-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
OP Offline
T
Other than AccuTrigger and AccuStock what are the differences between the Stevens 200 and the Savage 110's?

Big Joe:The reason you can't hear me is because you're firing your mortars at your end, and they're dropping here, on our end! No, the Krauts are not here! We're here!
GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
i don't think so would be a great start for a builder

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am not sure there are any differences on the action body or the trigger. They look just like pre accutrigger 110s far as I can tell. I cannot find a pic of the bolt head, but from the limited photos I have seen I would say nada differences. Some things cannot however be seen just from looking at photos on the net, action screw spacing for instance.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have Short actions in both and the Savages seem to have a little nicer blue.

erich

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
The metal finish is nicer on the Savages and the bluing is probably a little deeper. Internally, about the only difference I've seen is that the sear engagement is screw adjustable on the Savages and the screw is missing on the Stevens, but is easily adjusted by careful stoning.

Bring enough gun and know how to use it.

Know that it is not the knowing, nor the talking, nor the reading man, but the doing man, that at last will be found the happiest man. - Thomas Brooks (1608-1680)
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The sear engagement screw has been gone from the 110 series for quite some time.

I actually prefer the older two and three screw triggers to the AccuTrigger.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by nsaqam
The sear engagement screw has been gone from the 110 series for quite some time.

+1

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by nsaqam

Hmmm.... You are exactly right about the engagement screw being gone off the 110's for a while. I'd forgotten about that. I've worked on several older savages lately. Also like 'em better than the AccuTrigger.

And I HATE the triggers on the Edge's. Got two in the shop now I'm working on. Prolly gonna have to re-heat treat the sear engagement notch area of the trigger because of the amount of material you have to remove to clean up and slick up that surface. Been entertaining the idea that I could drill and tap one of the triggers as an experiment and install a sear engagement screw.

Bring enough gun and know how to use it.

Know that it is not the knowing, nor the talking, nor the reading man, but the doing man, that at last will be found the happiest man. - Thomas Brooks (1608-1680)
T
OP Offline
T
Thanks for all of the input folks!
What about the stocks? If I wanted to change the stock would a stock for a 110 fit?

And just maybe a trigger? Would the Timney Savage 10/110 Featherwieght work on the Stevens?

Big Joe:The reason you can't hear me is because you're firing your mortars at your end, and they're dropping here, on our end! No, the Krauts are not here! We're here!
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
If I remember Right , model 200 Stevens are the sae as savage older model 10 ( short action ) model 110 ( long action ) , bought mine from Boyds and they were drop ins with the exception of the action screws , they are shorter in the plastic stocks wood requires a little longer screw hope this helps jrh55

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Generally speaking, the Savage and Stevens actions are identical, with mostly interchanging parts.

There are several differences in replacement stocks that has nothing to do with the brand name on the action.

Depending solely on when the action was made, there are 3 different action screw hole spacings for the short actions and two different inlets to accommodate staggered magazines vs centerfeed magazines on both the long and short actions.

So, you would need to first determine what era of action you are working with to select the correct stock.

TC

It ain't all burritos and strippers my friends...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TopCat
Generally speaking, the Savage and Stevens actions are identical, with mostly interchanging parts.

There are several differences in replacement stocks that has nothing to do with the brand name on the action.

Depending solely on when the action was made, there are 3 different action screw hole spacings for the short actions and two different inlets to accommodate staggered magazines vs centerfeed magazines on both the long and short actions.

So, you would need to first determine what era of action you are working with to select the correct stock.

TC

Exactly.

Dad's got a 7-08 Steven's 200, and its the centerfeed magazine. Stocks aren't as available for this configuration, or at least they weren't a year or two ago when we were thinking of making it into a heavy varminter. Haven't checked the manufacturer's lately to see what is out there for the center feed.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
What would be a fair price for a used Stevens M200?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jericho
What would be a fair price for a used Stevens M200?

$160-$200 max.
They were selling for $179 this year at many stores.

Did I make you cry......boooo hooo, life goes on.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Saw a used one in 308 for $219.99 today.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 16penny, 17CalFan, 65 invisible), 2,351 guests, and 1,175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,222
Posts18,466,460
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.