Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice stuff there Sam,

Lots of fun working with mules and horses. They can bust you up pretty bad but when you are all on the same page it sure is fun.

Here is Taco, fresh from the flatlands, learning that silly schit on his back is to be tolerated.
[Linked Image]
Here he is 2 years later. Packing a bit more muscle down the leg after a �few� climbs and looking at the "silly schit" he had to haul up the hill.
[Linked Image]
In keeping with the scope cover theme here is Jose with BC scope covers, a nice muley and Strider there in the background. No covers might have been just fine on this day.
[Linked Image]
Here is Bill and Phil with a nice ram and Taco, Strider, Belle and Mariah waiting to pack us all home. The Alumina covers worked perfectly on another dry Wyoming hunt.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by JohnBurns; 01/14/12.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
Grass is shorter on your side of the hill.... smile

Just lucky to have a little grass....grin

Burns, that is good training. Great pics, hills look a little taller down there!

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I use the Leupold flip ups but only use the objective one I got a free scopeshield that I havent got a chance to try yet but gonna give it a try

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by Cocadori
Originally Posted by badczech
BC caps break. In the last dozen yrs I've broken 4. They are cheap and unfortunately I carry an extra set in my pack. But, they simply work fantastic. I do have a set of Leupolds Alumia Flips on a Leupold 6x42 that have performed well over the last 3 seasons under snowy conditions. I tend to believe Boxer and his rain infested results with Alumia Flips, and Scopesheild's sock style cover. I hunt Elk in the sideways rain and fog in Coastal Washington mountain ranges where 75 plus inches fall a year and BC caps are a must. I also hunt in North Idaho and NW Montana and have yet had Alumia Flips fail in Rain or snow.

We get about 9 inches of rain fall a year. I never have had the Alumina fail in the light rain or dry snow here in Wyoming. None of them are really waterproof and I fight dust way more than serious rain.

Because I carry a rifle in a saddle scabbard the lower profile of the Alumina is an advantage.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The biggest advantage from where I sit is the fold flat feature.

[Linked Image]

Nice mules... work on the saddles but nice mules...

Ha, I assume you mean the pack saddles with the mesh panniers.

I am a constant cause of embarrassment to my dad and anyone who has to travel down the trail with me.

I do manage to get loads from here to there without needing to stop and shift loads or repack. That�s the whole bull on Mariah there and while the trip out was pretty level and only 4 miles she never needed a shift or repack.

[Linked Image]

It ain�t pretty but I have lost all interest in diamonds and can barely stomach a well done box hitch.

[Linked Image]

yeah...I'm kinda like your father... I cringe a bit looking at the "easy way out". I'm not a fan of the diamond or the double diamond.. (good song by Ian Tyson though ) The box is a favorite of mine. However, I've migrated to a modified sierra box hitch for just about everything. Which now has taken the mostest favorite hitch ...ever... easy to use and teach.

I do like your mules though.. tough to beat a good string of riding and packing mules... looks like (hard to see) you need to have someone show you how to "bell" the tails though... Kinda lets people know you can ride or pack em...

I used to travel a bit further than a couple miles though...

[Linked Image]

[img]http://photos.imageevent.com/wyowhisper/packtrips/websize/Colter%204-6%20Months%20057.jpg[/img]

To get to very, very secluded places ....

[img]http://photos.imageevent.com/wyowhisper/efcamp/websize/DSC01222B.jpg[/img]

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Here is Taco, fresh from the flatlands, learning that silly schit on his back is to be tolerated.
[Linked Image]
Here he is 2 years later. Packing a bit more muscle down the leg after a �few� climbs and looking at the "silly schit" he had to haul up the hill.
[Linked Image]

Nice to see someone taking the time to desensitize the equine.

Looks like you may have or had a good teacher!

I've seen and heard of a few good wrecks that needed the whirly bird to help the owners out. Much could have been avoided if the "training" for both would have been there.

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Shag,

I knew before I tripped the shutter,that I was mining GOLD. 1-7.7" Krieger 22-250AI,3.5-10X 40mm,McMillan Classic and BC's.(grin)

SamO,

I'm glad that riding Donkeys in a field,horns you up...it wouldn't come close to doing it for me. Now shooting Donkeys and Horses?!!? You's speakin' my language there!

Never have lived in a place that either was viable,except for Dog Food or Bear Bait. In fairness however,I do gotta fight my way through ankle tall grass to get to my crummy and as of yet,there's nothing untoward to cite in the fray.

So you gals got me on the ropes with trying to Prairie Fairy and I admit,it's beyond me and for a multitude of unflatterin' reasons(understatement)...I roll more like a Brush Ape and dat's my game.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Ackleymam,

Do tell,as I remain curious as to what you do for a living,that makes walking in ankle tall grass seem difficult for you? It can't be that bad,can it?

Laffin'.

WyoWhimper,

No Pony Parade is complete without you! Perhaps you'd consider shooting Bigsqueeze a PM and wake her from the dead,so this Thread will go down in the annals of History as a right proper Paper Hat Brigade Swan Song? Obliged.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Distantbreakfast.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/DistantbreakfastA.jpg[/img]

Perspective is always interesting,despite it flying over pointy heads...which is of course more than half the fun! Plum amazin' too,how a good pair of corks will never let a good man down and on the really bright side,he can bring lotsa pictures to the Prairie Fairies to show 'em what transpires,where they cain't go.

Win/win!

Laffin'!

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/DADS6179.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/DADS6194.jpg[/img]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Stick, I was more or less commenting on the fact that I feel lucky to be able to go out with my dad and do stuff like that.

I'm sure cutting down trees is(was) more fulfilling(for you) and that's fine. It's also fine that you haven't done it in years and currently work in an oil patch, nothing wrong with that. I'm sure you make good money and the excitment keeps you coming back for more.

And I'll be the first to admit, working on a 'farm' that your father and grandfather literally put together with their bare hands isn't very rewarding at all. Cattle market is in the tank and our old combine broke down before we got any of the crop in the bin. Pretty pathetic way to make a living let alone spend a day.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by Boxer
Shag,

I knew before I tripped the shutter,that I was mining GOLD. 1-7.7" Krieger 22-250AI,3.5-10X 40mm,McMillan Classic and BC's.(grin)

SamO,

I'm glad that riding Donkeys in a field,horns you up...it wouldn't come close to doing it for me. Now shooting Donkeys and Horses?!!? You's speakin' my language there!

Never have lived in a place that either was viable,except for Dog Food or Bear Bait. In fairness however,I do gotta fight my way through ankle tall grass to get to my crummy and as of yet,there's nothing untoward to cite in the fray.

So you gals got me on the ropes with trying to Prairie Fairy and I admit,it's beyond me and for a multitude of unflatterin' reasons(understatement)...I roll more like a Brush Ape and dat's my game.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Ackleymam,

Do tell,as I remain curious as to what you do for a living,that makes walking in ankle tall grass seem difficult for you? It can't be that bad,can it?

Laffin'.

WyoWhimper,

No Pony Parade is complete without you! Perhaps you'd consider shooting Bigsqueeze a PM and wake her from the dead,so this Thread will go down in the annals of History as a right proper Paper Hat Brigade Swan Song? Obliged.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Distantbreakfast.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/DistantbreakfastA.jpg[/img]

Perspective is always interesting,despite it flying over pointy heads...which is of course more than half the fun! Plum amazin' too,how a good pair of corks will never let a good man down and on the really bright side,he can bring lotsa pictures to the Prairie Fairies to show 'em what transpires,where they cain't go.

Win/win!

Laffin'!

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/DADS6179.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/DADS6194.jpg[/img]

Has this come down to who hunts tougher or easier terrain? I suppose you win...I just go where I enjoy to hunt!

And have been in commercial construction for 28 yrs...

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Stick, I was more or less commenting on the fact that I feel lucky to be able to go out with my dad and do stuff like that.

I'm sure cutting down trees is(was) more fulfilling(for you) and that's fine. It's also fine that you haven't done it in years and currently work in an oil patch, nothing wrong with that. I'm sure you make good money and the excitment keeps you coming back for more.

And I'll be the first to admit, working on a 'farm' that your father and grandfather literally put together with their bare hands isn't very rewarding at all. Cattle market is in the tank and our old combine broke down before we got any of the crop in the bin. Pretty pathetic way to make a living let alone spend a day.

SamO,

I groove on how you wish to go JeffO and troll for heartstring,as a feeble foible! Pardon my being raised on a "farm" as you call it,my hands having seen dirt at an early age and my fondest memories being pickles jarred from the garden,steaks from the field and fish from the creek...it was "rough". Great Grandpa homesteaded and the Tradition continues to this day.

[Linked Image]

Please don't flatter yourself,that I'd EVER construe that Cutting was something you could do. The pics were reaffirmation of topography and vegetation and I whole heartedly apologize,if you Imagined yourself as being a viable candidate to perform likewise! I'd not care to burst your bubble that I've single handedly sent well over 100,000,000 board feet to Market and am a touch beyond "comfy" in them particulars. Humored mightily here,that you could hang. Laffin'!

That being said,vocation don't change my location,despite your consternation of the situation,which only fuels your frustration. Funny how yesterday's realizations,fuel your Imaginations. Bless your heart!

[Linked Image]

Where we at...did we do this one yet? I cain't keep track of the whines. Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

I'll toss you a friendly reminder. Hint.

[Linked Image]

Thanks for the "tips". Laffin!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...0Work%20And%20Play/20110506-DAD_4763.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...0Work%20And%20Play/20110605-DAD_5889.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/North%20Slope%20Work%20And%20Play/DAD_0068.jpg[/img]

I'd concur in that your slot,leaves a whole bunch more than a [bleep] alot,to Live for. But It's Funny!

Ackleymam,

YOU miss the point. Hammers are "heavy" and grass gets "deep",so your "findings" are encouraged!

Too funny!

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/DAD_0351.jpg[/img]

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Anybody ever tell you you're an assho**?

Sorry, stupid question.......

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Boxer,

You should consider contacting Butler Creek in an effort to have them prepare a marketing campaign based on your success using their scope covers. I'm envisioning you carrying a pink rifle standing atop a mountain, or in a stream bed, pitching a glowing review of BC products. You'll look confidently into the camera and say something like "while the rest of you [bleep] and prairie fairies are sitting on the couch I'm out hunting and fishing the most aggressive terrain in the world and beating the [bleep] out of these BC covers, and they just won't break." Then you can take your pink rifle and repeatedly slam the ends of the scope (which of course has BC covers on it) against a nearby tree, or throw the rifle as far as you can into the streambed. The camera then focuses on the scope covers which of course will be in pristine condition and fully functional. This would be a win-win for you and BC. Think about it bud, could make you a ton of money.

Last edited by Techsan; 01/15/12.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here is a link to Boxer's profile page.

Stop the Insanity

Click the "Ignore User" button in the middle of the page.

That is the best we can do instead of feeding his ego with our
responses.

Maybe this will work until he is banned for personal attacks, which the mods should have done LONG ago in my opinion.

Last edited by SteelCityArcher; 01/15/12.

Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.
No guns. No peace. No safety.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Lil Fish / Mr. Awesome...
WOW!!
I mean just WOW!!!!!
You certainly are thee man, eh?
Fark!

We are sooo lucky that you have dragged your cheesed up little poosie out of bed this morning to share with us..

As smokepole once said about you:

It's heartwarming to see a man with such a close and loving relationship with himself, who's not afraid to show that love... laugh laugh laugh
...smokepole

Hey Smoke is right!
I for one am glad to see you post here and entertain us do-nothing couch spuds.. whistle

Looking forward to your fish pictures over the next few turns from the "saltmine"...

Seriously.. crazy

It's a great life if you don't weaken..
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

[Linked Image]

Lil Fish,

Perspective is always interesting and I could not help but notice your pictures of alpine country are from the perspective of someone looking up at a mountain.

I find it more interesting to reverse that perspective and show the view from above looking down.

A few example but you will have to forgive the donkeys. grin grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

As a side note I would say your picture of a picture of a tent seems out of place. whistle

[Linked Image]

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by smokepole
Anybody ever tell you you're an assho**?

Sorry, stupid question.......
he may not have heard you see i bet he is hard of hearing cause he hears "man that guy has to be bigstick" but they really said "man that guy IS a big dick"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SteelCityArcher

Stop the Insanity

responses.

Maybe this will work until he is banned for personal attacks, which the mods should have done LONG ago in my opinion.

Ignore 'stick?..... And miss out on pearls like this?
vocation don't change my location,despite your consternation of the situation,which only fuels your frustration. Funny how yesterday's realizations,fuel your Imaginations.

' 'tions'(shuns),puns and prose, pepsi out the nose.

Those with the biggest wedgies, are always calling for this kinda stuff. Dang man, if your panties are that wadded....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks for the 30 year old lumberjack pics!

Why aren't there any new ones?

Crank this chit up and sing along!
Hell you could get fancy and do a slideshow to the music!!!

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
And floating around in a boat with your Elton John montucky and shooting game on the beach is tough......keep telling yourself that's tough hunting, It'll sink in!

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Originally Posted by SteelCityArcher

Stop the Insanity

responses.

Ignore 'stick?..... And miss out on pearls like this?
vocation don't change my location,despite your consternation of the situation,which only fuels your frustration. Funny how yesterday's realizations,fuel your Imaginations.

' 'tions'(shuns),puns and prose, pepsi out the nose.

Those with the biggest wedgies, are always calling for this kinda stuff. Dang man, if your panties are that wadded....

Yep..
LiL Fish = Don Rickles...

Hint!!

Love all the photo's that the rest of the do-nothing gang are posting also..
Neat!

Another good one from another thread that had me "rolling".. laugh

So, for the AI proponents, have you ever made a shot with the .223 AI that could not have been made with the good ol standard .223 Rem? whistle

I routinely have a knack for making shots that you couldn't do with your best dose of Imagination...it's how I roll.

Well we all know that. cool

I was just asking if you, with your sheer awesomeness, had ever made a shot with your trusty .223 AI that you, again with your sheer awesomeness, could not have done with a standard chamber.

I was in no way comparing my meager shooting with your superlative skills honed through years of rigorous practice and a heaping dose of pure natural skill. wink

Oh by the way I think that little shoot is going to happen again this spring in Montana. You ought to wander on down south and give a little demo of �How You Roll�.

I am �rolling� right now. laugh laugh laugh

Last edited by Nrut; 01/15/12.

It's a great life if you don't weaken..
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Lil Fish,

Perspective is always interesting and I could not help but notice your pictures of alpine country are from the perspective of someone looking up at a mountain.

I find it more interesting to reverse that perspective and show the view from above looking down.

A few example but you will have to forgive the donkeys. grin grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

As a side note I would say your picture of a picture of a tent seems out of place. whistle

[Linked Image]

John...Thorofare?

Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

118 members (10Glocks, 44mc, 300jimmy, 41rem, 300_savage, 13 invisible), 1,300 guests, and 824 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,175
Posts18,465,447
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.