Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
If they were still made in Belgium, I guess most of us would be satisfied, but having them made here would be great.

There are still hard feelings regarding Japan and the role they played in the Big One. There mistreatment of POW's is my main hang up.

Even though the Japanese do good work, I'm not fond of them being made there for this reason.

I guess that we all carry some resentment for them regarding that. I do.

What I find ironic is that we are proud to own fine German rifles and especially optics.

The Nazi's were just as bad, if not worse, but they didn't have the reputation for mistreating American POW's like the Japanese did.

They just murdered 6 million jews and countless others...

My question is, how long do you carry a grudge against a former enemy who has since been a strong ally?

Some wise & well spoken words there John.

The Japs were cruel to the Aussie POW too. My motto is. Don't let the past become the future. And don't think about yesterday or tomorrow, just the now....

Last edited by 340Wby; 12/26/11.

Taking my rifle for a walk
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 340Wby
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
If they were still made in Belgium, I guess most of us would be satisfied, but having them made here would be great.

There are still hard feelings regarding Japan and the role they played in the Big One. There mistreatment of POW's is my main hang up.

Even though the Japanese do good work, I'm not fond of them being made there for this reason.

I guess that we all carry some resentment for them regarding that. I do.

What I find ironic is that we are proud to own fine German rifles and especially optics.

The Nazi's were just as bad, if not worse, but they didn't have the reputation for mistreating American POW's like the Japanese did.

They just murdered 6 million jews and countless others...

My question is, how long do you carry a grudge against a former enemy who has since been a strong ally?
Some wise & well spoken words there John.

The Japs were cruel to the Aussie POW too. My motto is. Don't let the past become the future. And don't think about yesterday or tomorrow, just the now....
The main hangup many people have is good, old-fashioned RACISM. Japanese just look different, but no one wants to admit that they might have some kind of ethnocentric and xenophobic shortcoming. Oh no, they're "better" than that. So now they have a problem with the Japanese acting like barbarians during WWII.

How well were American Indian tribes treated throughout the 18th, 19th, and a good part of the 20th century? I'm guessing everyone will harbor the same mock outrage against the various atrocities committed against these native peoples as exacted upon them by the British and U.S. governments, will they not? Yes? No?

How well were the Congolese treated by the vaunted and magnanimous Belgians? Oh, that's right, they were just uncivilized black folks.

And what about the atrocities committed upon the Ethiopians by the fascist Italians? I guess there's going to be a long line of people lining up to boycott Beretta and Benelli because the Italians got away with unspeakable cruelty.

Exactly where does it end? You're just going to have hard feelings against the people who look different than you?

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Well - that sums it up. "Why no love for Browning bolt rifles?" Because it has brown in the name... laugh

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Why no love for Browning bolt rifles? Anymore ideas?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
P
PSH Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Love everyone I ever had, they all shot lights out. My 375 H&H SS stalker has been rained on, snowed on, etc, in our balmy Montana without issue. As far as where there made, I really don't care. Howa is made in Japan and there seems to be more and more people shooting them. As I recall, I believe the model 70 was made in Japan at one time as well. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Browning if the price and caliber were right.

IC B2

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 007FJ, 60 invisible), 2,467 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,544
Posts18,453,376
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.