Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SU35
Bought a pair today for $104.00 shipped.

Can't beat that deal.

Thanks huntsonora.

You sure that's even legal? whistle

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
emails sent

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
SOB... I tried this today from Drum's email link and its no good anymore... they were $204 with shipping now!!! I then tried to call and plead a case... they are closed for the weekend...

Next time I guess.

Andrew
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I see them on sale pretty often. I have saved yalls emails and will email the link next time I see them go on sale

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
For a buck o four...add me to the list.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Not that low but today a good deal at $123.47.

Discount Details X
Sale Ends Today (MT)!
With your DealFlyer coupon, you save an extra 35%:
Your price: $123.47

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
I'd like to buy a pair of Sasslongs as well, but i'm afraid to buy over the internet (ie wrong fit). Some of the reviews say that the Medium width is too narrow. I wear the LL Bean Crestas and love the fit. I wear a 10 1/2 Medium width in the Crestas. I don't suppose anyone who has tried both could give suggestions on sizing the Sasslongs....both length and width?

Last edited by elelbean; 09/17/11.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I found the width to be right on.

RLTW
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by huntsonora
I see them on sale pretty often. I have saved yalls emails and will email the link next time I see them go on sale

+ 1 huntsonora here

Thanks!

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by elelbean
I'd like to buy a pair of Sasslongs as well, but i'm afraid to buy over the internet (ie wrong fit). Some of the reviews say that the Medium width is too narrow. I wear the LL Bean Crestas and love the fit. I wear a 10 1/2 Medium width in the Crestas. I don't suppose anyone who has tried both could give suggestions on sizing the Sasslongs....both length and width?

I have three pair of Asolo's and they all fit just like they should unless I would want to wear an extra thick pair of socks, which I don't. Socks that have a sole that is too thick make me feel like I am walking on ball bearings. Just me, I suppose. I still haven't had the opportunity to give my Sasslongs a real good test but they sure feel good wearing them around home.

When you order from STP, you can always send them back. Those people are the best there is to deal with. You can order a pair or two, wear them as long as you need to and send them back if the fit isn't right.

Buy from them with confidence.

IC B3

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Anybody had a problem with the soles separating from the body?

I have a pair I bought in July, less than 100 miles, mostly in town.

They look like new except that the sole is seperating from the boot about 1/4" under each heel.

Any recommendations; keep wearing, return, repair.

Thanks.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Epishemore
Anybody had a problem with the soles separating from the body?

I have a pair I bought in July, less than 100 miles, mostly in town.

They look like new except that the sole is seperating from the boot about 1/4" under each heel.

Any recommendations; keep wearing, return, repair.

Thanks.

eek eek eek

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
If you bought 'em from Sierra, take 'em back. They will replace them.

And, no, I do not in any way work for Sierra Trading Post.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have a pair I bought three years ago for a trip to Alaska. After a month in the ANWR and another two just beating around, I was surprised at how well they were holding up. I have worn the hell out of these boots and just can't kill 'em. They still don't leak. One of the toughest boots I have owned, and I have been wearing backpacking/mountaineering boots to hunt, backpack, what ever, here in the high mountains of west central CO since I was a young man, many moons ago. For the past several years I have bought only Asolo, and all through Sierra Trading Post. They fit me just right, and I get the best deals through Sierra.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Due to the late snowmelt in our area and a nagging back problem, I wasn't able to get out of Dodge (Billings) to try out my new Sasslongs until last Monday. 3 1/2 mile trip each way in the Beartooths and then another of about the same distance Saturday. Sasslongs treated my old, tired feet way better than any other boot I have ever worn! Not that I wasn't tired and pretty well worn out when I got back home but could have been much worse.

If you don't have a pair, now is the time to give 'em a try; you wont be disappointed.

M
M
I should leave this site up on my computer more often. Apparently my wife glanced over, saw me reading this thread, and ordered a pair for me. They came in today, which is how I found out about it. Yeah, she's a keeper.

Last edited by Madnik; 10/03/11.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Madnik
I should leave this site up on my computer more often. Apparently my wife glanced over, saw me reading this thread, and ordered a pair for me. They came in today, which is how I found out about it. Yeah, she's a keeper.

Very kind and intelligent wifey, I would say. Good on her!

So now give us a "range report" soon as you get to try 'em out.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by huntsonora
Do you suppose you could add me to that list as well? PLEASE!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (1minute, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 53 invisible), 2,676 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,365
Posts18,469,021
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.