Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I'm starting this thread for all CVA Electra user's. I did a search for information on this CVA model and it is surprising there isn't much information available on the forums.

***Please post tips, tricks, and first-hand experiences with the CVA Electra muzzleloader.***

Fact #1: Yes, this is a discontinued model. For whatever reason, the new technology of this muzzleloader just didn't catch on. I'm sure there are
a million opinions on this.

Fact #2:
These guns originally had a price tag of well over $400 and can now be had for a steal of a price. This means there are many guys out there that will be shooting them, myself included. So whether you like the concept or not, this thread is intended for guys to keep safe and get the most enjoyment out of this muzzleloader as possible. That's why I ask....please no bashing. cool

Let the information begin!!! [Linked Image]

Last edited by SteelCityArcher; 12/18/11.

Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.
No guns. No peace. No safety.

GB1

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Very nice looking guns!

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Like no other muzzleloader ever, thanks to patent-pending ARC� Electronic Ignition. Sealed from the elements, ignition is instantaneous and the trigger pull is clean because the "trigger" is an electronic switch.

Ambidextrous composite stock with cushioning CrushZone� recoil pad
26"l. Bergara� barrel, 1:28" twist rifling
14 1/2" pull
DuraSight� metal fiber-optic sights and DuraSight� rail mount for scope
Adjustable Quake� Claw� Sling
CVA� lifetime warranty. 7 lbs., 8 ozs.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Top three reasons not to like them:

#1- I don't like the idea of having to rely on a battery to make my gun go boom.

#2- Loading one of these left me feeling like I would loading my Knight with a 209 primer chambered and the safety off.Nothing would probably ever happen, but it seems kinda silly.

#3- It ain't a Knight!

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Top three reasons TO like them:

#1- Bergara� barrel: Enough said.
#2- Price point: Very affordable for the quality you are receiving
#3- Lifetime Warrranty: CVA will make parts for these guns for 7 years after the discontinue dated. However, they will provide service for the life of the gun.

For the price of the gun, I'm not sure there is a better deal out there right now.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I owned one(my buddy's kid really liked it after hunting this season and needed a ML so I sold it to him)I would have no problem owning another and for what Sportsman's guide sells them for your getting one heck of a shooter. We hunted in rain,snow and freezing cold with "Zero" problems out of the Electra. And did I say this rifle will flat shoot some good groups...Only change I made to the rifle was to use the Ultralife U9VL-BP Lithium Battery over the standard 9v right from the start. Powder I run in the gun is loose 3F T-7, Harvester CR sabot and the Speer 300g DC...Never once has this gun misfired either hunting or at the range.

Few Con's I have to offer:
1)Not all states allow the Electra
2)You have to pull the battery which is under the grip cap and takes a screwdriver to be legal in or on a motor vechicle.
3)(They say, never tried it)that you can't set Blackhorn 209 powder off with the spark.
4)Also it has been discontinued so I'm not sure if and how much that will affect anything down the road as far as parts or what have you

Last edited by coyotewallace; 12/18/11.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Click here to find out if the CVA Electra muzzleloader is legal in your state:

CVA Electra - State by State Regulations

This map comes straight from the CVA website. Check your local regulations. As stated below, the map MAY NOT be completely correct, but it is a quick reference.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This map is NOT 100% right...So call Fish&Game Enforcement for the state or states you plan to hunt first

FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Answers for unasked questions? I'm not sure this post passes the sniff test?

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
#3- Lifetime Warrranty: CVA will make parts for these guns for 7 years after the discontinue dated. However, they will provide service for the life of the gun.

no dog in this but i would point out that if the above is important , you best think twice
CVA also gave such warrantees on their side locks . Even the lowly Bobcats .
Try collecting on the warrantee and see where it gets ya . well unless you think a couple years is a lifetime lol

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by FVA

I'm not so exactly sure I know what that means? I'm not a hunting forum newbie. I'd appreciate it if you didn't treat me as such.

My username is NSTRUT on most other forums. If you'd like to check my credentials, go to Archery Talk Profile. I have excellent buyer/seller feedback and almost 3,500 posts.

I am new to the gun hunting game. This Electra is my first muzzleloader and that's why I registered at this forum....to learn.

Not sure what I did not to pass the "sniff" test? confused
Aside from the occasional B.O. and garlic breath, I think I do just fine. wink

IC B3

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by captchee

no dog in this but i would point out that if the above is important , you best think twice
CVA also gave such warrantees on their side locks . Even the lowly Bobcats .
Try collecting on the warrantee and see where it gets ya . well unless you think a couple years is a lifetime lol

I'm sure you're correct on this. Had I paid full price for this gun and had much invested, I would definitely thought twice. To be quite honest, I think there are more negatives right now about the Electra than positives. That's why the gun is discontinued and that why you'll continue to see negative posts about them, even from guys with zero experience with them.

That's okay.

I figure if I only get a couple years use out of the gun, I'm fine with that. I paid under $200 brand new for it. In my book, if something goes wrong with it or I'm unhappy, that's not too bad of a price to take a chance. On the flip side, if I LOVE it, I'll buy a few more and pack away for the future.

I think most guys are staying away from the gun because the skepticism runs deep.

All I know is that I should get the gun before Christmas and I'm going to have some fun with it.

Only time will tell.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SteelCityArcher
you'll continue to see negative posts from guys with zero experience with them.

100% with you on this!! enjoy the gun...you got your moneys worth easy, I sent you a PM. Give me a shout if you want info. on the load testing I done with this.

FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SteelCityArcher
Originally Posted by FVA

I'm not so exactly sure I know what that means? I'm not a hunting forum newbie. I'd appreciate it if you didn't treat me as such.

My username is NSTRUT on most other forums. If you'd like to check my credentials, go to Archery Talk Profile. I have excellent buyer/seller feedback and almost 3,500 posts.

I am new to the gun hunting game. This Electra is my first muzzleloader and that's why I registered at this forum....to learn.

Not sure what I did not to pass the "sniff" test? confused
Aside from the occasional B.O. and garlic breath, I think I do just fine. wink

Almost seemed like you might have an agenda to move these guns. If not good on you.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I bought mine from Sportsman's Guide. I certainly am not trying to sell anything and the only agenda I have is the "Honey To Do List" posted on the fridge every weekend.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It just seems odd to me that you are talking up a gun you don't even have yet...

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Huntingnut
It just seems odd to me that you are talking up a gun you don't even have yet...

Talking it up? How about trying to gather some info, from actual users.

That's all I'm trying to do. Maybe guys will come on the thread and post the gun is a total POS. I'm not here to argue with any fact, good or bad.

I just want real-world experiences and not negative speculation. Truth be told, to the guys I have spoken with that actually own and have hunted with this gun the actually really like it.

Also, FYI, the gun arrived in the mail this afternoon.

Thanks!

Last edited by SteelCityArcher; 12/20/11.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
ttt

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
now that you have the rifle, what do you think?

I am an N.R.A. Life Member,you should be to.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
This kind of post doesn't surprise me this is business as usual on the archery talk forum....don;t need and electric ignition MZ'er nor a Remington EtronX or even electric socks but if that's what floats you're boat I'll call ya Ben Franklin and wish you luck

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
This kind of post doesn't surprise me this is business as usual on the archery talk forum....don;t need and electric ignition MZ'er nor a Remington EtronX or even electric socks but if that's what floats you're boat I'll call ya Ben Franklin and wish you luck

What kind of post are you speaking of? I sure am receiving a bunch of hater-type responses for this thread. I just don't understand it. All I did was post to get some info from others shooting these guns. Apparently, there aren't as many as I thought. Coyote Wallace has been awesome to me. A few others too. Thanks for that.

However, I'm stepping away from this thread now. I'm tired of all the B.S. So to the mods, delete the thread if you like. If anyone else has any useful info, you can PM me if you like.

This site is worse than AT I guess. Hate away. Nice way to treat a new member guys. mad

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 19rabbit52, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 54 invisible), 2,717 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,710
Posts18,456,891
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.