Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
V
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
V
Ok, boredom and devcon might not mix well....

The G35 has been one of my favorites but always felt a bit slipper in my sweaty little hands so I added some gription (grip/traction) with Devcon 10110. First off I filed in the checkering with some JB weld and then modified the finger grooves and backstraps until they fit my hand the way I wanted. Then added a thin coat of Devcon and used a sea sponge to blot it and raise it up. After about two hours the Devcon was still a tiny bit soft so I smoothed the sides and backstrap so they would not eat clothing but left the frontstrap nice and sharp. While I was at it I opened the rear sight to where it needs to be for my eyes. Amazing difference in feel with under 30 minutes total of work on it, the gun just does not want to move in your hand at all. I really think the baby glocks would get the most use out of this. I have seen some of the stippling with a soldering iron and have yet to see one that really appealled to me at all. If inclined I might pick a flavor of cerakote to redo the frame but for now I will leave it as is.

Dont try to use any of the soft epoxies like JB for the final texture, they will laydown on you and loose the peaks you are trying to get.

First coat of JB
[Linked Image]
JB filled checkering after sanding.
[Linked Image]
After thin coat of Devcon
[Linked Image]
After tapping with the sea sponge.
[Linked Image]
Finished product
[Linked Image]
Sights I can actually see.
[Linked Image]

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Nice, I filled up the backstrap on mine and sanded it down to the same grip angle as a 1911. There's a Brownells tech article on how to do it.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

315 members (1lesfox, 2alphas2, 1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 160user, 12344mag, 27 invisible), 1,806 guests, and 953 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,601
Posts18,454,632
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.