Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Savuti
Had the good fortune to attend the week long "High Risk Personel" course at Quantico.
The instructors, Marine E5s and 6s, could have used issue M9s. But to a man, they had purchased G17s with their own money.

That being said, it was 1994 and as someone somewhere said, "Glock has been outGlocked by any number of manufacturers in the interim".

Have a 17 and 19 for wife and daughter because they're easy for the casual shooter to use well. For highly concealed uses I prefer Kahr.

Pete

Gotta admit - as much as I am not comfortable with them, I would choose a Glock over an M9 too. Good on them.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Clarkm
...This is like boats.
When you are using them, you with they were bigger.
When hauling them around, you wish they were smaller.

Not really. Bigger than optimal is what it is. F'rinstance - the M9...too big for my hands. I can shoot a Glock better than I can an M9, any day of any week.

Same goes for boats. Too much boat for the application just drags you down and wears you out.

For those who are obsessed with bigger, though.....yep it makes sense coming from you.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by bbassi
I've tried for a couple years to find a grip on a glock that I like. So far I haven't found it.

Does that include frames worked over by ROBAR, Lone Wolf, and the Glock SF series? If not, you haven't looked very hard.

Kinda takes a Glock out of the "inexpensive" line-up, doesn't it?

Years ago Lone Wolf got $150. I did two for the price of an Acraglass kit and some sanding belts. $50-60 will give you a SWEET trigger for the DIY, and, unless you are a total klutz, you CAN DIY on a Glock. 1911 garage triggers usually produce machine guns or accidental discharges.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
OK, you guys went and did it to me, I just traded my way into a 10mm. Mine is a Colt Delta Elite, however smile

Now I need an aftermarket trigger, another holster, and some good full power 10mm ammo. That first video was just EVIL..... grinzzzz

The thread I started some weeks ago about my one handgun? This one is it.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FreeMe
I've tried for a couple years to find a grip on a glock that I like. So far I haven't found it.

Does that include frames worked over by ROBAR, Lone Wolf, and the Glock SF series? If not, you haven't looked very hard.

Kinda takes a Glock out of the "inexpensive" line-up, doesn't it?

Years ago Lone Wolf got $150. I did two for the price of an Acraglass kit and some sanding belts. $50-60 will give you a SWEET trigger for the DIY, and, unless you are a total klutz, you CAN DIY on a Glock. 1911 garage triggers usually produce machine guns or accidental discharges.

$150 plus $50...that brings the cost of a new Glock up to what - $700? What would those added costs be now?

Even a $400 1911 has a better factory trigger than a Glock. Several other non-1911 pistols have a better trigger than a Glock and fit the average hand better and are just as reliable.

Sprucing up a Glock is admission of imperfection and money down a rathole.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well.... as much as I am on your side RE Glock VS 1911, I DO have to 'spruce up' as you say my Delta Elite Colt 10mm. Trigger is not all that good.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

Nope. but in the process I found the XD and pretty much quit looking at Glocks. I just never saw the point in buying something brand new and having to modify it to get what works for me when I can buy something else and save that money. No offense to anyone else who goes the other way.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
People either love 'em or hate 'em. I usually changed trigger depending on whether the gun was for carry or target. All of my Glocks always worked and I could hit pretty well with them.

My problems always came down to size (too much bulk), esthetics (Glocks ain't pretty), and lack of manual safety.

Don't have any now, I like my 92 as my shooting carrying pistolo.

Norm -
NRA Member Since 1966
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

205 members (17CalFan, 257_X_50, 300_savage, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 31 invisible), 2,117 guests, and 1,083 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,488
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.