Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kaleb
Wow. A man asks a simple question on where to purchase a rifle. Same man gets flamed for not buying locally when we don't even know if that's a option(it isn't a option here). Then same man gets insulted for even having a ffl?....sounds like teenage girls that are fat and don't like the pretty girl cause she's pretty...lol.

I see you caught that!

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

BP-B6

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kaleb
Hey cabelas has some nice stuff on sale but we shouldn't buy it.....if it's no local.

Bahahahahahah

Thanks man.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

Italian Proverb

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It just seems a strange place to come to for advice on buying wholesale from a manufacturer, from someone who posses to be in the industry? Should one not know his business?
Do distributors protect their dealers? I'm betting they do,they will protect their investments as well. That's how Kimber backs up their dealer network by supporting them,so they can support their customers.It's a good product with no need to be whored out on the street..or basement.
Price is not always the most important feature of a gun.

I wonder where our bankers get their advice from? or maybe my Doctor? strange..

Ringworn..I think I can figure out why gun shops may NOT want your business....

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by rifle

Ringworn..I think I can figure out why gun shops may NOT want your business....

yeah , cause i dont back in the door w/ my panties around my ankles.

one day you may wake up and realize that not everyone has a local shop that is worth a chit, nor do we all have an income level that allows us buy regardless of the price.

So check your rolex, zebra boy. Times are tough for many of us. we cant just afford to pay mom and pop 20% over so they can have hot coffee and a current copy of African Hunter on the teak coffee tables when we come to warm our AMEX.
[Linked Image]

The man who owns the shop i do my buisness in lives accross the street. He sells dogfood and cooks egg and bologna sandwichs in the back to make ends meet.

He probably hasnt seen 17K bucks a year much less an initial order.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Your statements make you appear to be a fence sitter,complain of prices and then how to get the cheapest price,but yet promote Steyr...?
Is that only because of a "deal" If you have a dealer so bad,why even return?
But.that's not what this is all about... It about someone back-dooring a deal on a good product,trying to enlist an entronage of others in muffing the system...Sounds the same as the 1% not paying their share of taxes...such a hypercritic

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
what does steyr have to do with it. I paid $625 for my last one. Thats the problem with rich boy snobs. They think that VALUE equates to spending a lot of money.
If I were buying a Blaser i still want a good deal.
Just because i want value doesnt make me cheap.

whats wrong? You worried about some country boy shooting a steyr?
what you want is everyone to buy accoriding to thier income level?
I shouldnt buy Steyr becasue I'm not rich? I should just buy savage or howa and let the upper crust shoot the steyrs and blasers, huh?

Even us poor country boys know how to have a good time. Catchin trout with bread dough. to cheap to buy bait. Guess since I dont fly fish i am not really a trout fisherman, huh?
Hey whats that? Nah, Must be a fake. Noone would wear one of those fishing.
You just dont get it. The pride of ownership in quality things doesnt negate one as thrifty.
[Linked Image]

Dont worry? your Lexus is safe. I drive a Ford truck.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There's the rub.. I drive a Chevy truck, so does my wife?
That has NOTHING to do with my statement of conducting business in a supportive,productive and profitable manner for all parties concerned.
RETAIL works by someone taking a chance of investing in a future,building a brick foundition,advertizing,hiring employees,PAYING them as much as possible,training,insurance,ATF or a governing body and selling their product at A PROFIT!
Back door deals cut the sap...

PEOPLE get thru life by one,maybe two of three ways...
Hard Labor, being smart ... or hand me down(entitlement)
I choose the first two, fifty plus years ago.

Come on America,

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
"YEP! Got me a Steyr and duh Leu-pold and a Rolex...
Now all i needs is a purty purple motobike like you..."

Moneys great bud, but it doesnt make you better or smarter than anyone else.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bike got sold and went to Africa again..paid for all,by working smarter.... and notice I don't wear a Pimp watch...

Cute little girl, by the way....

Come on America,

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
ringworm, thanks for your input, but I decided to pass on the Kimber. I am headed over to my local pawn shop to see if they have any Krieghoff double rifles for sale. I really want to shoot a horse with stripes.

dogzapper

Italian Proverb

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
To do or not,to "really want to" doesn't matter much....
See ya, Cheapo...
I'm out polishing the Rolls,gave the butler the week off,waiting on the maid to finish dusting the Trophy room and the party is on....
You guys crack me up...Happy Thanksgiving

Come on America,

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
[quote=reelman The actual dealers are the ones keeping the companies and the distributors in business[/quote]

And here I thought it was the firearms purchaser that kept the companies going.

No matter where it is purchased, from a FFL or Basspro, someone gets the money and the person who provides the best product/service is the one that should be rewarded. Most of the firearms that I possess have not been purchased from a traditional brick and mortar and most importantly I would not own them otherwise. Either they were not stocked beside the Rem 740 with see throughs or they were marked up double.

Some of the deals' rediculous markups have done more for guncontrol than Sarah Brady.

But then Adam Smith has been long dead as well as the concept of the free market.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Rifle says " you guys crack me up"...?....... Rifle your the one who showed up runnin your trap? Plus you don't even know what your talkin about. I woulda sold a purple bike too....or gave it to my wife...just sayin.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So you are OK with someone cutting into the business in which you work,which WILL affect how you are paid and earn a living?

I travel alot and see more and more business going under everyday all over this country and a lot of people out of work.So, you are OK with that?
The people who cut the back-door deals are the ones causing the Car dealer,gun dealers or any other business to raise prices,cut jobs and transform into a self-survival mode.How long do think this will last?......
think small,be small?

Last edited by rifle; 11/22/11.

Come on America,

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And yet,you quote from the Bible as a signature? Laffin here..
At what level did you finish school? Your grammer is hard to read?

Last edited by rifle; 11/22/11.

Come on America,

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There are some people here with SERIOUS underlying issues.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Yes I quote the Bible....always will. You picked a fight with a nice man asking a simple question. It seems your off your meds or something?

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Maybe you should stop now. Wait till another day and reread your posts on this topic. Then maybe you can see what the rest of us see? Just a suggestion?....btw.....it finished 6th grade. Only tooked me 3 tries....lol

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Some people work hard for their money and feel that it is their right to spend how and where they want..............I am one of those people.

Some dealers around me are idiots..........if my money is better spent on an internet transaction then so be it!!!

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
ringworm, thanks for your input, but I decided to pass on the Kimber. I am headed over to my local pawn shop to see if they have any Krieghoff double rifles for sale. I really want to shoot a horse with stripes.

you want to just borrow one of mine?

Just let me remeber what I did with that other barrel...
[Linked Image]

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
657 members (12308300, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 09wingates, 78 invisible), 2,673 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,612
Posts18,398,407
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.