24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
OP Offline
Selling a new Remington 700 action. It is a long action with magnum bolt face. Matte black finish. Comes with factory trigger, ADL magazine metal, follower, and trigger guard, action screws, and recoil lug.

This was bought for custom build then never used.

Asking $500

PM if interested or have any questions. Thanks for looking!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
can buy the whole gun for less than 400.00 at Academy

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by bwitty72
can buy the whole gun for less than 400.00 at Academy

Well maybe the action has been blueprinted and cerakoted???......grin.

OP Offline
Real helpful fellas, thanks for the kind replies. Little too much time on your hands I take it? Have a look at what these magnum actions were selling for on Brownell's.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=32498/Product/REMINGTON-700-RECEIVERS

Having nothing else to go on, that's what I was basing my price on. Wasn't trying to gouge anyone.

Regardless, this action is sold.

Oh, and if you can point me to where I they are selling new Remington 700 actions that have been blueprinted and cerakoted for $500, I would really appreciate it. smirk

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Maybe you should state the "specs" in the original ad. You have listed for sale a regular, matte black (who knows what), action, nothing else. The other guys were commenting on your lack of info. Nothing you stated gives it any extra value. Don't jump their schit for your incompetance.

I think, therefore I am, conservative.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Easy Jeff, Put those claws back in. Looks like he is new to the campfire.

GA precision all day long
OP Offline
First off, I didn't jump anyone's anything. I was simply (and rather light heartedly in my opinion) defending my reason for listing this action for the price I did. While I'm sure they really appreciate your heroic defense of them, if the people actually involved in this thread are offended, I apologize.

I'm pretty sure the fellow quoting me a price for a complete rifle wasn't "commenting on my lack of info". I'm guessing that was an implication that I was overpricing the action. I could be wrong here, but the other poster making the comment about it maybe being blueprinted and cerakoted, with a wink at the end, was likely a sarcastic reference to my price being too high.

Since you have chosen an unnecessarily rude method of involving yourself in this, I'd like to know what "specs" you are implying I left out?

You have listed for sale a regular, matte black (who knows what), action, nothing else.

Interesting paraphrase. Looks to me like my post clearly states that this is a Remington 700 long action with magnum size bolt face and matte black finish. It also states that it has a factory trigger, ADL magazine metal and follower, and trigger guard. It probably looks the same to anyone else who reads it, because those are the words in the post. The attached pictures are probably a good indicator of what is being sold as well.

Were there any other specs or modifications to list, I certainly would have done so. If the coating were anything other than the factory matte black, I would have said so. If I thought there was any other information at all pertinent to selling this action, I would have listed it.

Are you suggesting I should have listed all of the things that HAVEN'T been done to this action? Or all the processes the factory went through to create this action? I am sincerely interested to hear how YOU think I should have listed this action to more appropriately reflect what I was selling.

OP Offline
Thanks Onpoint. Sheesh, I'm not even sure what I did to draw his fire. I thought the little joke I threw in at the end of my post to those other guys was an indicator that I wasn't all that upset about their posts. I guess some folks just have an axe to grind. frown

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (257 mag, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 163bc, 16Racing, 1badf350, 60 invisible), 2,523 guests, and 1,320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,674
Posts18,456,096
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.