-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Anyone ever heard of The Freedom Group, a company that has been buying up all kinds of gun manufacturers including but not limited to Remington, Marlin, DPS, Dakota and Nef, as well as companies the likes of Barnes Bullets? Check out the web site freedomgroup.com

Well they are supposedly owned by a company called Cerberus Capital Management which is reputed to be owned by no other than big time liberal George Soros.

Imagine that since the anti gun lobby, of which Soros is a high commander of cannot get the job done through Congress so they buy up all the manufacturers and then shut it down. Is this possible? Our industry is being bought out right from under our noses? Soros is certainly more than well funded enough to pull off such a caper.

Any thoughts?

NRA Patron Member.
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
It is false.

This rumor keeps coming up about once a week. It has been discredited every week.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Is it the time of the week for this bullschit to pop up again?

Damn...

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Guess I have been in the dark, first time I have seen or heard about it.

NRA Patron Member.
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Cerberus Capital management website:
http://www.cerberuscapital.com/

It is a private company with not George Soros involement.

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
If you believe what you read in fw: fw: fw: emails and most of what you read in on the internet....yes you are in the dark.

Wanted: Vintage Remington or Winchester hats, patches, shirts. PM me if you have something.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jryoung
If you believe what you read in fw: fw: fw: emails and most of what you read in on the internet....yes you are in the dark.

So I guess that means what I read on this site too....

Hey I read an article, I had never heard anything about it, it sounded like it had merit to the people on this site so I asked about it. I certainly do not have time to read every thread on this or any other forum. It apparently has come up before, so what I did not read about it. How is my question about something that has been discussed any different from the dude that asks what load is a good load for my 270, 300, 308 or whatever or what bullet should I use for elk or what power scope should I use"?

I have certainly seen those threads hundreds of times, do not recall reading the sarcastic remarks on those threads. Sorry I asked.

NRA Patron Member.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, stop watching those speeches by Mayor Ed Rendell. Then you'll have more time to catch the NEXT Soros Owns Freedom Group thread -- and hammer on THAT poster.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Sorry if I came off a little terse, it just seems that this conspiracy theory email has hit the airwaves lately and is patently false and very easily confirmed as such.

I personally get riled up when false arguments and data points are presented. Especially when it is something I care deeply about and continuing to perpetuate rumors like this discredit the presenter (fellow gun owners). That's more of my own personal shortcoming though and I could have communicated better. For that, I apologise.

Wanted: Vintage Remington or Winchester hats, patches, shirts. PM me if you have something.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

Damn...

Yep, right on time.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

Damn...

I thought Wednesdays was the day for this one.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This was included in today's weekly e-mail update from the NSSF:

"DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU HEAR . . . Despite rumors to the contrary, Cerberus, the private equity firm that owns Freedom Group, a holding company that includes firearms manufacturers Remington, Marlin, Bushmaster and DPMS, is in no way tied to anti-gun activist George Soros."

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (007FJ, 17CalFan, 1minute, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1234, 58 invisible), 2,081 guests, and 1,071 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,108
Posts18,464,271
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.