Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
K
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
Sounds like some new scopes are coming soon with some neat reticles and more versatile objective sizes. HMMMM...can't wait to learn more about them....anyone see them at an intro show or anything?? Features look much nicer with things like pop up resetable turrets and new ballistic reticles at prices like what they are today.

GB1

KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yep, curious about them myself. The 6-18x might be tempting...

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Just wish I knew for sure that one can get a FAIR evaluation of the redfield line without their knowledge of Leupold as a owner/maker!!!! The Leu bias is so strong, I just don't trust the opionions to be completely fair????

cavey
KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, watch the optics thoughts forum. They are about as anti-Leupold as this place is pro.

And there are a bunch of Leupy haters here.

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
I thought the Redfield scopes were leupolds, there is no more actual Redfield scopes.................Hb

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by caveman
Just wish I knew for sure that one can get a FAIR evaluation of the redfield line without their knowledge of Leupold as a owner/maker!!!! The Leu bias is so strong, I just don't trust the opionions to be completely fair????

The BIAS works both ways.

Some here dislike Leupolds intensely.

Some love'em.

Frankly , if you need a bunch of internet hand holding just to pull the trigger on a $150-$200 scope with the warranty coverage of the new Redfields, then you have some SERIOUS decision making issues. Don't be such a puzzy. wink

Most of the guys who OWN the damn things and like them have owned LOTS of scopes in that price range over the years AND can judge them honestly.

The bottoms line is this- The new Redfields are a damn good scope for the $$ with a great warranty.

If you expect $400 + optics for $150 to $200- don't buy a Redfield(or any other $200 scope for that matter)

If you want a solid value for your $$- then buy one.

Peace- out.

Last edited by jim62; 01/09/12.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I had a long conversation with Leupold about the Redfield line. You here so many different answers about where they are compared to the Leupold scopes.

I was told with what sounded like an honest answer that the Redfield line is lower than the VX-I in optic quality.

Take it for what it's worth. Unless you think the VX-I is a great scope.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Mauser_Hunter
I had a long conversation with Leupold about the Redfield line. You here so many different answers about where they are compared to the Leupold scopes.

I was told with what sounded like an honest answer that the Redfield line is lower than the VX-I in optic quality.

Take it for what it's worth. Unless you think the VX-I is a great scope.

Whoever at Leupold who told you that has their head WAY up their azz.(which is common, unfortunately)

I have pretty darn good eyesight and compared two Refields a 2-7 and a 3-9 against both a Leupold 6x-36 FX-11 and a VX2 3-9x40.
The difference in optical quality was nill during daylight hours and at dusk ,so slight that you'd really have to like a Gold rings a LOT to justify not buy a Redfield.

The guys I have talked at Leupold say the only real difference between the Redfields and the older VX1 scopes is the simpler guts and reduced assmembly time of the Redfields- not the optics.

It may be that Leupold has upgraded their VX1 scopes optics for 2012 and they are now indeed a step up from the Redfeild line. They sure as heck needed to do something because anyone with decent eyesight could see it was not worth spending he extra coin for the VX 1 scopes. Not to mention the fact that the Redfields had click adjustments where as the VX1 scopes only had friction types.

Last edited by jim62; 01/10/12.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kraky111
Sounds like some new scopes are coming soon with some neat reticles and more versatile objective sizes. HMMMM...can't wait to learn more about them....anyone see them at an intro show or anything?? Features look much nicer with things like pop up resetable turrets and new ballistic reticles at prices like what they are today.

Where might one read about the Revenge line? All I can come up with is the Revolution line?

Take your kids and your grand kids huntin' and shootin'.
K
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
Type the words "redfield revenge" into a google search window and you'll see links to a riflescope store that seems to have many of the models already listed and priced.

IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
According to those specs, the 2x7 Revenge is "fully multicoated" whereas those words are not mentioned with the Revolution. The Revenge is also cheaper than the Revolution which begs the question. Is it still made in American or is this one contracted out in the Far East?

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
made in the Philippines ....

that s why on the revenge page there is no indication of made in USA ...

all the best.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

274 members (10gaugemag, 280shooter, 204guy, 338reddog, 358WCF, 1_deuce, 37 invisible), 2,056 guests, and 1,194 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,151
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.