-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Hi guys, I have a 338 win mag stainless ruger m77 mark 2. I want to change out the black syn stock to a laminate. I'm looking for one that comes pillar or full length aluminum block bedded already. I'm trying to keep the price down a little so Accurate ino is out of the question. You guys no anywhere I can get one? Thanks.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Hi guys, I have a 338 win mag stainless ruger m77 mark 2. I want to change out the black syn stock to a laminate. I'm looking for one that comes pillar or full length aluminum block bedded already. I'm trying to keep the price down a little so Accurate ino is out of the question. You guys no anywhere I can get one? Thanks.

Hogue with the full length bedding block . Have one on my Hawkeye - great unit.
Gus

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Gus_K

Gus

As long as you are ok w/ fat, HEAVY & sticky....

David

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Gus

He wants to change from the syn to a laminate.

Pillars and bedding are very doable by oneself. Find the stock you like and go forth.

Personally, I would go with a Mcmillan.

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Canazes9

Gus

David

That they are - but impervious to whetever you can throw at them.

Personally if mcmillan made an EDGE for the Ruger I would have gone down that road.............

But the hogue is great for a a gun that is used out of the truck mostly...

Gus

IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Just keep an eye out for a Ruger Factory laminated stock. Not pillar bedded or having a bedding block but a decent stock. Bedding your action to the stock would prolly give as good or better results as pillars.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Do you guys think a boyds laminate would hold up? I had one on a 300 wby but only had the gun for a year. Would the boyds need to be bedded? Its tempting to just spend the money and go with an AI stock and be done with it. Thanks.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Do you guys think a boyds laminate would hold up? I had one on a 300 wby but only had the gun for a year. Would the boyds need to be bedded? Its tempting to just spend the money and go with an AI stock and be done with it. Thanks.

I own a batch of Rugers... I own factory laminate stocks, Hogue Rubber Stocks for them, and also Boyd's Stocks...

Each season, I have a couple of Rugers set up with the Hogue Stocks for when we really have to deal with hunting in the rain...then the Sticky Rubber stocks really shine for grip...

I also have one set up with a Boyd's laminate... I carry that one when the weather is dry. they hold up in the rain, but I prefer the sticky-ness of the Hogue... but the Boyd's will hold up just as well in the rain...

I can get into some thick brush with either and they perform well.. of course the Hogue is impervious to anything you throw at it... the Boyd's have gotten scratched up bad during several seasons... not because of a poor finish, just because I was in that rough of brush etc..

but post season, I sanded down the problem areas, stripped the stock and re applied a sealer and they were good as new...

I bought them to use, so getting them banged up is my fault, and I don't mind cleaning them up post season if that is what they need...but they hold up to a lot of abuse... and keep on chuggin'...

the Hogues, well they are rubber coated and act accordingly..

I wouldn't be without either... and yes the stocks get switched around all the time..

my Rugers also get their barrels switched to after market barrels at times...depending upon mood and season..

just took a 243 barrel off of one, and put a 204 barrel on it to go call varmints with...just borrowed the bolt out of my Ruger VT in 223 for those times...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Gus

David

AH, they arn't that bad. But I think the OP was asking for a laminated stock that is pillar bedded. I'd just use a factory ruger laminated stock and have pillars installed if it were me....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

I had to fix a Boyds lamintated stock that was severely cracked through the recoil lug area. Bedded the recoil lug area and down the barrel channel, no problems with it since....What ever you do, bed it right after you get it and make sure the barrel channel is sealed up good....

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
Just keep an eye out for a Ruger Factory laminated stock. Not pillar bedded or having a bedding block but a decent stock. Bedding your action to the stock would prolly give as good or better results as pillars.

+1

BSA MAGA
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Gus

David

AH, they arn't that bad. But I think the OP was asking for a laminated stock that is pillar bedded. I'd just use a factory ruger laminated stock and have pillars installed if it were me....

I've got a short action full bedding block Hogue sitting in my closet - I think they are! Made my rifle carry and handle like a pig. I do not like it at all.

David

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (222ND, 2003and2013, 10Glocks, 163bc, 16Racing, 1badf350, 60 invisible), 2,516 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,159
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.