Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Pedersoli Le Page, any body ever owned one or used one?

I am kind of new to BP.
Just bought a Ruger Old Army a year ago. Done lots of shooting though...

What caliber is most common for target and fun shooting?

GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
i haven�t owned one but have shot all three of the Pedersoli LePage models as well as the Traditions Parker .
All shot well to include the traditions which shot as good if not better then the Pedersoli .
But I like the Pedersoli LePage alittle better do to its single set trigger vs. the double set on the Parker .
IMO the Pedersoli isn�t a true LePage . Its basically like calling a TC a Hawkens
There are some resemblances and if a person looks hard enough they may find an original model that kind of resemble it
Cost wise to buy IMO if your looking at Pedersoli�s top of the line presentation grade vs. field grade . Your better off buying the lower cost one and paying to have it engraved .
Add in the same display but from Dixie gun works for around 20.00 and you will get a nicer gun.
Also , if your looking at buying a brand new one from Pedersoli . I would suggest that you look around and get some pricing from custom builders and save yourself some money

As to caliber around here for target shooting , its 45 or 50 . But that also depends on the type of target shooting your doing and if you live in a state where they allow pistols for hunting

[Linked Image]
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
No hunting with handguns where I live.

Also who are the better known builders?

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
you could basically go to the American long rifle forum and take your pick . you will find ever level of smith and builder over there .
but if you want the best for that type of pistol , I would say Jerry Huddleston .
but your going to pay and pay big . frankly i would bet you could buy 5 or 6 of the Pedersoli presentation grade pistols for the cost of one of his basic pistols .

The last LePage I built I got 3200 for it but it was full custom .
You should be able to have one made 800-1100. With very good parts about the same cost as a basic custom rifle .
but you need to know what is your actualy asking for . dont judge by what a production company names a given gun .
a good exsample would be to do a google for " Dueling pistols" then click on images and look at the originals .
now your going to get alot of duelers but take note of the ones actualy built by LePage. what you will quickly see is that the pedersoli lepage is more of a combination of a Lepage style stock with a H. Nock lock .
that will keep you busy for some time .
but if you dont want to do that . here is an exsample for you .
this is a high end LePage .
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/captchee/Rifles/_70CU7.jpg[/img]

Last edited by captchee; 11/28/11.

[Linked Image]
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Dang..No double Dang!!!

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by kawi
Dang..No double Dang!!!

oh ya and then some LOL .
however , look closer . do you see the adjustable rear sight LOL
to me near 2 weeks to figure out how that was done and then reproduce it on the lapage i built LOL

another high end one . but this isnt a Lepage
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

here are some lower end LePage pistols .

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/captchee/documentation/424484_detail3_max.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/captchee/documentation/342874_detail2_max.jpg[/img]

and last but not least , the one that I think pedersoli tried to imulate
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/captchee/documentation/le-page.jpg[/img]

Last edited by captchee; 11/28/11.

[Linked Image]
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Wow, and thanks...

Guess I should head to the long rifle forum, and start learning...

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (1OntarioJim, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1234, 1_deuce, 10gaugeman, 64 invisible), 2,323 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,657
Posts18,455,635
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.