Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Fotis Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Any input on the overall quality of this rifle in 223 fellas? I am just getting into this stuff so I need some help.

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Do yourself a favor and read treads/visit m4carbine.net or ar15.com before deciding on what AR to purchase.

I would pass on the DPMS.

Fotis Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
OK so without having to go through all that what is a decent make. I can not spend $2K on one now.

μολὼν λαβέ

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
how about daniel defense or a colt? there are many choices that are better.

here is a start

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub...mp;single=true&gid=5&output=html

Fotis Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
thanx

μολὼν λαβέ

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
To each his own but I like Armalite. kwg

www.762sass.com

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Fotis
Any input on the overall quality of this rifle in 223 fellas? I am just getting into this stuff so I need some help.

Nothing wrong with Rock River or Stag Arms for just a little more than a DPMS.

NRA Life Member
USPSA Life Member
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Clay
Originally Posted by Fotis

Nothing wrong with Rock River or Stag Arms for just a little more than a DPMS.

My DPMS Prairie Panther is awesome. Just took some break-in and the recommended heavier bullets for the rate of twist.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
There is nothing wrong with DPMS! You are bumping up against AR 15 snobs who probably never had a DPMS in their life but read too much internet info.I have two DPMS (LR308 and Sweet 16 .223) and both shoot lights out and I have never had a FTF.When people say you can a little more gun for a little more money what does that tell ya...."maybe the other brand aint all that much better". ASk them whats so much better and they cant tell you except I like the finish better if they can say that. If they were so much better they would demand alot higher price.God I get tired of people repeating what they hear on the net yet have no first hand experience.You can get a turd regardless of the manufacturer.Remember the parts are interchangable on the platforms so how in hell could there be that much difference?

Last edited by barnabus; 11/10/11.
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful...

Hate me cause I've ran my guns hard enough to break things and know there is a difference. Hate me cause I've had a dpms bolt catch break and dpms roll pins that you could push in by hand. Hate me cause I know why you need to stake the castle nut and do a better job staking gas keys.

Even though I never owned a Yugo, I'm pretty sure they're not Cadillacs.

In jest, AR snob.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have watched an Armalite pop apart and have some of the same issues, so just be aware that all guns are made by man, and mechanical, and thereofre you will get some that have issues.

I too own a DPMS LR-308 and I also have an el-cheapo AR as well.

BUT....if I had $2k to include some mags and optics, I would budget about $900-1100 on the gun, - $200 on the mount and mags, and the remainder on good glass. That leaavea alotta room for some great makes of gun.

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
yep your a snob! I bet I can find another dufus on the net that would say the same think about whatever you are driving now! Just sayin'

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Only problem is I don't have a factory built gun left... mine are all Frankeguns built with what I like and put together with love. wink

In all seriousness, a few weeks ago, a friend handed me a brand new dpms sportical and asked was it worth the $6something he paid for it. I looked the gun over and so I wouldn't hurt his feelings, I just said I couldn't build one for that. I could but I wouldn't, I expect more.

So ya, I'm an AR snob but dufus I ain't, I'll leave that to those who don't know any better.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (12344mag, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 1337Fungi, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 59 invisible), 3,285 guests, and 1,109 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,301
Posts18,468,064
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.