Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Ranch13
Originally Posted by jim62
[

Things must be pretty boring on your little 18acre "Ranchette" today.. Run out of neighbors pets to shoot?

What the fugg are you talking about? I've never shot any of the neighbors pets.
You talk this igorant to people face to face or do you let the isolation of your keyboard fool you into thinking your something special.

So you DO live on a "Ranchette"...lol!!

At least you have some Sharps Catalog reprints you can read..

Good for you. wink

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh your a funny little piece of [bleep]. But yeah I suppose to some this little 200 cow outfit would classify as a ranchette....
Sure do hope to get to meet you face to face soon...

the most expensive bullet there is isn't worth a plug nickel if it don't go where its supposed to.
www.historicshooting.com
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
200 momma cows..

Well, just one of those would take more than 18 acres to run on for a full year in Wyoming.

I guess anyone who has to take care of 200 head of momma cows in Wyoming in the winter gets a pass on being a bit "brittle" this time of year... wink

As to the Sharp Rifle Co being "defunct" in the 1870s, my argument still stands. They were no more "out of business" than Shiloh was in the early 1990s when they changed ownership. The money they put into developing and tooling up for the Brochardt and the Lee bolt rifles are what killed them by 1880 not the 74 rifles.

Last edited by jim62; 12/10/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When the Bryants bought out Wofgang,stayed in the same building, kept the name the same, is a good bit different than "in 1875 worn out by expensenes and delays of these suits,(during the progress of which their production of arms had almost ceased,,,,
Never said what put them out of business, just that they did, and the fact that they closed their ceased production and closed their doors while the "hunt" was still on doesn't change.
Folks like Roberts and others thought the Borchardt to be their finest rifle.
Myself I'm partial to the 74's , the 75 is nice but not the rifle a highwall is. Rollers were the AK of the day, but the military contracts around the world and the civilian market kept Remington afloat long after Sharps closed their doors.

It takes closer to 40 acres for a cow, and the time of the year doesn't matter, never have much tolerance for jackasses.

Last edited by Ranch13; 12/10/11.

the most expensive bullet there is isn't worth a plug nickel if it don't go where its supposed to.
www.historicshooting.com
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

It takes closer to 40 acres for a cow, and the time of the year doesn't matter, never have much tolerance for jackass bastards.

Me neither, which is why I replied to you the way that I did.

Courtesy works both ways. You might try it sometime.

No matter how many head of cattle you claim to own. wink

To all gunmaker critics-
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Uhh sorry [bleep], you addressed me, I responded, and merely made the mistake of stumbling down to your worm hole level.... My mistake.

www.historicshooting.com
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Uhh sorry [bleep], you addressed me, I responded, and merely made the mistake of stumbling down to your worm hole level.... My mistake.

You're damn right it was a "mistake".

When you act like a crabby old man be it on a forum or in person you just might get your ass handed to you on a platter.

Last edited by jim62; 12/10/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Do you ever do anything besides chit on other folk's threads? I dunno about Wyoming, but 200 cows around here is a ranchette.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI
ET, where's *My* Sharps?? smile

Right here!! grin
[Linked Image]

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I love pics of your old guns.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The one at the top is Jorge's 45/110.

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Cole--Do you have that 50 shooting yet?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
grinGREAT lookin' guns, but an ugly hunter grin Have you got yer Cooper Sharps running right yet??

No, there was a major catastrophe with the Bryan's last summer and that put Kirk out of the loop as far as finishing the work with the bullet mould and reloading this cartridge. We haven't given up yet, hopefully we can complete this project this winter. I believe it is paper patch bullet. I can't wait, but I need to be patient as this is free help and I couldn't find help at any price that would be any better.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Are you duplicating the original bullet?? Does anyone else out there shoot a vintage 40/90?

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Are you duplicating the original bullet?? Does anyone else out there shoot a vintage 40/90?

[Linked Image]

Sight-in. Fresh target blew over after two shots, so I just shot in the center of the bottom of it, which was facing me. Six shots. Bottom shot was adjustment. Next five were a group.

[Linked Image]

First shot hit this gourd that was weighting the target down.

[Linked Image]

Last shot kilt this pumpkin. Dead center at about 125 paces. Punkin was already wounded, but I'm pretty sure this finished it off.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jorgeI
ET, where's *My* Sharps?? smile

Right here!! grin
[Linked Image]

smile

[Linked Image]

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Theres a fella on the Shiloh board goes by the handle of Marathon man shoots a number of original sharps. Last year he laid out a buffalo with his 40-90.

www.historicshooting.com
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (10gaugeman, 204guy, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 51 invisible), 3,152 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,591
Posts18,454,335
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.