Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by AlaskanMatt
I still can't believe ya'll are doing this for me. I'm gonna need adresses for everyone involved so I can at least send a thank you card or something. So whose up for some moose jerky? confused

And I cannot believe what you are sacrificing for us here at home. I think it is we who owe you. keep your head down.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
BP-B2

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
I'm in send me the details.

Bill

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I'm in just let me know where the funds need to go

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Thanks everyone. If I can connect with a moose, I'll have some jerky made up and send ya'll some. Don't worry - there will be plenty to go around. A mature bull will yield about 700 lbs of meat. That would feed my family of 7 for about a year.

"Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist."
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Thanks everyone. If I can connect with a moose, I'll have some jerky made up and send ya'll some. Don't worry - there will be plenty to go around. A mature bull will yield about 700 lbs of meat. That would feed my family of 7 for about a year.

Seven! Does that mean you have 5 kids? Man you do know what causes that don't you? Just kidding I come from a big family and loved it. Are any of them old enough to hunt with you?

Mart

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
IC B2

KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm in... both for helping out with the rifle and the moose jerky!

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm in. Where do I send a check?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by mart

Seven! Does that mean you have 5 kids? Man you do know what causes that don't you? Just kidding I come from a big family and loved it. Are any of them old enough to hunt with you?

Mart

LOL, I figured someone would catch that. Yes, I have five kids. All of them perfect, too. My oldest, and the only boy, Timothy is 12 and he's already a veteran of several hunting trips with me. He's put a fair amount of small game on the table himself. My oldest girl, Sarah just got her first rifle for her 9th birthday. It's a cricket single shot .22 and she loves it. She needs a bit more practise before she's ready to hunt. Timothy has a .22, a pump-action 410, and a Rossi youth combo in 20 gauge and .243 Win. We're a hunting/fishing/outdoors family.

Ya'll ought not to get me started about my kids. I can brag on them for the whole deployment. grin

"Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist."
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Okay, here's one more pic of my ugly mug taken three days ago in my motorpool. That beast behind me is my truck.

[Linked Image]

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Gee Matt... Too bad you couldn't take the truck home as Surplus...

looks like that thing would get you around the Alaskan wilderness pretty darn well...that thing is cool!

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B3

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Okay,

for all the Wonderful folks here who are diving in on this project, which some did a simple name for it, which I am going to adapt... "Project Matt"....

I am trying to return PMs as fast as I can...

this has been less than 48 hours and the responses have been overwhelming..

for those that wish to donate, or contribute anything to "Project Matt"...please PM me.. it is easier for me to manage and follow up on...

I am running this thru my small company... on PM I am giving out that address and also am giving out my personal mobile phone number if anyone needs to contact me beyond PM....

I also want to put this out there as an idea from another forum member who desires to remain anonymous, but has done a very generous contribution for Project Matt....

There is another forum member here, who just got back from Afghanistan.. several forum members here were evidently sending CARE packages to the guys in his unit over there, during their tour...

so the Suggestion has been made to do this also for that returning forum member....

I support the idea and will commit $20 also to that project to get the ball rolling on that one...

The intended forum member probably doesn't even have a clue that he has been targeted for a little appreciation....

but it is up to you guys if you are cool with that also...

I'll post it as AFGHAN VET PROJECT TWO...

While I am at the keyboard also, I want to say that a lot of guys have complimented me for even thinking of this...I humbly thank you... but the heroes on this are YOU GUYS.. the response on this has already been substantial...

you guys are stepping right up to the plate for Matt here...

So I am the architect here... YOU GUYS are the ones that are building this....

This is already a done deal... it is all now just putting together the logistics...

If anyone out there has a really nice scope they would like to donate or sell cheap to us.. I'd like to send this to Matt with a Leupold or scope of his choice on top...wish we could make it a Nightforce or something of that sort... but we are a little short for that much.. unless some well to do forum member has one he doesn't need anymore...

I'll try and keep an up to date report on this as the gears turn...but it is moving quickly right out of the chute...

I'm proud to be on this forum with everyone of you guys!

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Just wanted to chime in and say he is one of if not the most deserving hunting partner I could ever ask for. I was lucky enough to assist Matt in harvesting his first Alaskan Black Bear last year before we both left for the "sand" together. Now I hope I can be blessed with him taking his first Alaskan Brown bear when we get back stateside. Much KUDO's to all who are participating in this!

[Linked Image]

"Duty, Honor, Country. Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be."
N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
I missed this thread yesterday. I picked up on it when it was linked in the Spano thread (another 10 minutes I'll never get back).

PM incoming.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Seafire
Okay,

for all the Wonderful folks here who are diving in on this project, which some did a simple name for it, which I am going to adapt... "Project Matt"....

I am trying to return PMs as fast as I can...

this has been less than 48 hours and the responses have been overwhelming..

for those that wish to donate, or contribute anything to "Project Matt"...please PM me.. it is easier for me to manage and follow up on...

I am running this thru my small company... on PM I am giving out that address and also am giving out my personal mobile phone number if anyone needs to contact me beyond PM....

I also want to put this out there as an idea from another forum member who desires to remain anonymous, but has done a very generous contribution for Project Matt....

There is another forum member here, who just got back from Afghanistan.. several forum members here were evidently sending CARE packages to the guys in his unit over there, during their tour...

so the Suggestion has been made to do this also for that returning forum member....

I support the idea and will commit $20 also to that project to get the ball rolling on that one...

The intended forum member probably doesn't even have a clue that he has been targeted for a little appreciation....

but it is up to you guys if you are cool with that also...

I'll post it as AFGHAN VET PROJECT TWO...

While I am at the keyboard also, I want to say that a lot of guys have complimented me for even thinking of this...I humbly thank you... but the heroes on this are YOU GUYS.. the response on this has already been substantial...

you guys are stepping right up to the plate for Matt here...

So I am the architect here... YOU GUYS are the ones that are building this....

This is already a done deal... it is all now just putting together the logistics...

If anyone out there has a really nice scope they would like to donate or sell cheap to us.. I'd like to send this to Matt with a Leupold or scope of his choice on top...wish we could make it a Nightforce or something of that sort... but we are a little short for that much.. unless some well to do forum member has one he doesn't need anymore...

I'll try and keep an up to date report on this as the gears turn...but it is moving quickly right out of the chute...

I'm proud to be on this forum with everyone of you guys!

I think that is a GREAT idea.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Well the truck is pretty. grin Just teasing Matt. We appreciate what you are doing over there. I notice the 25th Infantry patches. I was in the 25th, stationed in Hawaii, many, many years ago. Is there anything we can do for you on this end while you are deployed to help out you and your family. Our church tries to reach out to help the families of deployed soldiers when we can.

Mart

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
The check is in the mail!! (I LOVE saying that! But, THIS time it's true!) I use Quicken so you'll see it around the 10th.

Thanks for doing the 'leg work' on this.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by mart
Well the truck is pretty. grin Just teasing Matt. We appreciate what you are doing over there. I notice the 25th Infantry patches. I was in the 25th, stationed in Hawaii, many, many years ago. Is there anything we can do for you on this end while you are deployed to help out you and your family. Our church tries to reach out to help the families of deployed soldiers when we can.

Mart

Thanks Mart, I appreciate that. There's really nothing I need though. My family goes to Wasilla Christian and they do an excellent job of taking care of my wife and kids while I'm gone. They send me goodies too. I bought my wife a fourwheeler with a plow during my first deployment, but she never had to use it. One of the men from the church was always over plowing our driveway after every storm. cool

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My check went out today in time to make the last pick-up at 5:00. I am honored to participate.

Another option that could be considered, in order to get a good 35 Whelen, would be to order a Shaw rifle to Matt's specs.

Let's try to keep this thread on the front page.

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Has an action been picked yet? Like others I have the little stuff laying around that may help. Rings bases and so on.

JOC was right. The 270 Winchester on a Model 70 is a great combination as is the 30/06 and 375 H&H

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Howzabouda Remington 700 Classique? Little cerakote, different furniture, some QRW's. Haven't priced a Classique but may be an option. Eh?

Last edited by Karnis; 01/04/12.
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
735 members (10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 84 invisible), 2,738 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,700
Posts18,399,968
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.