Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bauer
Originally Posted by Brad
Unfortunately allen left out the trust fund part that allowed him to pay for all the hunting.

You are an uninformed azz-wipe.

Allen was phoney just like you brad,the only difference is allens old lady didn't make him sell a rifle in order to buy a rifle like yours does brad.

Allens money was derived from selling off his parents property and he was over extended and the market caught up with him.

You can't spell or punctuate properly, let alone string a coherent sentence together, yet somehow you know anything about me or my friend Allen Day.

That IS fascinating... and unlikely.

I'd say uninformed azz-wipe fits quite nicely...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
GB1

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Stand up to mommy brad and make her let you keep a rifle without selling one.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I want to hear all your inside information about Allen's "trust fund"... this should be fascinating.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Selling off all his parents property to developers and pocketing the money was his trust fund.And over extending himself while playing the aristocrat and global hunter role was just as pathetic. Considering how phoney you are brad,it's no shock that you idolized allen.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
allen day>

Posted 29 January 2002 09:56
I own five of D'Arcy's "Legend" rifles. All of them will keep five shots under a half-inch at 100 yds; not only with select, premium-bullet handloads, but with factory loads as well.

Actually, I consider this to be the best custom rifle that money can buy, regardless of cost. It's built around classical riflebuilding concepts, yet it's also built around guilt-edge benchrest accuracy technology, so it sort of represents the best of all worlds. The "Legend" feeds better than any other custom bolt action available from any gunmaker, it shoots with superb accuracy, and it's stocked to handle quickly and to minimize recoil. It's the only true best-quality custom rifle available with a synthetic stock on today's market in my opinion. No one else builds a comparable product, and the more you examine one, the more you see. From Echols' superb, rock-solid scopemount to the exclusive Echols-designed/McMillan-produced stock, this rifle is as solid and dependable as it gets.

But then what else would expect from a man who gratuated from the Colorado School of Trades, apprenticed under Jack Belk and Jerry Fisher, and has been a full-time, best-quality custom rifle builder for his entire adult life?

Those famous-maker "beanfield" custom rifles are absolutely crude by comparison - and from every standpoint of consideration - plus they don't offer anywhere near the real value for the money, nor the performance. Most riflemakers with D'Arcy's sort of background abhor fiberglass stocks, but decided to buck that trend anyway, much to his credit. And yes, his still builds his high-grade custom rifle with a walnut stock as well.

Personally, I've found D'Arcy's to be all business; a highly intelligent wit; an experienced hunter; and a very honest, hard-working man who I respect highly and trust completely. You can do no better......

AD

[This message has been edited by allen day (edited 01-29-2002).]

All guns should be locked up when not in use!
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Selling off all his parents property to developers and pocketing the money was his trust fund.

Hey dumbazz, that's not a trust fund, that's an inheritance. His parents were deceased.

Not surprising you don't know the difference.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Selling off all his parents property to developers and pocketing the money was his trust fund.And over extending himself while playing the aristocrat and global hunter role was just as pathetic. Considering how phoney you are brad,it's no shock that you idolized allen.

This is what happens when someone in an Occupy Movement tent camp has wi-fi access.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

This is what happens when someone in an Occupy Movement tent camp has wi-fi access.

Now that's funny. laugh

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Yes it absolutely was, but when you get in the pit with hogs and scum, it tends to rub off, and in that capacity stick's about as low and scummy as they get and I'm not apologizing. Cheers, jorge

You just revealed a great deal in regards to your character or lack there of.

Last edited by BWalker; 01/20/12.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Although I would never be able or be comfortable spending enough money to buy a Legend rifle, I enjoyed Allen's other comments about triggers, shooting sticks, or whatever......

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BWalker
Yes it absolutely was, but when you get in the pit with hogs and scum, it tends to rub off, and in that capacity stick's about as low and scummy as they get and I'm not apologizing. Cheers, jorge

I'll make a note of it, right next to all the comments he made about my wife..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Brad
Selling off all his parents property to developers and pocketing the money was his trust fund.

Hey dumbazz, that's not a trust fund, that's an inheritance. His parents were deceased.

No it's called phoney.Just like you Brad.

You talk mommy into allowing you to keep a rifle without selling a rifle yet?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No it's called phoney.

It's called taking what your parents left you and making something out of it... another name for it would be capitalism or free-enterprise.

Allen was very successful doing so and it's not surprising some anonymous azz-wipe on the internet is jealous.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Allen was very good at sponging off of his parents and his success ran out along with the market.Granted a manager of a DQ such as yourself brad would find that a noble cause.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
PDNFTFT. TY.

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by cmg
PDNFTFT. TY.

+1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by BWalker

I'll make a note of it, right next to all the comments he made about my wife..

So when ones ego is hurt its OK to sink to the lowest common denominator?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Allen was very good at sponging off of his parents and his success ran out along with the market.Granted a manager of a DQ such as yourself brad would find that a noble cause.

Funny, I've been a custom home builder for quite a few years... you obviously have a hard time keeping up.

Allen "sponged off his parents?"

That's strange, Allen's dad died when he was a kid.

Allen was a friend for years. I've spent time with he and his wife. Allen worked hard and would be the first to tell anyone he had great mentoring along the way which helped him to become successful.

There is no such thing as a "self made man" and Allen would be the first to tell anyone that. Everyone gets help along the way... everyone.

"Running out of luck along with the market" would be nearly everyone in America who wasn't taking a government check... obviously hard to grasp for someone who's never done anything in life. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Again, taking shots at a dead man who you didn't know is about as low as it gets... it's obvious you're a jealous little azz-wipe.

I for one won't sit silently and let some internet jack-off create fiction about a friend not here to defend himself...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by cmg
PDNFTFT. TY.

I don't don't do internet anachronism's... maybe you may want to put that in English or your native Deutsch.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

464 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 56 invisible), 2,911 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,276
Posts18,467,558
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.