Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
All Cabelas Meindls and not a bad one in the pack. Call me lucky.

][Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Soles about shot in the heels on this pair, but they have around 6 years of walking around more than a little.

[Linked Image]

I'll buy them again and try my luck.

Last edited by battue; 10/03/15.

laissez les bons temps rouler
GB1

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
BAttue mine don't have as many years on them, but i have 2 pairs. One is worn exclusively when walking on concrete and the other for hunting. The hunting pair are 4 years old and probably have 125-150 miles on them and look great. I keep mine oiled up.

The only downside is the insoles in my opinion. I crossed a creek here in NM and the insides got wet. The insoles got rock hard when dry. I went with some different insoles with no issues.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Happy with my denalis so far, hoping they hold up a few more seasons.

While we're on this subject, how do you correctly say 'Meindl'?

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have bought two pairs of the Meindl Canadas and two of the Alaskans. I have Kennetrek Hardscrabbles as well. A pair of $350 boots last me 2 seasons at best. I don't know how you guys have all these 10 year old boots!

I have had some resoled by Rocky mountain resole. I just had a pair of Danners "recrafted" as well.

The newer Cabelas boots are mere shadows of 20 years ago.
Took three pair of Kennetreks to get them right too. I rotate between the Danners and Kennetreks right now. All my Meindels neeed new soles an d rands.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
At least Cabelas Meindl's have a good warantee, Meindl's and AJ Brooks warantee is a joke

Last edited by PPosey; 10/05/15.

Location Western NC,
after alot of other places
IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Cabelas never did anything for me when my boots wore out in a year.

NRA Benefactor Member

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The hits keep on coming here.

After 3 rand failures documented previously, I used a 'back-up' pair of boots this past week in Alaska. These are "Mountain Hunters" made in Italy and sold as a $300 plus boot by Cabela's a few years ago. I wore them about 20 hours and 'stored' them at a friend's house, thinking he could use them. Turns out I ran out of boots and got them back and have been wearing the this season. I think he hiked less than 8 hours in them.They looked just the same when I got them back. Anyway, they feel ok and are pretty stout, so I'm thinking I at least have this season covered. I've used them to scout for elk and deer this summer. I don't cover unusual distances, or carry unusual loads.

After washing the AK muck off, I now have to re-glue one of the toe rands, again, as well as the usual rand failure at the ball of the foot on the outside.

Maybe, just maybe, I've learned my lesson about Cabela's hunting boots ... they should provide a bottle of Gorilla Glue.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I have both the Hoffmans and the Cabelas Meindls. No issues with either. Just put the Hoffmans to a big test this last week on a 6 day backpacking elk trip in the rainforest with about 18 hard earned miles. They did very well.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Jeff, 3M super weatherstrip adhesive (black color only) is your friend! I think you could glue two bumpers together with that stuff and tow one all the way to Maine!

NRA Benefactor Member

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
Cabelas never did anything for me when my boots wore out in a year.

I had a pair from AJ Brooks and a Cabelas branded pair both have the soles fall apart after 5+ years,,AJ Brooks and Meindl both told me tough [bleep] but in nicer words,, Cabelas looked up when I had purchased/ordered the boots from them and credited me a gift card for the full price. I promptly ordered more boots from them

Location Western NC,
IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Wow, A five year warranty!

NRA Benefactor Member

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not really I went back and found the thread.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/8212644/5

and my post

I just got the following email from Cabelas about my Meindl boots with the falling apart soles,,,
======================================
Thank you for your recent order. We appreciate your shopping at Cabela's and hope that you had an enjoyable shopping experience.
Products Ordered

1 of 81-0087 CABELA'S CANADA HUNTING BOOTS 9 1/2 D BROWN
Cancel-Discontinued
1 of 09-0136 RETURNS GIFT CERTIFICATE
Shipped-11/04/13
Total
Merchandise = $219.95
ORDER TOTAL = $219.95
Payment Types Used On This Order

Exchange Credit = $219.95
========================================

Thats a full refund on a 10+ year old pair of boots,,, and thats why I shop at Cabelas so much,,,, now the decision is either the Denali or the Perfect to replace them

I bought Denali's like them so far, Cabelas sticks by their stuff

Last edited by PPosey; 10/12/15.

Location Western NC,
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
My balls are not big enough to wear out a pair of boots for 10 years and expect them to be replaced for free.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by battue
My balls are not big enough to wear out a pair of boots for 10 years and expect them to be replaced for free.

+1.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
+2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PPosey

Thats a full refund on a 10+ year old pair of boots,,, and thats why I shop at Cabelas so much,,,,

And we're all paying for your new boots.
Enjoy them. sleep confused

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by PPosey

Thats a full refund on a 10+ year old pair of boots,,, and thats why I shop at Cabelas so much,,,,

And we're all paying for your new boots.
Enjoy them. sleep confused

Well cry me a puckin river why dont ya,,,,, cry cry

These boots were only worn for hunting an only when I was hunting up high and steep, they were tall rather stiff boots,,the leather, laces and even the insoles were in fine condition,, the foam and plastic of the soles fell apart, First I contacted Meindle to see if they could be resoled, as it was a cabelas boot, said call cabelas,,,I called cabelas and they said send them in,,, I did and they issued a refund,, I have been a cabelas customer for the last 35 years and they know this,,,, I believe I have more than paid them enough for some quality service,, when a product has a lifetime warranty that means the whole product, for the lifetime of the owner. Had the leather worn out, insoles needed replacing stitching started to go as well it would have been more understandable, but the outsoles were very inferior to the rest of the boot.

Last edited by PPosey; 10/20/15.

Location Western NC,
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Kane: Inferior soles are a well documented issue with Cabela's Meindel boots. When it happened to me the Cabela"s dork tried to explain it away by calling it "closet rot" because the boots were in such good condition otherwise. The manager of the Cabela's Footwear Division did not see it that way when I explained how pictures of my $169 Cabelas boots with the soles duct taped to the uppers and the "closet rot" email would be on the net for all to see. Posey should be commended for insisting that Cabela's stand behind their guarantee. Your attitude is why inferior products are inflicted upon we consumers. Those lousy soles should have never made it past the Cabela's Quality Control division (if there is such a thing).

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
battue: I guess some of us expect to get something in return for our hard earned dollars,

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by battue

Not overly large but really hairy,,, there get that image outa your mind,,,, wink

I started out wanting to resole the boots,,, Meindle would not even talk to me about them, flat out rude they were. They said call Cabelas, Cabelas ask me to send them in they wanted to see them, which I did, then they credited me the full purchase price with a Cabelas Gift card,,, you guys wanta try and yank my chain about taking the refund go ahead, I really doubt any of you would have returned or ignored the card,,,, I charged almost $100,000.00 on my Cabelas Visa that year building a house, I think they got their money back in spades.

Last edited by PPosey; 10/21/15.

Location Western NC,
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (007FJ, 160user, 2500HD, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 240NMC, 65 invisible), 2,337 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,652
Posts18,455,518
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.