Page 3 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 20 21 >
Topic Options
#5989890 - 01/02/12 06:21 AM Re: 35 Whelen for a Deserving Forum Member [Re: Seafire]
badger Offline
Campfire Tracker

Loc: Canton GA
pm sent.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

www.germancarrepair.com

CI16728
#5990009 - 01/02/12 06:54 AM Re: 35 Whelen for a Deserving Forum Member [Re: badger]
shootinurse Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Loc: northcentral PA
PM sent.

"Sometimes I wonder about people who have never hunted or fished. What do they do for memories?"
Pat McManus

#5990031 - 01/02/12 07:00 AM Re: 35 Whelen for a Deserving Forum Member [Re: nmitchell]
AlaskanMatt Offline
Campfire Regular

Loc: HOME! Wasilla, AK
Just in case any of you want to see the lucky guy who is getting the Whelen.... a bigger version of that little thumbnail to the left:

#5990109 - 01/02/12 07:20 AM Re: 35 Whelen for a Deserving Forum Member [Re: AlaskanMatt]
eh76 Offline
Campfire Oracle

Loc: North of Liberalism in Wyoming
You let the air out of that bear! shocked

laugh

#5990113 - 01/02/12 07:21 AM Re: 35 Whelen for a Deserving Forum Member [Re: AlaskanMatt]
Mannlicher Online   happy
Campfire Oracle

Loc: N. Central Florida, and Miami
Seafire, when you get the details set on where to respond, let me know. I'm in for this good cause.

I named my Dog..........wait for it.........Muhammad laugh

#5990225 - 01/02/12 07:47 AM Re: 35 Whelen for a Deserving Forum Member [Re: Seafire]
TBREW401 Offline
Campfire Ranger

Seafire
If he is gonna reload, I've got a set of Lee dies to contribute.
May have some bullets as well.

#5990378 - 01/02/12 08:24 AM Re: 35 Whelen for a Deserving Forum Member [Re: Mannlicher]
ChasR Offline
Campfire Regular

Originally Posted By: Mannlicher
Seafire, when you get the details set on where to respond, let me know. I'm in for this good cause.

Yeah, like Mannlicher said! Count me in. Let me know where and how to send funds.
US Army RVN - 1970-1971

Edited by CRounds (01/02/12 11:30 AM)
Edit Reason: Date Correction!!

#5990472 - 01/02/12 08:45 AM Re: 35 Whelen for a Deserving Forum Member [Re: AlaskanMatt]
mart Online   content
Campfire Ranger

Loc: Wasilla, Alaska
Originally Posted By: AlaskanMatt
Originally Posted By: mart
Count me in. I have to stand by my fellow Wasillian, Wasillite, shoot I don't know what more than one of us is called but I'm in. PM sent.

Mart

I think Wasillan plural is "valley trash". wink
I might have to enlist you to help me sight this thing in Mart!

I guess I would be the Matt in question. I'm at a loss for words here folks. Here's my reply to Seafire, so the action info is on here too:

Originally Posted By: AlaskaMatt
LOL, thanks Seafire. It does mean a lot. And I'm not as young as you might think. I enlisted rather late in life. I got all the grandpa jokes in BCT, at the age of 31. I'll be hitting 38 in 10 days. I feel younger than I am though, if that makes any difference. ;-)

If ya'll are going to insist on this, the stainless Marlin XL7 '06 is the action I was planning to use. I already have one in '06 and I love it. They are inexpensive, but very well made with a smooth action, adjustable trigger and far more accurate than the price suggests.

I hadn't decided yet on whether to have the factory barrel re-bored or have the action re-barreled. I understand Savage barrels might work in the Marlin action. Ya'll can pretty much decide how to build it. The majority of you probably know more about custom rifle building than I do anyway.

I don't really know what to say here. I've never had anyone offer to build me a rifle before. Here I am brand-new to the forum, just came here on the advice of a friend to pick some of your brains on the 35 Whelen and two days later I'm choosing an action for a rifle that fellow veterans have offered to build for me. I just hope I can someday re-pay your kindness.

Matt,

Just give a shout when you want to go to the range. I work a week on/week off schedule so can hit the range during the week when there is not so large a crowd if that works for you.

This was a great idea Seafire. Thanks for starting it.

Mart

Edited by mart (01/02/12 08:46 AM)
"a large number of red blooded Americans have been striving to make us a Nation of Rifleman. We have succeeded. May we ever remain thus, for the privilege to bear, and the ability to use weapons is the greatest guarantee of Liberty." Townsend Whelen

#5990691 - 01/02/12 09:31 AM Re: 35 Whelen for a Deserving Forum Member [Re: mart]
AlaskanMatt Offline
Campfire Regular

Loc: HOME! Wasilla, AK
Originally Posted By: AlaskanMatt
Count me in. I have to stand by my fellow Wasillian, Wasillite, shoot I don't know what more than one of us is called but I'm in. PM sent.

Mart

I think Wasillan plural is "valley trash". wink
I might have to enlist you to help me sight this thing in Mart!

I guess I would be the Matt in question. I'm at a loss for words here folks. Here's my reply to Seafire, so the action info is on here too:

Originally Posted By: AlaskaMatt
LOL, thanks Seafire. It does mean a lot. And I'm not as young as you might think. I enlisted rather late in life. I got all the grandpa jokes in BCT, at the age of 31. I'll be hitting 38 in 10 days. I feel younger than I am though, if that makes any difference. ;-)

If ya'll are going to insist on this, the stainless Marlin XL7 '06 is the action I was planning to use. I already have one in '06 and I love it. They are inexpensive, but very well made with a smooth action, adjustable trigger and far more accurate than the price suggests.

I hadn't decided yet on whether to have the factory barrel re-bored or have the action re-barreled. I understand Savage barrels might work in the Marlin action. Ya'll can pretty much decide how to build it. The majority of you probably know more about custom rifle building than I do anyway.

I don't really know what to say here. I've never had anyone offer to build me a rifle before. Here I am brand-new to the forum, just came here on the advice of a friend to pick some of your brains on the 35 Whelen and two days later I'm choosing an action for a rifle that fellow veterans have offered to build for me. I just hope I can someday re-pay your kindness.

Matt,

Just give a shout when you want to go to the range. I work a week on/week off schedule so can hit the range during the week when there is not so large a crowd if that works for you.

This was a great idea Seafire. Thanks for starting it.

Mart

Sounds good to me, we tend to get a fair amount of time off when we get home from a deployment. I assume you're talking about birchwood - I may go ahead and spring for a membership again since the Wasilla range seems to have fallen through.

That bear was the best meat I've ever tasted!

#5990781 - 01/02/12 09:54 AM Re: 35 Whelen for a Deserving Forum Member [Re: AlaskanMatt]
mart Online   content
Campfire Ranger

Loc: Wasilla, Alaska
I am a member at Birchwood. There is the range out north of Willow on the Parks but I don't know the name of it or the contact information, or if it is even still in operation.

Mart
"a large number of red blooded Americans have been striving to make us a Nation of Rifleman. We have succeeded. May we ever remain thus, for the privilege to bear, and the ability to use weapons is the greatest guarantee of Liberty." Townsend Whelen

Page 3 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 20 21 >

Moderator:  RickBin, SYSOP 
Support Our Sponsors 1
Who's Online
645 registered (1Longbow, 205, 204guy, 12savage, 10ring1, 75 invisible), 1617 Guests and 314 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Support Our Sponsors 2
Forum Stats
51403 Members
72 Forums
653055 Topics
9390977 Posts

Max Online: 4830 @ 12/01/14 06:45 PM
Support Our Sponsors 3

Copyright © 2000-2015 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.