Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
WTF was that ? sick

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Never heard of crunchies either......lol

We just called them grunts.

I was a blackhawk guy, and we were their "taxi's"

Do you know what sound they make when they don't clear off the LZ and we're coming in hot?
Crunch, crunch, crunch??? lol

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Mink
Not that anyone cares, but here is my .02 on this whole debacle. I have been following this whole thing from start until now, and haven't chimed in on an opinion until now.

Frankly, I'm quite dissapointed with my fellow Campfire members. Many people here that I have respected for quite some time have shown a side of themselves that really makes me wonder if the campfire get togethers are something I want to spend the gas money on. Many of you have represented the mob mentality at it's worst.

I think these TN guys came here with a chip on their shoulder and a lot of bad baggage from another site. They brought that baggage here. That was their wrong doing and they were called out on it. They made their apologies, and have actually been active participants in a positive manner on a few other topics and threads. The campfire snobbery has reared it's ugly head and as a result missed the apologise and therefore kept slinging dirt and starting threads about them. Even in the light of that, they have been MORE well mannered than many others that I have seen here.

They are a tight knit group of friends with their own history and inside jokes. This is no different than many of us here. Just because we don't get it, doesn't mean they deserve to be chastized for it, any more than we should be chastized for all of our inside jokes made public.

Then Renegade50 showed up.

I watched this unfold and see it as a MASSIVE misunderstanding. The first batch that came gave a heads up that Renegade was mouthy. So, in light of that I braced for it and just lurked in many of the threads where he was. It turns out that he's opinionated, but not aggressive until somebody points their finger in his direction. Then, he is like most any man in that situation. He won't take your crap, because he doesn't HAVE to. The admirable thing about him that I've noticed is that he acknowledges that's he's "THAT GUY". We all know "that guy". We all know "that guy". He's the friend that will give you the shirt off his back, and the blood in his veins to see you have the life you want, and he'll ask nothing in return. BUT, he's not the friend we take out in public. Here is the cool thing I've noticed about him though. He KNOW'S he's that guy. So he responds well when trusted friends tell him that he's getting out of line. He trusts them. He knows they have his back, and part of having his back is not allowing him to make an utter fool of himself.

The first batch of guys have been decent members ever since they were called out on the baggage they brought from the other site. They have tried to keep a leash on their friend and he has responded to their restraint. Still, just like any tight knit group, if you start in on one of them, you'll have to deal with ALL of them. Much like us here at the campfire. That doesn't earn my disrespect, but rather my respect. It demonstrates the kind of character each of us wants in our friends.

I truly believe that if the Campfire let's these guys free of the image they came in here with due to the baggage from their previous site, we might find that they are campfire kinda folks. I have seen them actually TRY to be respectful, even sincerely apologize, only to get rediculed once again. I dare say that NONE of you would stand for that.

Renegade wasn't mocking any branch of service, nor was he mocking vets in general. He was making a personal statement about one individual. Granted, an individual I greatly respect and admire. This was twisted and perverted to make it sound like he was saying something he wasn't. I mean really folks, are we taking lessons from the politicians we so dispise with this kind of rhetoric!? Without finding out the facts, members just immediately said "screw you, ignored!" Talk about holier than thou snobery!

Flame me if you like, but I think these guys could very well be our kind of folks, but the Campfire made an ass of itself and didn't take the situation for what it really was. A bunch of jumping to conclusions, accusations, and arrogance shown around here. I'm more pissed off with this community than I am with them.

For what it's worth +1

Yep. Jackass nailed it as far as I'm concerned.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
[/quote]

wingnuts, grunts, jarheads, squids.....they all the same..they served! [/quote]
Guess I need o confess to being a REMF NG 9/72 - 9/78
Mark
Flame on!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No flame here!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eh76
WTF was that ? sick
Dedication to a waste of bandwidth!grin

Wha'chu gotz!? [chestbump][gang_sign][grill_flash]

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never heard of crunchies either......lol

We just called them grunts.

I was a blackhawk guy, and we were their "taxi's"

Do you know what sound they make when they don't clear off the LZ and we're coming in hot?
Crunch, crunch, crunch??? lol
Tell Him what he's won, Johnny!!!!!

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mark shubert

wingnuts, grunts, jarheads, squids.....they all the same..they served!
Guess I need o confess to being a REMF NG 9/72 - 9/78
Mark
Flame on!
Most guard guys I worked with were better trained and could execute a mission more efficiently than the RA guys.

The big difference is that you guys have real life missions in garrison (fire fighting, search and rescue, relief efforts, etc) and us regular army guys only have "training".

Certainly no REMF just because you were Guard.

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
WTF was that ? sick

I prolly shouldn't post it here......go to youtube and type in Zac Brown Big Fat Bitch laugh

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem
Originally Posted by T LEE
Yep, AIR CAV is where it is at!

But youse guys keep forgetting where that spinning thingy is posed to be! Damn Guess I'll hafta keep remindin ya! whistle grin

The Army's way... whistle
[Linked Image]

The correct way!!! wink wink
[Linked Image]

Figures a wing wiper would get it wrong!

This is more your speed Woody
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
WTF was that ? sick

I prolly shouldn't post it here......go to youtube and type in Zac Brown Big Fat Bitch laugh
Ok, that beats what I had lined up next....

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
HAJ,

I'm not pissed, but I am confused...

I have seen Renegade50 apologize SEVERAL times and no one has acknowledged that. What happened to courtesy?

Just 'cause you haven't looked that man in the eye and shaken his hand, his apology doesn't count? Who made up THAT rule?

He (and the others earlier) admitted they had crossed a line and apologized.

I saw a bunch of guys who had been locked up find themselves in a new bar with folks just like them (mostly grin), and react just as we would if WE had been cut loose in a toy store with no one watching.

I don't have a one of these guys on ignore. Something I can't say about others on this site.

I HAVE seen responsible posts, in fact, one responding to a prayer/support request comes to the top of my mind.

If these guys were trolls (and I do believe it's a BUNCH of guys, not JM!) the stench would be everywhere.

Off my soapbox.

Ed

I'm still reserving judgement because if I'm correct they were all kicked off another forum together.
Now I know some forums can be pretty anal but not all of them and for an entire group to be kicked off something must have gone down.
Hence my reserved judgement, until they have settled in and relaxed a bit so we can see what they are really like, then I'll decide in my own time and with my own eyes and mind.

The original international turd
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
WTF was that ? sick

Ok, that beats what I had lined up next....

waste of bandwidth but I didn't grin or laugh...boring..what did I win?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A chance to ruin some members childhood memories with this?

Turdlike, by default.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Maarty,

That's all any of us can do.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A chance to ruin some members childhood memories with this?

That was just wrong on so many levels....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem
Yep, AIR CAV is where it is at!

But youse guys keep forgetting where that spinning thingy is posed to be! Damn Guess I'll hafta keep remindin ya! whistle grin

The Army's way... whistle
[Linked Image]

The correct way!!! wink wink
[Linked Image]

Figures a wing wiper would get it wrong!

This is more your speed Woody
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That woulda been some moe better nose art than a ghost! blush

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Interesting

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I shoot a Fireball.

True story.

LOL
T
Tom264 Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
T
Haha.
Things have changed a bit.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

667 members (10ring1, 1234, 19rabbit52, 1badf350, 007FJ, 12344mag, 59 invisible), 2,783 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,694
Posts18,456,642
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.