Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Somehow I have missplaced the load suggestions you all have given in the past for loads using the high B.C. Hornady 53 grain V-Max bullets.
I am new to these bullets myself.
Its the winter "reloading" season here in SW Montana and I have a 223 Varminter that I think NEEDS to shoot this bullet.
My Rifle (Remington 700 SPS-V) has a 26" barrel and a Leupold 6.5x20 variable scope on it.
I picked this Rifle up a while back and it has only shot Berger 50 grainers to date.
These Bergers are accurate bullets, but are PRICEY, and the Hornady has a higher B.C (.290).
And I think the Prairie Dogs and Ground Squirrels should really plop when hit with these V-Max bullets - even when these Varmints are "way out there".
Any load suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Load it up your ASS.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
O
OSB Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
VG I'd say 25.5 gr of Benchmark should get you real close.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well I currently have 27 rifles chambered in the wonderful and marvelous .223 caliber cartridge. Most of them are wonderful and marvelous Remingtons with wonderful and marvelous Leupold scopes because all my stuff is the best. My wonderful and marvelous load is................

Long live the .223
blah blah

IC B2

O
OSB Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Goodness a lot of penis envy on here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
familiarize yourself with the idiot and you'd understand.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
If you won't help, I suggest you have the grace to step back and let some one in who will....

I don't load the 53 Hornady Vmax so I am glad to allow the question to stand for another to answer.

Insults are not answers.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BuckeyeSpecial

Insults are not answers.

Okaaaaay...

Originally Posted by VarmintGuy

Ingwe: Turd, you are lying again!
Which is typical of people that have such low self esteem that they even describe themselves as "turd"!

"He got mad at me for NOT killing rattlesnakes ( figures each one killed saves the life of at least one child...)
And he now refers to me as " Ingturdwe"..." - your quote!

I don't believe I have ever referred to you as "ingturdwe" but I like the osund of it AND the reference to yourself though!

And as far as rattlesnakes go you do what your turdlike mind dictates - I personally kill them all when they are within "crawling distance" of homes that may have children in them (4-5 miles or so).
Unlike yourself there, turdwe, I have been bitten by a Rattlesnake and at 6' 3" and 260 pounds I personally know that a child would have a life-threatening, miserably painful and prolonged situation if bitten by a Rattlesnake!
Like I said, you go ahead and do what ever your turdlike brain mandates but don't try to influence those that know better than you - and that includes not just me but a LOT of people.
And, you just keep telling your turdy self that YOU are a merry turd - thats always good for a laugh.
And I now publicly call you out turdlike ingwe - produce the post where I can be quoted as saying "I figure each one killed saves the life of at least one child..."!
You are now proven not only a turd, but a liar and an exaggerator - and that is a sad condition that you have attained.
Grow up man before its to late.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

O
OSB Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Originally Posted by BuckeyeSpecial

Insults are not answers.

Okaaaaay...

Originally Posted by VarmintGuy

Ingwe: Turd, you are lying again!
Which is typical of people that have such low self esteem that they even describe themselves as "turd"!

"He got mad at me for NOT killing rattlesnakes ( figures each one killed saves the life of at least one child...)
And he now refers to me as " Ingturdwe"..." - your quote!

I don't believe I have ever referred to you as "ingturdwe" but I like the osund of it AND the reference to yourself though!

And as far as rattlesnakes go you do what your turdlike mind dictates - I personally kill them all when they are within "crawling distance" of homes that may have children in them (4-5 miles or so).
Unlike yourself there, turdwe, I have been bitten by a Rattlesnake and at 6' 3" and 260 pounds I personally know that a child would have a life-threatening, miserably painful and prolonged situation if bitten by a Rattlesnake!
Like I said, you go ahead and do what ever your turdlike brain mandates but don't try to influence those that know better than you - and that includes not just me but a LOT of people.
And, you just keep telling your turdy self that YOU are a merry turd - thats always good for a laugh.
And I now publicly call you out turdlike ingwe - produce the post where I can be quoted as saying "I figure each one killed saves the life of at least one child..."!
You are now proven not only a turd, but a liar and an exaggerator - and that is a sad condition that you have attained.
Grow up man before its to late.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Well you found that pretty quickly and it was in response to what post?

IC B3

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Well I'm not that familiar with the idiot, so I'll bite. Three of my .223's shoot 25.5 H335 very well with that bullet.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
VG...

I shot it with the New AR Comp powder and it did real well... actually I had some problems getting that bullet to shoot as well as the 50s and 55 V Maxes shoot....

the powder performs best at a higher pressure.. at least in my rifles...

in a Ruger VT in 223, factory tube, I loaded 26 grains of
AR Comp.. and seated the bullet out as far as the magazine allowed...that was worked up...

their data listed max as 25.3 with a 52 grain A Max... with an MV of 3400 plus in a 24 inch barrel...

the Ruger has a generous throat...it gave a 5 shot cloverleaf at 100 yds...my rifle runs a 6 x 24 Weaver on top...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
25-26gr Varget, Fed match primer, any casing, dead vermon. T.S.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Hear good things about '335....
Jus sayin....

George

"Hunting, fishing, roping, working, sleeping, eating. Not always in that order."
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Seafire: Thanks a bunch thats what I am looking for - a new powder - something I have not tried and maybe something that is not to temperature sensitive for my upcoming Priaire Doggin.
And that load will be perky enough to get a high splat factor going.
I am just intrigued by the high B.C. for the weight.
Thanks again.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
GeorgeS3: I have a Remington XR-100 that REALLY likes H 335 powder - but I am not sure if that powder is one of the temperature stable powders (EXTREME?) or not.
Thanks.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Bowman44: Out of all my 223's I have never tried Varget - will give it a try this winter as well.
The Federal 205M (match) primers are the only primer I use in small Rifle applications.
I really like them and always stay well supplied with them.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Raunchy Loco: Well you sure got the "Loco" part right!
Grow up pud and get a life you are just embarrassing yourself.
Sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Ackman: The "penis envy" post supplied by someone below is absolutely appropriate in your case!
He-he.
And for the record I currently own and shoot 11 (eleven) Varmint Guns in 223 Remington caliber - not 27 (twenty seven).
9 (nine) of them indeed are Remingtons and one is a Ruger and one was made by Thompson Contender!
The only "blah blah" around here is your worthless and infantile post.
You add nothing to normal conversation so indeed you are "nothing" - and thats a shame.
Oh, I almost forgot to correct your ignorantass on the scopes as well - on my 11 (eleven) 223's I do indeed incorporate 7 (seven) Leupold scopes and I also use 2 (two) Burris scopes, 1 (one) Weaver and 1 (one) Nikon!
So you are not just worthless and infantile you are ignorant as well.
INDEED... long live the 223 Remington!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well...varmint guy....such a pompous blowhard, you're an obvious parody and too self absorbed to even realize it. Always bragging numbers - now it's 11 of this, 9 of that, 7, 2, 1, 1. You've bragged 27 at sometime or other.

With your little buddy OSB and "penis envy" wish. Tweedledee and Tweedledumb. Something going on there......you two he-men make a good couple. And you so often bragging numbers, it's more like "penis compensation." Indeed.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
676 members (12308300, 12344mag, 16Racing, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 73 invisible), 2,689 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,615
Posts18,398,454
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.