Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
That's why I have the G20 SF on my side right now.
A 6" compensated barrel for peace of mind with my hot handloads..

Adjustable sights will hit whenand where I point it
and the 10mm will put anything around here, down.

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dryflyelk
...I don't mind if it gets rained on, muddy, scratched or whatever....

If I had a Glock, I wouldn't mind it either. Also wouldn't mind it if it got dropped off a very high cliff. smirk

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I may be one of the few who likes them both. I have owned and shot and carried a Glock 23, 29, and a 1/2 dozen or so itinerations of 1911's. If Glock made some guns that were truly skinny and easy to pack I might get another. Would have to change the trigger springs out as well as I am really spoiled to a light trigger but I did not find the Glock triggers all that hard to master. Still wanting a 10mm 1911 pistol someday.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
PS BOTH video's were a hoot to watch. Thanks to both posters.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
FWIW, all those hunting Glocks have aftermarket barrels.

If I ever have a G20 again (and I may), it'll have an aftermarket barrel installed. Better velocity, better reloading capability (as in having some, vs having none), and capability to use cast bullets.

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I've tried for a couple years to find a grip on a glock that I like. So far I haven't found it.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
rkamp Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Fotis
Originally Posted by safariman
I am not a big Glock guy, either, but that video was FUN to watch! Makes me want a Colt Delta Elite or other good 1911 in 10mm.

Love my 10mm Tangfoglio!

[Linked Image]

Nice looking 10mm. I just sold my CZ-75 PCR 9mm to a friend who just had to have it. Transitioning between it, my Buck Mark and Colt DE was not a problem.

Before the CZ, I briefly owned a 3rd gen Glock 19 with night sights. The main problem was the grip angle, there was just too much of a disconnect between it and my 1911.

All my buddies in the mountains of N. CA (5) seemed to have adopted the Glock 23. Lots of 40 S&W loads available. They buy anything on sale though. The Double Tap 200gr FP hard cast at 1100 fps would make a nice woods walking load.

My DE is a source of pride, but I hate putting it on a plane or leaving it in the truck. At 51 years of age, it gets left behind if I am carrying a rifle.

That old dog Hickok45 seems to shoot anything in his hands rather well.

Lightweight, affordable, accurate, .....

Pinches Glocks!

[Linked Image]

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by bbassi
I've tried for a couple years to find a grip on a glock that I like. So far I haven't found it.

Does that include frames worked over by ROBAR, Lone Wolf, and the Glock SF series? If not, you haven't looked very hard.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by bbassi

Does that include frames worked over by ROBAR, Lone Wolf, and the Glock SF series? If not, you haven't looked very hard.

Kinda takes a Glock out of the "inexpensive" line-up, doesn't it?

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I saw a Robar Glock once - the guy had $400-$500 in grip modifications done. He was quite proud of it. whistle

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Makes me wonder why anyone would spend that kind of money on making a Glock usable, when any number of nice 1911s could be had for same - and several other comparable handguns (ie S&W M&P) could be had for less.

Sometimes cool-aid ain't cheap.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
FWIW, all those hunting Glocks have aftermarket barrels.

If I ever have a G20 again (and I may), it'll have an aftermarket barrel installed. Better velocity, better reloading capability (as in having some, vs having none), and capability to use cast bullets.

Instalation is pretty easy.
Field strip, drop in tube, re-assemble, shoot, grin!

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Here are a few glocks you could get a handle on:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Makes me wonder why anyone would spend that kind of money on making a Glock usable, when any number of nice 1911s could be had for same - and several other comparable handguns (ie S&W M&P) could be had for less.

Sometimes cool-aid ain't cheap.
To me the Glock is the ultimate low bidder gun. If I have to spend an extra 500.00 on it to make it feel right, I'd buy a different gun.

The grip angle bothers me, but I can still shoot one just fine. One of these days I'll get a G19 'cause I think it's a slick gun. But until then, I'm content to use what I have, and I don't feel inadequately armed. After all, in the 7 years that I've owned it, my personal "Roscoe" has yet to malfunction even once.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I love my Glocks but the S&W M&P feels much better in my hand and is winning me over, it feels almost as good as my 1911 but not quiet there. I just don't think the 1911 can be improved on when it comes to fitting the hand.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Of all the Glocks the G19 is my favorite too...good size and nice to carry....but its just not the gun I feel most comfortable with...but that is personal feeling...Glocks are cheap, reliable guns with a good design (most it stolen)...but for me...nothing feels better in my hands than a good 1911 or BHP...except for a womans breast that is

James Dunn

[email protected]
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Had the good fortune to attend the week long "High Risk Personel" course at Quantico.
The instructors, Marine E5s and 6s, could have used issue M9s. But to a man, they had purchased G17s with their own money.

That being said, it was 1994 and as someone somewhere said, "Glock has been outGlocked by any number of manufacturers in the interim".

Have a 17 and 19 for wife and daughter because they're easy for the casual shooter to use well. For highly concealed uses I prefer Kahr.

Pete

There is nothing made by man,
which cannot be broken by woman.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Take a Beretta 92 and a Glock 19 to the range and shoot groups.

The Beretta is much nicer and the groups are smaller.

But try to carry the pistols, and the Glock is easier.

But then a Kel-tec PF9 is even worse to shoot and even easier to carry.

This is like boats.
When you are using them, you with they were bigger.
When hauling them around, you wish they were smaller.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Having packed a G22 for over seven years daily and after shooting somewhere over five thousand rounds by conservative count through it and now owning a Smith & Wesson M&P Pro Series, the statement of Glock being "out Glocked" would seem to be true. For a plastic gun, the M&P has very quickly become a favorite handgun. I would not be going back to the Glock, especially a Gen 4 variant.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The M9 grip is just too big for my hands. Was never able to shoot one worth a schit. Used a 228 in the course.

Pete

There is nothing made by man,
which cannot be broken by woman.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (007FJ, 160user, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 54 invisible), 2,330 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,093
Posts18,464,084
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.