Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I usually deal with jerrys sport center, but they do not sell Kimber.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

BP-B6

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I know of none. I had to buy mine on Gunbroker. I think you have to be a Kimber dealer. Sako is the same way. I am pretty sure the minimum order from Sako is $20,000. After the newness wore off, my 3 Montana's just seemed expendable. So they are gone.I get some stuff through Jerry's or one of their outlets but their shipping is HIGH. I get most of my stuff through Zanders now as they don't charge shipping if you get over $750 worth of merchandise. $15 if the order is smaller. Jerry's shipping on handguns can be $40 for 1 handgun. They also will not ship accessories with long guns. I ordered 1 Savage rifle from them a few weeks ago and some rings. 2 packages and $28.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
None. Kimber sells direct to dealers who become authorized by placing a large order.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks guys. No wonder I can't find a distributor. I do get a Zanders flier once in a while, but have not purchased from them.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

Italian Proverb

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Why not support your local dealer? That's what the system is set up for?
That's how people get paid.That's how companies stay in business.Would you want somebody cutting a DEAL BEHIND YOUR BACK AND CLIPPING INTO YOUR PAYCHECK?
What's a couple bucks when you're getting a good product and a thanks from a shop owner?

Last edited by rifle; 11/22/11.

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rifle
That's how people get paid.That's how companies stay in business.Would you want somebody cutting a DEAL BEHIND YOUR BACK AND CLIPPING INTO YOUR PAYCHECK?
What's a couple bucks when you're getting a good product and a thanks from a shop owner?

I have an FFL. You cannot buy from a distributor without an FFL, so what are you talking about? Anymore stupid comments?

No offense, but you are off base.

dogzapper

Italian Proverb

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by rifle

maybe, like me, he has an AZZhole for a local dealer.

The only guy around here that sells kimbers is a snob that married into one of the wealthier families. The other local guys cant sell enough Kimbers to get into the program direct so they have to pay a higher price from a secondary dist.
at that price they cant turn the rifles for a high enuf profit to be competitive with online sellers.

Buy it online and pay the transfer to the FFL you like, chances are he's making more on the transfer fee than he would on the kimber.

The local guys here that have Steyr rifles want $988 new for a standard prohunter.
WTF would I buy a $1000 rifle from a local guy that I could get for $700 on gunbroker?
i dont have $300 to throw away on your delicate principals of local economics.
Fk em.
Its a system.
If they dealers wanted to sell rifles they need to promote rifles.
Thats why You even know WTF a Kimber is...
It isnt the quality of the rifle, thats for sure.
Kimber is where Kimber is because of 1 thing and 1 thing only.

FULL PAGE COLOR GLOSSY ADS.

You think a Kimber outshoots a Steyr?
No, wait...
A Tikka?
No... A SAVAGE?
Really?

America is a consumer that has to be told what to buy. If dealers wanted to sell a product they would learn about it, promote it and sell it.
Sales isnt pointing to a ticket on the trigger guard. Sales is knowing the product and being able to relay to the potential consumer the Features, Advantages and Benifits of one item over the next.
And the sad fact is that gun stores dont have salesmen they have clerks. So, they dont sell them, they sell whatever the gun rag tells the customer he needs.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
+1 Ringworm

I get sick of azzholes whine about internet sales and buying locally.

Why should I buy from a local deal when he expects me to pay for his retirement from one purchase. Same reason I don't buy from Gander Mtn even though they employ locals.

Plus the last thing I want to do is get advice from some dealers and their employees.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Selling Kimbers is a problem for the small dealers. Kimber wants an inital order of $16,500 to be a dealer. Subsequent orders must exceed $2000 per order. That in it's self isn't too bad, but then someone comes in and wants something you don't have in stock at a discount price, so you have to order 1 or 2 additional guns to fill that order. Soon you have a rack full of expensive Kimbers and a lot of money tied up, not drawing any interest, and getting cussed by customers for trying to rip them off with your prices.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

It usually comes from someone with deep pockets and I am more holy than you attitude.

Like I said, I have an FFL, and you can't buy from a distributor without one, so I don't get the buy it local chit. I sure as hell don't have the cash to become a dealer, so that is why I asked what distributors carry Kimber- hoping to get a small discount.

I guess if I had enough money to shoot a horse with stripes, I could always buy from a local dude.

dogzapper

Italian Proverb

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, you boys should learn Chinese...buy your trucks from Mexico
bitch about your taxes and the rest of the country...

Why are you guys so much against a local shop? Do you think a brick-front pops out of a damn box? A company and it's worker got paid to build it? Truck drivers got paid to deliver products.
As far as a holy attitude,yea I beleive in the Bible....
and yes,I work damn hard for my money...All you boys got a job to go to today?

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
your a communist.
I have no obligation to spend my money in an establishment that is not willing to meet my needs.
You want me to support the "mom and pop" based up on thier need for my buisness.

Please explain to me exactly what percentage of my dollar should i forfit to allow a buisness to continue based on no other reason that its proximity to me.

If i can buy X for $700 but I chose to buy it local for $1000 , whats the extra $300 for?

Thats called charity.
I give none and I dont ask for any.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I guess you must print your own money...or live on a Trust account?
you just don't get it.

as far as a communist,kiss my American ass...
My entire family is US military,some retired,some dead...

Come on America,

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr

It usually comes from someone with deep pockets and I am more holy than you attitude.

Like I said, I have an FFL, and you can't buy from a distributor without one, so I don't get the buy it local chit. I sure as hell don't have the cash to become a dealer, so that is why I asked what distributors carry Kimber- hoping to get a small discount.

I guess if I had enough money to shoot a horse with stripes, I could always buy from a local dude.

So you're an FFL but you're not a dealer? That really limits your choices of distributors to go through as many of them are no longer selling to basement bandits and other FFL holders unless they have an actual brick and mortor store front. The actual dealers are the ones keeping the companies and the distributors in business, not the guy in his basement selling cheap to his buddies. The respectable distributors are not selling to you guys so you're left with places like Jerry's that will sell to anyone with a pulse, at least until the gun makers stop selling to them.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well said...

Come on America,

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I get that for some reason you think "buy local" means "get good service/ quality/ price".

When it comes to spending my money I have 1 concern. To get the most I can for every red cent I spend.

if the local shops want my buisness they are going to have to earn it. If they cant compete in pricing they have to increase service and support.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Wow. A man asks a simple question on where to purchase a rifle. Same man gets flamed for not buying locally when we don't even know if that's a option(it isn't a option here). Then same man gets insulted for even having a ffl?....sounds like teenage girls that are fat and don't like the pretty girl cause she's pretty...lol.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Hey cabelas has some nice stuff on sale but we shouldn't buy it.....if it's no local.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
So you're an FFL but you're not a dealer?

Asshat, (no name calling), I'm not a Kimber dealer. That's all i said. Basement bandits? So, would you like to limit who the [bleep] gets an FFL and who doesn't? I am sure there is a job for you in Washington.

There are plenty of small towns and out of the way places that rely on basement bandits. How the [bleep] do you know who I sell to? How do you know if I have a shop, or not. "Basement bandits" get inspected by the ATF folks just like everyone else.

respectable distributors? Do you know who they are? I got news for you, distributors need to make money too, as long as the transaction is legal.

dogzapper

Italian Proverb

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Have you tried to get an FFL? You have to show you have a damn business. Big or small. It doesn't matter. This is America for chris sake.

So, because I don't have 17K for an initial order, I am a basement bandit?

dogzapper

Italian Proverb

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
391 members (204guy, 280shooter, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 1_deuce, 48 invisible), 2,271 guests, and 1,138 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,723
Posts18,400,590
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.