Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
jnyork Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
RIVERTON,Wyo.) A 23 year old Riverton man was shot when he allegedly tried to break into a Riverton area home yesterday (Wednesday) morning

Shane Blackburn allegedly woke a 71 year old Riverton man just after 1am Wednesday morning by beating on his door and demanding entry. The man didn�t know who was at the door and refused to open it. When the suspect allegedly began to kick on the door in an attempt to break in, the victim retrieved his handgun. The suspect was eventually able to break the doorway down, and the man discharged his handgun at the intruder. The suspect then immediately fled the area.

The victim was unsure if he had struck anyone after firing his weapon and Deputies were unable to locate anyone in the area after responding to the incident.

Blackburn arrived at the Riverton Memorial Hospital early Wednesday morning with a gunshot wound to his left shoulder, which was not life threatening. An investigation into the incident has determined enough probable cause to believeBlackburnwas responsible for the incident. Shane Blackburn was charged with criminal entry and property destruction.

The case has been forwarded to the Fremont County Attorney�s Office, and further charges may be pending.

[Linked Image]
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes. When the door is bashed in, there are typically no issues with deadly force.

1Minute
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Too bad the perp will survive to bleed the taxpayer money for trial & incarceration.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Agreed Terry!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My .45 doesn't know that my trigger finger is eighty-one years old. And at door-bustin' distance, I expect one eye to suffice.

Question is � do I call 9-1-1 right away, or should I wait until the lump isn't too limp to be hauled-off relatively easily? And I'd like to save the ambulance guys that long, bumpy fifty miles to the ER in Springerville.

And with the door busted-in, should I turn the heat up, or just put-on another heavy jacket?

Decisions, decisions!

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Ken,

With your hand cannon, I would expect the lump to get limp pretty quickly! laugh

As to the 9-11 call, it might take a few minutes to call since you will be carefully watching the lump to make sure it stays limp!

Nothing says you have to endanger yourself in order to render aid to some lump that interrupts your Jackie Evancho CD!

I'm sure that the local constabulary will pull the door to after they have loaded said lump into the appropriate container. Then you can flip a coin as to the jacket or turning the heat up.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Might take a while to find a coin around this dump.

(Oh, the terribly weighty things that we old farts worry about!)

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
OK, flip a CD. If that doesn't work, head on over to the Largo Cafe and flip the waitress! grin
Heads or tails, YOU WIN!!! laugh

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Ohhh I thought this was gonna be a Bret Farve post

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
My bed has a headboard shelf for books and stuff.

Stuff includes the 1911A1 just inches from the pillow, along with a 6 cell Mag Lite.

Scoped 30-06 leans in the corner less than 2 feet from the bed cause I live in cougar country and often need to take a hike out back of the barn at night when the dogs tell me it is time.

So, you young intruders, try to come on in.

Ps I am a geezer and a very light sleeper. Dogs do not like strangers either.

Survivor of the 13th Original Colony, I escaped on December 17, 1968.
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Cabriolet

Stuff includes the 1911A1 just inches from the pillow, along with a 6 cell Mag Lite.

Keep that mag Lite. I had someone in the flashlight business say they were declared weapons and Mag Lite will no longer work on one. I have no clue if that is true or not but I keep my 6 cell clipped right next to the door.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
My .45 doesn't know that my trigger finger is eighty-one years old. And at door-bustin' distance, I expect one eye to suffice.

Question is � do I call 9-1-1 right away, or should I wait until the lump isn't too limp to be hauled-off relatively easily? And I'd like to save the ambulance guys that long, bumpy fifty miles to the ER in Springerville.

And with the door busted-in, should I turn the heat up, or just put-on another heavy jacket?

Decisions, decisions!

A good vest under a jacket can make a huge difference. wink

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

90 members (7x57Hunter, 35, AGL4now, Ashworth, 160user, 41rem, 12 invisible), 976 guests, and 728 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,221
Posts18,447,501
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.