Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
dukxdog Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
This will be quick since I was anxious to start shooting it.

I recently bought mine for pest control. I mounted a Leapers 4-16x50 MilDot scope on it. I have JSB Exacts and Crosman pellets. At 25 yards the gun puts 5 shots in about the same ragged hole! The trigger is two stage with a nice let off. This air rifle is very accurate for a very reasonable priced PCP rifle.

I have taken 10 pigeons with head shots in the billboards at 25yds along with three feral cats on my fence at 40yds.
I fill the gun via scuba tank to 3000psi and shoot about 25 shots before filling again at 2000psi. This is a pretty cool rifle!

Gun Owners of America & NRA Life Member
https://www.facebook.com/BirdDogBunkhouse57442/
"There are a hundred things that can happen at long range and only one of them is good"
GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I have the same gun in 22, same fill ( scba filled when my son is "on duty") and same outstanding results. I plan to get a 25 if I feel I can stop buying varmint rifles...

2 squirrels thru and thru at about 35 yards, one head and one shoulder shot, 4-12 scope is good enough for the 75 yards or so these are good for.

Allen

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
duk

I have the .25 cal on the way and am trying to decide on a scope. Did you like the Leapers or is something else a better VALUE? I will use this for squirrel in dense woods and for an occasional between-the-eyes shot on a raccoon, so I need a good sized objective for low light conditions.

Thanks!!!

Steve

An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.
Will Rogers
dukxdog Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
The Leapers is fine for a cheap scope(I paid $60 shipped). It is heavy but no bog deal since the Marauder is no lightweight.

Gun Owners of America & NRA Life Member
https://www.facebook.com/BirdDogBunkhouse57442/
"There are a hundred things that can happen at long range and only one of them is good"
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Thanks, got mine in yesterday and plan to do a little plinking this weekend. The seasons can't come soon enough!!!

Steve

An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.
Will Rogers
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Why pay this much for a rifle and put a 60.00 scope on it. If want to go cheap get a FF2 Burris or spend a little extra and get a Leupold or Nikon

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by bea175
Why pay this much for a rifle and put a 60.00 scope on it. If want to go cheap get a FF2 Burris or spend a little extra and get a Leupold or Nikon

B,

Cost of the rifle has nothing to do with it, IMHO. A Benjamin Marauder is not exactly going to be taken on any sheep hunts in the Yukon or a Safari in Africa. wink Th

There is no recoil to speak of on them and they will generally only be used to 100 yards. Scope features are more important than shear quality in this case. There are a myriad of $100 or less scopes that would work superbly on one.

Any scope with AO and a mil-dot reticle would work great on a hunting arigun. Hawke, Crosman(Centerpoint), Leapers and yes- even BSA make great scopes for rifles such as that.

Hawke makes a neat relatively compact 3x9x 40mm AO with a milldot for about $70 that would be superb on a .25 MDR.
As a matter of fact, it would be a superb scope for most rimfire rifles as well.

Last edited by jim62; 09/06/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hawke scopes are about the best buy in a inexpensive scope.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I never could see spending that much on an air rifle when you can buy a .22 rimfire that will shoot MOA for less.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by bea175
Hawke scopes are about the best buy in a inexpensive scope.

They are a good scope for the $$ wink

The US reps also back them well.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
IC B3

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Blackheart, IMHO you are missing out a little by not giving it a try. I have an Air Arms TX 2oo .177 caliber. A leupold 3x9x33 EFR rides on top. Shoot it in my backyard. 860 fps, quiet, .5 groups at 40 yds. 500 pellets cost me $10. shoot as much as you want and a great small game hunter. At least consider it sometime.

A man's got to know his limitations!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by lawnman
Blackheart, IMHO you are missing out a little by not giving it a try. I have an Air Arms TX 2oo .177 caliber. A leupold 3x9x33 EFR rides on top. Shoot it in my backyard. 860 fps, quiet, .5 groups at 40 yds. 500 pellets cost me $10. shoot as much as you want and a great small game hunter. At least consider it sometime.
Maybe you're right. I have considered it and may just do it one day. I don't need anything real poweful as it would just be a target/plinker for me. A Beeman R-7 should do me well I'd think.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I think the R7 would be a great choice. I almost bought one until I found my Air Arms at a great price. Lots of fun. Take a look at straightshooters.com

A man's got to know his limitations!
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I never could see spending that much on an air rifle when you can buy a .22 rimfire that will shoot MOA for less.

In one word, neighbors! The Marauder is almost silent, pellet strike is louded than the muffled report. I hit pigeons at 55 and 65 yards with no problem. My rifle loves the Eunjin 43.2 grain pellets.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Blackheart

Well until we get suppressors I decided to try one......

And now even if we get suppressors the Marauder will stay, you gotta shoot one.... maybe not for everyone, but.....

�Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a closer look at the American Indian.� - Henry Ford
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by ruger438

Well until we get suppressors I decided to try one......

And now even if we get suppressors the Marauder will stay, you gotta shoot one.... maybe not for everyone, but.....

Ruger, I am glad you saw the light.. wink

In 22 cal they are the perfect balance of killing power, accuracy, shot count,low noise and low richochet potential.

Great guns.

To all gunmaker critics-
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'm lookin at a Maurader myself. Those scuba tanks are EXPENSIVE..I'm looking for accuracy.

Does the velocity hold till the air runs out or does it stay the same?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

345 members (1lesfox, 22kHornet, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 29 invisible), 2,717 guests, and 947 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,748
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.