Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by 1minute
Again, that is a great shot. My wife has gotten heavily into wildlife photography. I used to think one had a good shot if a highlight was visible in the subject's eye. I now realize that with the great images, one can look into the eye.

I found one the wife got up in Alaska. They came out to challenge the seaplane as we were about to head out. Mom and the kid.
[Linked Image]

Now that is a beautiful picture!!!!!!!!

"I'm not crying!!"
GB2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mrsnortherndave

Wow Scott, you do understand what I go thru every day.

Prayers sent. grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thank you. I'll pass that along to the wife. I'd have to get on the wife's PC to get the details on that photo. She shoots a Canon EOS 50 D and stores the largest images possible in RAW formats. They're about 22 megabytes each, and can easily go to poster size. Despite encouragement, she's not done any entries or marketing. She has given a couple hundred images to Oregon Dept Fish & Wildl., and they've used several on their website, in their print media, and on some of thier promotional rigs. A great hobby that has given her the patience of Job.

One could tie some intersting flies if he ever found one of those birds pressed in the road.

Last edited by 1minute; 07/22/11.

1Minute
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
We just learned of Pam's camera being able to record Jpeg+RAW as an option in image quality menu. I'm sure most DSLR's let you do this, like I said we're learning. grin

Something clever here.

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I found one the wife got up in Alaska. They came out to challenge the seaplane as we were about to head out. Mom and the kid.
[Linked Image]

Wow that's sharp!!!

I know that 1minute and Mrs. 1minute have at least one Canon "L" series lens. I suspect that this might be a picture taken through one...

These lenses really do provide exceptional image quality.

Here is another Mrs. 1minute photo (which might also be from an "L" series lens, in any case a great photo!
[Linked Image]

I think you need to outfit with a complete set of "L" series lenses, Dave. wink

John

Last edited by jpb; 07/23/11. Reason: damn autocorrect made me look bad!
IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
That cat photo is awesome too, wow.

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Congrats Pam, way to go!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
One could tie some intersting flies if he ever found one of those birds pressed in the road.

LOL!!!

I'm working out of town and just cruisin the fire in my hotel room and came across this GEM! laugh

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Congradulation's on the photo! I see you have it framed. In our county fair it can't be framed. Can be matted I think but not over 16x20.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Congrats, that's awesome!

I love the detail of the red eye, and the feathers in the neckline.

Now let's see if you can immitate a loon's call...? wink

IC B3

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Thanks for dragging this back up Rooster, I almost forgot I started this thread, with Northern Dave's help of course.

Yeah our fair paper said matted and framed, no smaller than 5x7. So I did the loon picture in an 8x10. A friend of mine loved it so much that she asked for one the same to hang in her salon.

Immitate a loon, oh heaven's no and I won't even try. grin This picture taking has my attention when I have the time, so the loon calls will take back seat. LOL.

I'm working on some more pictures for the fair this year. I took some over the weekend and Dave posted in the photography threads under "Frosty Morning". It's fun to walk around and just snap the pictures.

"I'm not crying!!"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
259 members (2ndwind, 264mag, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 308Palma, 39 invisible), 1,669 guests, and 784 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,186,237
Posts18,371,380
Members73,765
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.