticle, sitting in conetrol bases and gentry rings.

heres a few in the works pics.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by splattermatic; 10/05/11.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Aside from the aforementioned Dakota 10;

I have one pre-64 action left that will become a 7mm Rem Mag, stocked in English. I have one of the members of the ACGG in mind.

I'm also contemplating a pair of Kimber Montanas by Mark Penrod. The first will be on the 84L in .280 AI, the second on the longer 8400 action in 7mm Mashburn.

“Factio democratica delenda est"
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
God I'm boring.

I guess I'd just like to go down to the savage mfg plant and do a walk through build of a high luster blued 24" barreled 114 action in 338 WM and have it fit in a satin oil finished euro classic walnut stick of my choosing.

I'd toss a gloss black VXII 3-9 40 in a set of burris sig zee's, hang a dark brown 1" montana sling on it and go hunting.

Not exactly "custom" but they don't sell the 114 in anything "bigger" than the 300 WM so...

flame on.

:popcorn:

Something clever here.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
I counted my custom rifles and right now they are about 1/3 of my modest collection. A little over half of them I had built, but the others were used--a more affordable way to get custom rifles! Some were rifles I've wanted for a while, like my "unmatched pair" of Kilimanjaro (formerly Serengeti) rifles in 7x57 and 9.3x62, but some I didn't even know I wanted until they appeared, like the .30-40 Krag double rifle built on a Ruger Red Label frame.

Dunno why I'm still thinking about other custom rifles, but I am. A .350 Rigby would be nice....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by splattermatic
being older, i did have my custom made. it's almost done.
living out here in nm., hunting here and other places a 9 kb. rifle or there abouts isn't all that heavy.

mine is a benchmark built 280ai, with a fluted number 4 lilja contoured 26 inch barrel. benchmark blueprinted the action, made, chambered and test fired the barrel and sent a casing drilled and tapped for a stoney point oal gauge.
carl kampfeld did the bolt.

first stock i had made is still MIA in ak., with art peck aka sitka deer, but jim62 made me another out of english walnut and carol at ahlman's in mn., is doing the checkering.
jim did a custom foreend tip and inletted talley sling swivel studs.

it'll wear a leupold 3.5-10x40 with a b&c reticle, sitting in conetrol bases and gentry rings.

heres a few in the works pics.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Holy [bleep] thats nice

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I would like to build a custom Springfield sporter in 30-06 of course. A beautiful piece of English walnut and a Lyman or Redfield aperature sight.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I always have a list of rifles I want to build for myself and occasionally, I even get them built. More commonly though, they end up being "fantasy rifles" whuich are built and used only in my dreams. The advantage to a fantasy build is that it always looks better, shoots better, and carries better than the real thing. In addition, the hunts are always successful or the matches always won.
Sometimes, I even go so far as to actually build the rifle or at least start it. Here is my present list of rifles being built or which I plan to build.
1. A model 54 Winchester. This one will be a 30/06 and stocked in a fairly nice piece of black Walnut. Mauser bolt stop. Original trigger.
2. A Ruger No.1 in 30/40 Krag. I think I'll do a half-octagon barrel, 24" long. I'll use Talley rings for the Leupold 3x scope.
3. A Model 30 Remington in 280. I plan to stock this in myrtle though it's a bit on the heavy side. I'll alter the receiver to use a modified Mauser bolt stop/ ejector.
4. A Martini-Henry in 45/70
5. A 7x57 "F" class rifle. Hall action, Six stock, Benchmark barrel.
6. A 25/06 built on a MRC action. A heavy #4 contour 26" long. Scoped with a Leupold 8X Pioneer scope in Buehler mounts. Walnut stock configured to work well prone.
This is a partial list and is subject to change. I should be making significant progress by the time I'm 70. GD

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by sactoller
Originally Posted by SuperCub

A customer just had one transfer through my shop about a month ago....it was nice!

Any pics for the curious? grin

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
No pictures, but the next time he is in, I will have him bring it and I will take pictures. It is a Francaise, w/hammers!

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by JPro
I've always wanted something similar to GAP's "Rock" rifle, although I wanted to go 243 or 260. Just a funnin' rifle that would be easy to shoot and could also pull duty from a blind during deer season.

I have a #7 fluted 7mm-08 barrel on hand, so I may do something similar next year.

Did mine !!!
Surgeon
Obermeyer - rem varm contour 8.4 tw
20" w/ QD for my YHM Phantom Titanium suppressor
McM A3
Badger alloy stuff
10.5# all up...w/ great balance
Getting #'s out to 1200 yds this weekend hopefully !!

The Doctor is in !!
[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A sporterized Mauser in 7x57 is a rifle I have always wanted to build.

"Give a lazy man the toughest job, and he will find the easiest way to do it"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
What custom project did you always want to do?

I have two:

1 - Remington model 8 in .25 Remington. Color case the receiver, fire blue all the receiver screws, carbona blue everything else. Add in exhibition grade wood with simple but elegant checkering. Install a Deeley & Edge forend release on the forend to make takedown easier. Add a trap door, steel butt plate that's case hardened.

2 - Make a reproduction of W.D.M. Bell's 275 Rigby and keep it an open sight rifle rathern than ruining the classic lines with a scope.

Kimber Montana, .358 WSM

Oooh, MAMA! smile

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by antlers
A David Miller Classic custom rifle, or I'd even 'settle' for a Marksman, in .270 Weatherby Magnum.

+1

Always wanted a real nice sporter made off a 1917 enfield.

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." -Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've got a couple of builds in mind. However my wants are pretty boring compared to most here.

338-06 on a pre 64 Model 70 action, not sure on barel choice yet but bedded in a McWoody and running a 3-9x40 Conquest in Talley mounts

Stainless MKII Ruger in 30-06 bedded and free floated in a boat paddle stock. Trigger work done and new barrel (again not sure on make, I'll take the smith's advice I'm sure)

Winchester Model 71 348Win Long Tang Deluxe Restored by Turnbull.

My Marlin 1895G. I'm about half way done with it. Forearm thinned, Cowboy buttstock replaced the factory one, just need to add a grind to fit recoil pad and refinish the buttstock. All that's left smith work wise is to have the mag tube extended.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
695 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12308300, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 81 invisible), 2,741 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,637
Posts18,398,948
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.