Campfire Member
Any opinions on which one is better ?

Thanks Bruce

BP-B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have had both, still have the Fury. I had the Minox 6.5 IF too. Still have the Fury. Since the question is about the Diamondback, from my perspective, the Fury has a noticeably wider view. It is noticeably sharper, has better contrast, and has better apparent brightness. The Diamondback has better armor, and probably a better diopter adjustment, and a slightly more to the red side of the spectrum color tinge than the Fury. Last I looked Doug had the Fury for like $129 or thereabouts. That is a Deal.

Steve

Theodore Roosevelt: "Do what you can where you are with what you have"
L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
SteveC99,

Have you compared the Vortex 6.5x32 Fury to the 6x30 Leupold Yosemite? Curious as to how they stack up.

I"m really impressed with the little yosemite 6 power but if the Fury is equal, clarity and brightness wise, I may be inclined to go that route for my daughter rather than the yosemite.

Leftybolt

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Yeah, I have a Yosemite too... smile The Fury is, I think a little better, the focus works smoother. There is less "black border" around the Fury. WIth the current CLNY prices, I'd get a Fury. But optically, there is not much difference in the Yo and the Fury. I do think I'd take the Yo image over the Diamondback. As far as for your daughter, that kind of comes down to how big she is and if she needs the narrrow IPD settings for her eyes or not. If it turns out she does, then the Yo may be better.

Steve

Theodore Roosevelt: "Do what you can where you are with what you have"
bh46118 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Thanks Steve

I going to give the Fury a try.

Thanks Bruce

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
IMO fury > (Yo = diamondback)

The first comparison is more apparant than the second.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
bh46118 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Hi Crockettnj

I'm a little slow. You prefer the Fury and consider the Leupold and the Diamondback to be similar ?

Thanks Bruce

Originally Posted by Crockettnj
IMO fury > (Yo = diamondback)

The first comparison is more apparant than the second.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Yes, he is saying the Fury IS GREATER THAN the Yosemite and Diamondback, which are about equal in his view.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Yes.

I base this on the 6.5x fury, 6x yo's, and 7x bushnell excursions which are supposedly VERy similar to the 7x diamondback.

EDIT:
I'll add that I gave my Fury as a gift and kept the other 2. I found the fury to be large for what I wanted out of a low mag bino. Plus, the bright wide view and larger size was great for someone who wasnt likely to be schlepping them around a lot.Its not a small 6.5

The yo's were so cheap(inexpensive) and have that miniature IPD so my little kids could use them. And the Excursions have what I have found to be an outstanding "ease of use" factor that is not easily quantifiable. Butter smooth focus, massive FOV, never any "blackouts" even with odd angle. Relatively short and nice armor texture... Maybe not a perfect image, but in usage, very easy to get along with. (I am actually surprised I dont hear more about these.)

Anyway, I felt I'd disclose that, while I think they had a superior image/clarity/snap/brightness, I no longer have them while I DO have the other 2!

Last edited by Crockettnj; 12/15/11.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
bh46118 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Thanks for the help.

Bruce

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
684 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 78 invisible), 3,081 guests, and 1,444 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,679
Posts18,399,581
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.