Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
FVA Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I've been told one these would be good for my shop but have no idea where to find one. My google foo seems to be weak.
It was described as about 4 foot square, self contained, cost about $500- and needed a two inch exhaust.
A point in the right direction would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Frank

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Hmmmm.. And I always thought those were called WACS... smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by FVA
I've been told one these would be good for my shop but have no idea where to find one. My google foo seems to be weak.
It was described as about 4 foot square, self contained, cost about $500- and needed a two inch exhaust.
Thanks,
Frank

Wow wish I was close, have a diesel run heater used for a tent. Got it new, burned it once or twice. Not to much cold down here. Hang a 5 gal can of diesel on one side, pump the bulb once or twice, than throw a piece of fire down in chamber, it's going.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
FVA Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
No, not quite.
It is about 4'Hx4"Wx3'H, blows hot air, burns kerosene/fuel oil, 2" exhaust and was 120,000 BTU .
A guy looking at my new but uninsulated and unheated shop mentioned them to me. He saw it in someone else's shop mounted on casters wheels with a piece of flex hose running outside for the exhaust. He said the Army used them to heat big tents.
That was a bit over a month ago. I did google one up at the time. $500- plus freight just as he described but am coming up blank this time around.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ahh! I think I know what you're talking about...

I only got out of the Army back in 2007 and the link I sent ya was what we used most of the time, but I think I know the one you are refering to.

Does it look like a jet engine on a stand?

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What you're looking for is generically termed (or WAS) a "Herman Nelson" heater,.....

GOOD, LOUD, heat ,....NOW !

The originals were pretty sporty, and simple,....the newer designs have been OSHA'd, Underwriter's Laboratoried, and Lawyered to death,....

I DOUBT that any DRMOs will be putting them out into our "incompetent" civilian hands,.....more's the pity .

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well said Greg!

Wishing you a VERY Merry Christmas my friend!

Turdlike, by default.
FVA Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
It had sheet metal siding and my guess was it was more or less a self contained forced hot air furnace. If I knew it was going to be so hard to find I would paid more attention the first time I googled one up but it was exactly as he mentioned right down to the two inch exhaust.
$499- plus freight. At time time I was in lights mode and thinking of waiting for heat until next year. A couple cold days has me rethinking things.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by FVA
Thanks,
Frank

Sounds like you're looking for a heater similar to this one but a good bit larger and with quite a bit more BTU output.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This one come up for sale 12/30/auction
This place is where I bought the diesel heater, sells all the stuff on current military bases in all the US. You do have to pick up.

Book mark the site this time.

Oh and this one is located in PA

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=4943959

Sorry had to add site.

In fact, I looked and found 4 units for auction starting 12/30 all in PA.

Last edited by Wtxj; 12/22/11.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Screw those herman nelson's, get a old fashioned Army pot belly stove, it will burn anything, Kerosene, Gasoline, wood coal, and you can even brew a pot of coffee on top of it. wink Thank me later. Les

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

FVA Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
That's it! Thanks Wxtj.
I knew the Campfire would come through.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kamerad_Les
Screw those herman nelson's, get a old fashioned Army pot belly stove, it will burn anything, Kerosene, Gasoline, wood coal, and you can even brew a pot of coffee on top of it. wink Thank me later. Les
Thus my first post!

Miss good ol' pot belly brewed food....

DON'T miss fire guard....

Turdlike, by default.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

129 members (1_deuce, 257wthbylover, 300_savage, 5sdad, 2ndwind, 16 invisible), 1,739 guests, and 963 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,511
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.