-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It seems odd to have found a threesome who would disrespect an animal of Africa on the "Fire,but I have found them.I wonder how that would go in a real dicussion on Africa with you three...
Envy is a sin...look it up,then grow up.....
That bike cost more then both of your "single-wides" and sold for much more..and you may have seen it on TV,if you have one?
that's an investment in America....
Get your head out of your ass and look around at the big world...

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

GB1

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Me don't reckon I said I wanted to go to Africa?.....envy ok....sure. Me don't have a single wide but sure wouldn't make fun of anyone that does. That's not polite. Yes even in TN I have a picture box. Anything else? I also have some real cool dogs..!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Everyone has a reason for where they purchase most items. Don't know the markups between distributor, authorized dealer and the little guy when it comes to firearms.

Have two little local stores close by that I frequent. In the past I have purchased firearms from one and had firearms sent to the other.

The one I have bought from will usually not have what I want, and I will ask if they can get it and how much. They look it up, say yes and quote the price. They know what the competition charges and in the past have said, "Here's my cost, add $50-$75."
"OK get me one." I'm glad to have them around for the often overlooked little things that sometimes popup, such as: "You still hunting Grouse?" "Yes." "Well then me see if I can get you on such and such place. Now you will not be allowed to hunt Deer, but perhaps Grouse."

The second place I essentially just buy stuff from. Have had a private transaction shipped to his place twice. What did they want for a transfer fee? Nothing. The last time I said no, how much. "OK, give me $25, but you don't have too. Just remember were here if you need something."

Third place, I just remembered. Back when you couldn't get primers, I stopped in and asked if they had any. "How many you want?" "I'll take whatever you can let go." "Ok 400 for now." Regular price, no excessive markup.

Someone had a pharmacist for a wife. She work in an independent, hospital or chain? Odds are hospital or chain. Gone are the days of the kid getting sick late and calling up the local guy late and have them open up and take care of you. Yes, today if you live in suburbia a 24 hour chain will be relatively close, but it's not the same.

Addition: Pull into the 24hour pharmacy, unknown to the Pharmacist, with a needed narcotic prescription, from a Physician they are unfamiliar with. It may be a long night.

Some times it's worth paying extra. Sometimes not.

Last edited by battue; 11/22/11.

laissez les bons temps rouler
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I totally get small business...I mentioned almost all my family and many friends own their own business. It was my wife that's a pharmacist too. She works for a small town independent store. So again I get helpin the lil stores out prolly more than some defending them on this thread. My whole point was a nice fella with a ffl was gettin the third degree for wanting to purchase a dang rifle. He was called a "basement bandit" for even having a ffl...! I'm as much or more for small business than most. Maybe because it's how I was raised and now my wife and I both work for small business owners.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Then you should get the point of all this,if not go back to the beginning and start reading...
I asked a simple question,expecting a answer of some sense and got a bunch of BS..that's when the Dog fight started. I've had the day off and had a ball with it....
If anybody SHOULD understand the meaning of respect to the small business,it should be YOU....
How does your wife feel about all the cheap drugs coming out of Canada? Maybe after she loses her job,it will sink in....

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
If that happens we can buy cheap horses and Trade horse hunts for motorcycles.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hope nobody cuts into your horsechit....
but it could happen,Beware
Amazing how people can feel proud about being cheap....

Good night all..Happy Thanksgiving!
and let's be thankful for what we have,Remember those that gave so much and recieved so little,but yet carry on..
Muddy boots...

Last edited by rifle; 11/22/11.

Come on America,

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
For your information, you arrogant prick, I was raised in a single wide trailer. Yes. To a single mother. My family were plumbers. You got a problem with that.
You think that puts me beneath you?
Your a spoiled little boy. jerking on his pud cuz he doesnt know what to do with his hands.
You talk all this BS about buying local, what TX exotic hunting facility did you put out of buisness.
You went and spend all that money in Africa didnt you?
What about the mom and pop hunting camps in TX?
I guess you dont shop in National chains either, or bank w/ a national branch.
Do you eat all local fruits and veggies? pump your own gas behind the house?
Are you typing on a US made computer?

Your an elitist prick who cant keep his phylosiphy straight. And when you get pressed into a corner you cant answer straight so you call people cheap?
That's supposed to be some kind of insult? Cheap?
Thanks. I take it as a compliment.
So maybe you can answer the one simple question I asked 4 pages back...
What portion of my income is forfit?
How much ?
Or do i just have to pay whatever is asked.
What about it?
Your the brains here. Im just some cheap trailer raised SC redneck.
what percentage of my dollar is owed to mom and pop because they are local?

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh my, ..my stalker is back...?
Still having a hard time with the real world and can't figure out what to do with his money?
You sir, are the Eliteist... (What portion of my income is forfit?), I think it's spelled "forfeit".

If you do not care about your local area,you owe nothing...
If you do not care about others,you owe nothing...
If your world really in about all you,you owe nothing...

If, however,you recieve good service/product,pay your share and watch the world grow...it's called living with others.Lay down at night with a clear conscience....
To help more,I've included it's meaning...
"Conscience is an aptitude, faculty, intuition or judgment of the intellect that distinguishes right from wrong."

Come on America,

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Kaleb
Few folks in Leupold/McMillan circle done ok here.....
[Linked Image]

Look how many business I helped out with parts guns. Why are you not bragging on me?

IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I mean I could buy one gun local(let's try to keep in mind all business are "local" somewhere) but I've helped McMillan,talley,Leupold,Jewell,Rick Binn, Larry Potterfield,etc......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think you missed the point again..
Did you cut out any middle man in your purchases? Did you bend any rules to save a buck? All of the business you listed are consumer direct.That's what you're suppoesed to do,correct?

We seem to still be on a different page...I asked the OP why he didn't buy local,when in fact he was trying to make a back-door deal with a manufacturer that does not allow such,they help to protect their DEALERS investments...got it?
Why are you still in this?

Come on America,

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Let me explain something to you from a mans perspective.
Grasp this...
Some people...Most people...have this thing called a budget.
See, what we have to do is figure out how much money we need to pay our bills...expenses and things.
Then after that if we have put away some money to treat ourselves then we can use it to buy something we want.
So You can understand better I will give you an example.
If it helps you can go get help from the guy who cuts your grass...
Mr. Smith want to buy a rifle. He has $1000 (I know, Mr Smith is NOT a UNC grad). He decides he wants a Steyr.
Well the local shop says,"Sure Mr. Smith, I will sell you the rifle for $1000"
Mr Smith goes to get the money, hidden at home in his backyard in a mason jar, and realizes he cant shoot the rifle without ammo, a scope, rings and bases."
Stupid Duke graduate!
So he goes back to the dealer and explains the problem. His dealer, always willing to help, says OK we can do this.
I have a Nice redfield scope for $250 ($149 at Acadamy but thats not local) a set of Leupold bases and rings. And as a service I will mount them for you for Free (what a guy).

250+40+35
Now what rifle... NOT the Steyr you only have less than $700 left, not to mention sales taxs.
But wait... "I have this nice savage hunter for $564. add tax and thats $942...
I saved you $58!"

So Mr. Smith thinks on it and starts researching the savage rifle himself online. He finds that the rifle is cheaper on Gunbroker and Not only that but the Steyr rifle his Local MOM and POP wanted $1K for was $650+ shipping
WOW! he could get the rifle shipped to his dealer NO TAXS and have it in his hands for $675. And look scopes and rings on Gunbroker to.
So instead of the savage, Mr Smith gets his steyr and a LEUPOLD scope none the less all set up for $1000..
Uh, oh poor Mom and Pop... they only made $25 on the transfer.
And the State didnt get any taxs. Oh and the post office made $25.
But Mr. Smith. THE ONE SPENDING THE GD MONEY!!!
he got what he wanted and since its his Fking money ..
Why the FK do you care?

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
None of that has nothing to do with the back-door deal of the OP?
You stayed up all night for that? You have great plans,do you also plan over-throws of small Governments? You really have a bad jones for your local gun dealer,but that has NOTHING to do the OP's dealings....

But for you,Your word for today is "Integrity"
( is a concept of consistency of actions, values, methods, measures, principles, expectations, and outcomes. In ethics, integrity is regarded as the honesty and truthfulness or accuracy of one's actions. Integrity can be regarded as the opposite of hypocrisy,[1] in that it regards internal consistency as a virtue, and suggests that parties holding apparently conflicting values should account for the discrepancy or alter their beliefs.
I won't have much time today to chat,my wife and I are off to cook lunch at my Dad's old VFW...Good day

Come on America,

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Okay, not once have I seen an accurate statement about Kimber's sales policy. Prior to becoming a Master Dealer I purchased from a distributor.

As a Master Dealer, Kimber does nothing to protect my sales territory. I have to compete directly with the guy down the street who is a larger business with multiple locations. That business is a member of a buying group, and buying groups have two advantages over me.

One, they are able to purchase Kimbers cheaper than me. Two, they are not restricted as to MAP, minimum advertised price.

The Kimber price sheet shows Dealer, Master Dealer and Retail pricing. I paid approximately dealer price through the distributor, and never attempted to buy at that price through Kimber. I have no idea if one is able to.

The so called basement bandit cannot hurt me on Kimber products. The buying group can.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ok, good points...If I could ask?
Are you a brick & morter store front?

If so,why would a basement dealer not hurt you?

Do they deserve the same discounts as you?My reference to protecting investments,meant your building/employees/capital. I do not have inside info to dealer prices,nor do I need/want it.That was not my point.
As a brick front,can you join the Buyers Group?

My imput was a simple statement about someone cutting a corner,costing somebody,somewhere earned profits from investing captial and personal time into a business they are passionate about.
Some think a cheap price is good service....

Last edited by rifle; 11/23/11.

Come on America,

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rifle
entitled profits from investing captial and personal time

I couldn't care less about yall's argument.... But just because you invest capital and time doesn't mean you're ENTITLED to anything.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You have a point,however,if you work a job,either for yourself or someone else..You are entitled to get paid for what you have earned? Yes?

Come on America,

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you work for yourself there may be times when you work and don't earn anything.

If all I had to do was open a business and start writing myself a check, I would. But it's a bit more complicated than that.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yep, There's more to it,
like I said "you have to work at it"

Come on America,

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (160user, 11point, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 007FJ, 56 invisible), 2,938 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,350
Posts18,468,852
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.